+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES assessment of NMIMS distance learning Business Management diploma

Varah6021

Nov 11, 2020
hello,

thanks for reply...Can you explain for more clarity? have you done it?

Somewhere i read that one year distance degree from NMIMS will be treated as Under-grad certificate.
Yes.. I got it done. Got the equivalency of one year post grad diploma in Nov 2020 itself. Its pretty recent.

AmitShri09

Dec 6, 2020
Hi,

My brother, who has applied under the Express Entry scheme, has successfully completed the NMIMS diploma in Business Management by distance learning.

When going through the WES assessment, we (I am assisting him with the form filling and documentation side of things) had a few questions.

a) Under what category should he update this information on the WES website as? NMIMS is a "deemed university" in India. When entering the information in the WES website, can my brother list the diploma under "University education"?

b) The diploma is not a Post-Graduate Diploma, and can be undertaken by either a graduate or by school-leavers with work experience. In my brother's case, he undertook the course after his graduation. Would WES consider it a Post-Graduate Diploma? Would it make any difference to the the Express Entry requirements whether the diploma is just a diploma or a PG diploma?
What did your Brother selected while adding this 1 year Diploma from NMIMS for WES ECA. What was 'Type of Education' selected? Under 'University Education' or 'Non-university Post Graduate Diploma' category?

Ryan92

Jan 11, 2021
Yes.. I got it done. Got the equivalency of one year post grad diploma in Nov 2020 itself. Its pretty recent.
Hi I have a BBA degree 3 year Distance learning from Amity University and I am currently pursuing 1 year Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing Management. Could you please help me to know how does WES counts 1 year post graduate diploma and whether I will be awarded points under two or more degree or certificates category? Thanks

BeckieB

Jan 13, 2021
Hello, thank you for sharing your inputs. Two queries from my side.

1. In WES what was the 'Type of Education' selected? Under 'University Education' or 'Non-university Post Graduate Diploma' category?

2. Which was your specialization in your Diploma?

I look forward to hearing from you.

MrAB07

Jan 14, 2021
Hey buddy , need some desperate help!!!
Hey , I am planning to opt for the same course as well but it shows the batch start in January, How did you get your certificate in Nov 2020 if its a 1 year course?
When was the course start date?

Varah6021

Nov 11, 2020
Hey buddy , need some desperate help!!!
Hey , I am planning to opt for the same course as well but it shows the batch start in January, How did you get your certificate in Nov 2020 if its a 1 year course?
When was the course start date?
I had enrolled earlier. The exams were delayed due to covid and hence I got the results in sep and took almost 6 weeks to get wes done, that's how Nov. You can enroll with late fee even now. Contact nmims they'll be able to help

Varah6021

Nov 11, 2020
Hi I have a BBA degree 3 year Distance learning from Amity University and I am currently pursuing 1 year Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing Management. Could you please help me to know how does WES counts 1 year post graduate diploma and whether I will be awarded points under two or more degree or certificates category? Thanks
You should get the points. Check the equivalency of your bba degree. If that is equivalent to bachelors degree of 3/4 years then nmims diploma wouldn't be a problem.

BeckieB

Jan 13, 2021
I had enrolled earlier. The exams were delayed due to covid and hence I got the results in sep and took almost 6 weeks to get wes done, that's how Nov. You can enroll with late fee even now. Contact nmims they'll be able to help
Hey, so have you sent your Degree certificate along with your mark sheets to WES? If so, how long it took to receive your degree certificate post to your second semester results.

Can you please help here?

Last edited:

Varah6021

Nov 11, 2020
Hey, so have you sent your Degree certificate along with your mark sheets to WES? If so, how long it took to receive your degree certificate post to your second semester results.

Can you please help here?
A month almost. It was delayed due to covid.