+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA for UK Top Up Degrees, HND, BCS (HEQ) and UK MBA

Stargirl89

Apr 16, 2021
In the same position. I think it should be fine. On the Ofqual website it’s a listed regulated qualification - which is why I believe it should be ok..

My only concern is, I did this after my BSc, and WES only takes the highest qualification, so I’m wondering if they would accept my evaluation request for a level 6 qualification..
Thanks Chernobyl.. please do share what Wes comes back with the evaluation results

Kayceekings5

Apr 22, 2021
@prashanfernando
Hello Prashan, hope you doing will and safe.
I just want to ask kindly assist me with the this question.
I am currently doing ATHE level 4 and 5 in business and administrative Management which I intend to top up to get a UK degree.
Now my question is do i have to wait to do my top up before i send my level 4 and 5 to WES for evaluation or i can do that of level 4 and 5 and then when i complete top up i do that separately.
Will I be able to submit more request to WES through same profile or do I need to again when ever I want to add a certificate?.

Kayceekings5

Apr 22, 2021
Hello members. Creating this thread to discuss and clarify concerns with regards to WES ECA for the following:
  • Pearson BTEC HNC/HND (QCF Level 5/ Level 4)
  • UK Top Up Degrees (Level 6 120 Credits)
  • BCS (HEQ) qualifications (including BCS Dip/PGD Project)
  • MBA/ Masters Degrees completed in UK or partner universities (Level 7)
Hope this would be useful!!!!
Sir do we need to submit our level 4 and 5 diploma to WES while we continue the top degree and should both be done at once, why am asking is to knw if I can get my level 4 and 5 Diploma evaluated then later when I complete my top up Bsc I can add that as well.

Diyorio

Apr 16, 2021
I would appreciate if you could clarify the following:

My current score is 441, I have bachelor degree already evaluated by WES, I want to apply for online delivered courses OTHM or ATHE level 4 so after graduating I will be able (hopefully) to claim for two or more certificate or diplomas category in EE? I was searching through online delivered degrees and I would like to know if 120credit diploma from OTHM or ATHE level 4 OR 5 would be evaluated by WES and accepted in EE as a second diploma. Also mentioned courses' duration is 6 months 120 UK credits, will WES evaluate this diploma as 1 year?

danith.t

Apr 25, 2021
Hi Prashan,
Hope you are safe.
Just a small clarification
I have done my bachelor's in engineering from SLIIT and a MBA from University of West London.
Since I have done my master's in a different field, will it influence the outcome of WES or will my MBA be taken as a master's?

Diyorio

Apr 16, 2021
@mona247
HI, I would appreciate if you could clarify the following:

My current score is 441, I have bachelor degree already evaluated by WES, I want to apply for online delivered courses OTHM or ATHE level 4 so after graduating I will be able (hopefully) to claim for two or more certificate or diplomas category in EE? I was searching through online delivered degrees and I would like to know if 120credit diploma from OTHM or ATHE level 4 OR 5 would be evaluated by WES and accepted in EE as a second diploma. Mentioned courses' duration is 6 months 120 UK credits, will WES evaluate this diploma as 1 year?

Also, will level 4 OTHM be accepted by WES as 1 year diploma? or I have to take level 7?

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
@mona247

My current score is 441, I have bachelor degree already evaluated by WES, I want to apply for online delivered courses OTHM or ATHE level 4 so after graduating I will be able (hopefully) to claim for two or more certificate or diplomas category in EE? I was searching through online delivered degrees and I would like to know if 120credit diploma from OTHM or ATHE level 4 OR 5 would be evaluated by WES and accepted in EE as a second diploma. Mentioned courses' duration is 6 months 120 UK credits, will WES evaluate this diploma as 1 year?

Also, will level 4 OTHM be accepted by WES as 1 year diploma? or I have to take level 7?
Since you already have a bachelor's it's logical to take a level 7 if the education is in the area of your bachelor's.

If you are taking up education in a slightly different area of focus,then level 4 will also do the trick for you.

