Star Member
Feb 14, 2021
Category........
PNP
Thank you for the reply :) , I got the report, but it says like this,

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMERY

Bachelor's degree (four years).

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS

1 - Canadian Equivalency : College-level certificate (one year)
2 - Canadian Equivalency : Diploma (Two years)
3 - Canadian Equivalency : Bachelor's degree (four years)

Is this a mistake from WES? Can I be still considered as "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years"?
It's totally normal.
You either expect a two-year diploma + 4-year degree, or your report result (three credentials).

It's considered as two or more credentials. No worries.

AngusLeio

Star Member
Feb 14, 2021
Category........
PNP
Thank you for the reply :) , I got the report, but it says like this,

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMERY

Bachelor's degree (four years).

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS

1 - Canadian Equivalency : College-level certificate (one year)
2 - Canadian Equivalency : Diploma (Two years)
3 - Canadian Equivalency : Bachelor's degree (four years)

Is this a mistake from WES? Can I be still considered as "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years"?
Better to contact WES and it'll be ideal that they could amend the summary to indicate you have two credentials, of which one should state as a 4-year degree.

Best luck.

Hiru96

Oct 10, 2021
Hello I have the Same question
I'm thinking of complete the QUALIFI UK Level 7 PHD in Accounting and Finance and Complete my MBA in 6 months
So would it be recognised in WES
Please assist me

Angela2021

Oct 11, 2021
If I take a postgraduate diploma with 120 credits in total but 105 credits are exempted, after that I take a MBA Top-up with 80 credits and finally get the master degree. Will WES ECA recognize the degree as a master degree in Canada?

Reactions: Abdullah123@

AngusLeio

Star Member
Feb 14, 2021
Category........
PNP
If I take a postgraduate diploma with 120 credits in total but 105 credits are exempted, after that I take a MBA Top-up with 80 credits and finally get the master degree. Will WES ECA recognize the degree as a master degree in Canada?
Yes no problem.
I've got credits exempted for my L7 diploma and got it evaluated as a full one-year postgraduate diploma.

On top of that, you only need an extra 60 credits, usually a master dissertation, to get a full master's or MBA degree.

Darshana Dias

Jun 24, 2021
Based on the transcripts and prior credits to your top up degree your MBA will be evaluated as a Masters Degree by WES. Both PG Diploma and MBA certificates/transcripts will need to be handed over to WES in order to assess. Hope this helps!!!
Hi ,

I'm following Top up MBA (specialized in Finance ) in University of Bedfordshire UK . This is level 7 Masters degree and I'm getting 180 credits .

I have doubt since , I' have not completed degree prior to this MBA and I got the eligibility to follow this MBA, since I have completed AAT Sri Lanka and got the membership ,also completed CA sri Lanka Executive level and I have experience of 4 year as Finance Manager in Maldives.

So If WES evaluate my prior learning will they give any value to AAT Sri Lanka qualification and CA sri Lanka Executive level. Will they recognize my MBA as masters degree in Canada

Hiru96

Oct 10, 2021
Hello Mr Prashan

I need to know currently I'm following QUALIFI UK Level 7 PGD in Accounting and Finance with 120 credits.
After this I'm thinking about to Complete my MBA (Top Up) as well (60 credits)
Can I know is this MBA will acceptable in WES for the Skill migrations

Hiru96

Oct 10, 2021
Qualifi no problem.
Which university do you go for MBA top-up?
Thank you for your reply
I'm thinking of University Northampton or Gloucestershire for my Top Up MBA after completing my Level 7 PGD
Please let me know would it be accepted by WES

shahbaaz123

Nov 24, 2020
Hi

i have done 3 years Bcom course from osmania university and when i check on WES equivalency tool it is equal to 4 years degree which is good.

and now i m planning to take OTHM level 7 diploma in Occupational health and safety management which is 120 credits to put myself into TWO OR MORE CERTIFICATE category in express entry to claim more points in immigration

my question is if i take OTHM level 7, will WES or any other ECA body will accept it or no. if yes then what is the procedure to get it done for OTHM level 7 diploma.

and is there any problem bcoz my bachelors degree is commerce related (BCom) and OTHM level 7 is safety related diploma which is completely different fields.

and can we evaluate from two different bodies for two different degrees?

appreciate your responses plz

Last edited:

shahbaaz123

Nov 24, 2020
Hi
i m planning to do this OTHM level 7 diploma in occupational health and safety management which is 120 credits to add with my 3 years bachelors degree in commerce.

This is the OTHM level 7 course link: https://www.othm.org.uk/othm-level-7-diploma-in-occupational-health-safety-management.html

but when i checked on wes required documents tools, it is showing OTHM level 6 in Occupational health and safety(60 credits only) and not OTHM level 7 diploma in occupational health and safety management(120 credits)

my question is can i submit this OTHM level 7 (120 credits ) to WES irrespective of it not showing it in the course list . and when i write it manually in Course box , it accepted it and shows the same documents requirements procedure for both level 6 and level 7.

https://applications.wes.org/required-documents/Search/Result?cId=6&eId=38&iNm=OTHM Qualifications&cNm=OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Management&iSec=Further and Professional Education: BTEC Diplomas, Externally Examined Qualifications&comp=1&isEca=True

Plz advise is it safe to submit level 7 for WES evaluation in this above scenario?

shahbaaz123

Nov 24, 2020
Hi

if i have OTHM level 6 Diploma which is 60 credits.

I have 3 years commerce BCom degree and i want to add one of OTHM qualification(60 credits) to claim more points under TWO OR MORE CERTIFICATE CATEGORY in express entry program. so does WES give equivalency for 60 credits program or no ?

pls anyone advise

Adityanaidu

Dec 6, 2021
Hello Everyone,

I am Mariner with more thn 10 years of exp.
I have completed NEBOSH IGC and Nebosh International diploma. And currently pursuing (Distance) PGDM in Project management from india.
As per new guidelines i need to send bachelors qualifications too along with PGDM for evaluation. So what are the possible ECA evaluations for above qualifications??

Thanks in advance

Jatt23

Nov 30, 2021
I wanted to ask if any one have experience or knowledge about the equivalency of level 7 diploma 120 credits in project management? Without bachelors degree?

I don't have bachelors degree I have just post secondary diploma 12 years and 1 year level 6 diploma..but I have few years work experience. But based on work experience my centre skipped level 4 and 5 and enrolled me in level 6.

And after level 6 I have enrolled in level 7 diploma othm. So does any one have knowledge if I would get Post graduate diploma equivalency for my level 7 diploma of 120 UK credit.