+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES assessment of NMIMS distance learning Business Management diploma

Feb 15, 2021
Yes.. I got it done. Got the equivalency of one year post grad diploma in Nov 2020 itself. Its pretty recent.
hi Varah, did you complete the 1 yr diploma with NMIMS ? and did WES verify it as a 1 yr course ? Kindly help. I am thinking of doing a Diploma course(Operations Management) from NMIMS . And i have been confused as many said its counted as 6 months in WEs assessment.

pls reply

Varah6021

Nov 11, 2020
hi Varah, did you complete the 1 yr diploma with NMIMS ? and did WES verify it as a 1 yr course ? Kindly help. I am thinking of doing a Diploma course(Operations Management) from NMIMS . And i have been confused as many said its counted as 6 months in WEs assessment.

pls reply
I did a post graduate diploma that's counted as a diploma level course. If you do a diploma it might be counted as a one level lower degree

hp009

Aug 20, 2020
NMIMS diploma of 1 year is counted as " 1 year undergraduate certificate". and it will fetch you one and more degree points in CRS.

puja nandi

Jan 20, 2021
Hi All,

Can anybody help me clarify if 1 year Diploma program from NMIMS considered as 1 year or 6months after Wes evaluation.

currently I am confused with the comments and I have an option in semester 2 to opt for 2 yearPG program.

I have already evaluated my 4 year degree through Wes and aiming for 2 or more education criteria selection for express entry.

any advice will be helpful

Thanks
Puja

bharathp

Aug 3, 2021
Hi All, I completed my diploma in Human Resources from NMIMS (20-21). I just got my ECA report which gave me a Canadian Equivalency as Postgraduate diploma (one year). For anyone who was anxious to know about NMIMS, this is my example.

puja nandi

Jan 20, 2021
Hi All, I completed my diploma in Human Resources from NMIMS (20-21). I just got my ECA report which gave me a Canadian Equivalency as Postgraduate diploma (one year). For anyone who was anxious to know about NMIMS, this is my example.
Thank you so much for the clarification. This helps a lot as currently I am pursing the 1Year diploma program from NMIMS.

can you please let me know what education option have you selected in Wes for evaluation?

bharathp

Aug 3, 2021
Thank you so much for the clarification. This helps a lot as currently I am pursing the 1Year diploma program from NMIMS.

can you please let me know what education option have you selected in Wes for evaluation?
Hi Puja, I selected non university post graduate diploma option. College & Diploma/Certificate Name are from a list of dropdowns and they appear as you type in. Let me know if this helps.

Reactions: Pradip_2021

Pradip_2021

Aug 14, 2021
Hi Puja, I selected non university post graduate diploma option. College & Diploma/Certificate Name are from a list of dropdowns and they appear as you type in. Let me know if this helps.
Hi Bharat, I have completed an online PG diploma from Upgrad which wasof 18 months duration. Should it also be applied under non-university post graduate diploma education? Is this option applicable for all online education we do?

bharathp

Aug 3, 2021
Hi Bharat, I have completed an online PG diploma from Upgrad which wasof 18 months duration. Should it also be applied under non-university post graduate diploma education? Is this option applicable for all online education we do?
Hi Pradip, as far as I know upgrad has ties with individual universities which offer various programs. So, I believe you need to select that university under non university list and apply for an upgrade/a regular evaluation. I am not sure if that applies to all online education though.

Aug 15, 2021
Hi bharat, dont want to bother you too much but just wanted to ask, if I do Distance mba from NMIMS will it get validated for 2 years? or will I just get 1 year pgdm

bharathp

Aug 3, 2021
Hi bharat, dont want to bother you too much but just wanted to ask, if I do Distance mba from NMIMS will it get validated for 2 years? or will I just get 1 year pgdm
Hey, the regular MBA is evaluated as 1 year course from WES for everyone. So, I don’t see distance MBA getting certified as a masters. Besides, the second degree for PR doesn’t have to be 2 years, it can be any graduate certificate course, (if you have bachelors degree).

Aug 15, 2021
Thank you for you response! Just to clarify .So, If I send my distance mba degree to IQAS or CES, will they evaluate it as 2 years masters? I would really like those 7 extra points.

bharathp

Aug 3, 2021
Thank you for you response! Just to clarify .So, If I send my distance mba degree to IQAS or CES, will they evaluate it as 2 years masters? I would really like those 7 extra points.
I am not sure about those 2 institutions buddy. I went through WES for everything, you could check other threads.

smitthakkar

Sep 10, 2021
hey @bharathp, thanks for sharing the experience, appreciate it.
Summarizing your journey, just wanted to see if I am on the right track.
1. Took this HR Course , (I'm planning to take this Course)
2. In WES filled in as
Non-university Postgraduation Diploma Education > Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies > Diploma in Human Resource Management (it pops up on typing)
3. Ask NMIMS to send the transcripts and as you posted, it will be counted as DIPLOMA IN HR(1 YEAR), Result : Post Graduate Certificate

Then you can get 2 or more certificates in CRS : 1 should be > 3yrs + NMIMS Post Grad (1YR)
Planning to take the Course for Aug 2021 batch, please let me know if the steps are correct.