It all depends what do you wish to showcase in front of the immigration officer in your ECA

sahlakhalid06

Jun 4, 2021
@mona247

I am from India, My current score is 413, I have bachelor degree already evaluated by WES. I wanted to take a fully online diploma, so I can claim two or more certificate points. Do you have any suggestions on which course would be best to pick up?

Thank you in advance.

Sparklesk90

Star Member
Nov 15, 2020
Hi All,

first i got my WES report for my BTech (4 Years as Bachelors). Then now recently i got my OTHM Level 7 diploma in Strategic Management and leadership (1 Year) certified by WES as Postgraduate Diploma.

Does this mean i can select two or more degree option?

if yes, i am unable to find that in the EE profile dropdown. I see only Bachelors and Masters and others like secondary, 1 yr, 2 yrs etc.

Chamith

Jul 5, 2021
All QCF Level 4 quals will be accepted by WES as 1 year course of study
Level 5 will be accepted as a 2 year diploma
Likewise your Bachelor's Degree will be evaluated as a 4 years Canadian Bachelor's degree.
All this depends on the authenticity and credit value of transcripts provided.
All QCF Level 4 quals will be accepted by WES as 1 year course of study
Level 5 will be accepted as a 2 year diploma
Likewise your Bachelor's Degree will be evaluated as a 4 years Canadian Bachelor's degree.
All this depends on the authenticity and credit value of transcripts provided.
Hi Prashan, May I know what will be the equivalency in WES for a RQF CMI level 4 Diploma in management and leadership with 39 credits? This is totally an assignment based distance learning program of 6-12 months awarded by chartered management institute, UK.

Also if this qualification is not accepted as a one year diploma program in Canada, what level of CMI qualification would meet that requirement?

Appreciate your support!

Darshana Dias

Jun 24, 2021
I'm Finance Manager and planing to do MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION - UNIVERSITY OF NORTHAMPTON, UK.
Since I'm Finance manager will this UK MBA will valid recognition for Canadian PR and Canadian jobs. let me know thoughts.

Chamith

Jul 5, 2021
@mona247
Hi, May I know what will be the equivalency in WES for a RQF CMI level 4 Diploma in management and leadership with 39 credits? This is totally an assignment based distance learning program of 6-12 months awarded by chartered management institute, UK.

Also if this qualification is not accepted as a one year diploma program in Canada, what level of CMI qualification (with credits) would meet that requirement?

Appreciate your support here!

BilboBaggins

Jul 6, 2021
Dear Friends,

I would like to satisfy the following criteria in the most cost effective way possible.

Diploma in Business Management – Level 4 + Level 5 + Level 6 (12 Months) Ofqual 360 credits. Am I correct in assuming that this will be treated as a 'Bachelors Degree' by WES?

Diploma in Accounting and Business – Level 5 + Level 6 (9 Months) Ofqual 240<-- this would be counted as an 'Associates degree' am I correct? However at entry I believe they need to see level 5 quals or higher (which I have) so the total would be either Associates degree (worst case) and Bachelors degree best case?

Aug 8, 2021
@mona247 @prashanfernando
I ll be completing my level 4 & 5 business management course (both 240 credits from awarding body Qualifi) within few months in Sri Lanka and planning to do a top -up degree (BSc (Hons) Business management- Cardiff Metropolitan - UK) or BA (Hons) in Business Administration - London Metropolitan -UK)

Will I get 2 year credentials for my business management course from Qualifi (240 credits both level 4 and 5 combined) and 4 years for the UK top-up degree separately?

https://qualifi.net/qualifi-level-4-diploma-in-business-management/

https://qualifi.net/qualifi-level-5-diploma-in-business-management/

Oct 18, 2020
This is only Level 8 Qualifi diploma available online -
https://qualifi.net/qualifi-level-8-diploma-in-strategic-management-and-leadership/

Now if you look closely, the entry requirements of the program is Level 7 Diploma or a Master's Degree !!

If someone already has these qualifications it's pointless to apply for a Level 8?? true?

Hi all,
Regarding your question. The Diploma might be equivalent to a PG, however there is no way for sure until it will be sent. Either way, the credits will help boost your score.