+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message below for details.

lk231188

Star Member
May 5, 2018
I'm in the same situation...plz help me...how they inform me....when how...I didn't receive anything frm them...I gave my biometric in VFS office and they told me we will send it to Dehli...they also gave me tracking I'd...but it shows "no record found"....I feel so worried....its more thn two weeks ....I didn't receive anything from them...plz suggest me...what should I do....
First of all don’t panic . Here is the list of things you can do ..
1. Call VFS helpline and double check whether your biometrics have reached Delhi high commission or not.
2. Raise a CSE ( and mention that your biometrics haven’t been processed yet. Attach the screenshot of biometrics sticker which u must have received from VFS. )
3. Call IRCC and check with them. +6139444000

ruddin_hd

Jan 13, 2019
Hi, I am in the same situation - biometrics already submitted but status still shows "We need your fingerprints to process your application. Check your messages below for details." I have raised a web form but looking at the messages of this forum, clearly it is a technical snag in the website and doesn't impact the application.

harmeet1991

May 16, 2019
Hi friends
I am also in the same boat. I gave my biometrics on 6th May. after that status is showing on tracking no- Visa application, tracking ID No. @XXXXXXXXXXXXXX has been received at the New Delhi OC VAC on 2019-05-07 03:57:12 AM GMT Standard Time and is on transit to the IRCC Office in New Delhi OC, for processing. My wife is a student in Canada and I apply for an open work permit. I called my consultant she said no worries it is under process but my all friends got the visa. So i have to wait more or taking any action. I don't know what happen with my file. From all of you any one get visa , still m confused it is nearly months...

MustLoveCats

Jan 24, 2016
Update: Still no change in the status from 'we have not received your fingerprints' - but I contacted the VAC (the independent place that does the actual fingerprint taking - not IRCC or CA GOV at all) and over the course of a week and emails back and forth giving various bits of info, they said that they had informed the London Canadian High Commission (my local embassy handling the PR) and assured me that they had contacted CHC and that they had received them.

Biometrics taken 11 Dec 2018 - it's now 18 Feb 2019, so two months.

I did use the biometrics check tool (https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/extapp/bioStatusQuery) that I found here, and that does seem to confirm that IRCC have biometrics on record for me.

Seems to be par for the course - but considering (despite long waits) how accurate all the other information is, this is a worrying 'bug' in their system.

Oh, and nothing from IRCC at all. I submitted a technical fault with a screenshot about it 22 Jan, and it's been 'read' but nothing else. I can only hope a fix is on their backlog to improve things in the future.

Thanks for this post. Glad I research a lot in my life. This has been incredibly helpful. I had my biometrics done today but not reflected on GCKey yet but that site has it as valid and active, and expiry date is 10 years from today, which means it had to have gone through. I work in healthcare and have always had problems with fingerprinting and had so much anxiety if they went through or not, so thank you for this.

Reactions: kevinthegerbil

kevinthegerbil

Star Member
Aug 26, 2018
UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
13-08-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
IELTS Request
Not needed
File Transfer...
24-12-2018
Med's Request
10-12-2018
Med's Done....
27-01-2019
Interview........
Not needed
A very annoying 'bug' in the system. I did get written (email) confirmation that they are indeed on the system - but how worrying is that? Not just no status, but actually telling you to do something when there's nothing you can do! :(

I have requested ATIP notes (GCMS/ATIP - basically a copy of the case files they have for your application) - I hope to see more information in there.

Reactions: Lc4life

prijijohn

Oct 21, 2014
Hi, I am in the same situation - biometrics already submitted but status still shows "Your action is required " and under the details sections it says "We need your fingerprints to process your application. Check your messages below for details." .However i could see our Biometrics number and the Enrolled date and its expiry. Did any one sorted out this issue.Its already been 3 weeks for me :(

kevinthegerbil

Star Member
Aug 26, 2018
UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
13-08-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
IELTS Request
Not needed
File Transfer...
24-12-2018
Med's Request
10-12-2018
Med's Done....
27-01-2019
Interview........
Not needed
I've now been through the process - I have my PR!

The biometrics did not update until AFTER I'd received the physical PR (letter/CoPR) in the post.

So don't worry. Sadly they have no loop back to say it's received.

In the closing weeks of the process, I was asked to resubmit a renewed police cert and a Schedule A (about you, family, jobs, education etc) - and this remained as 'you need to submit your documents - see communication of X July' until it was all completed and PR issued.

So don't don't worry. One for the feedback form at the end to try and get it on their backlog of fixes! If just to improve the mental health of those awaiting an application to be processed!

Reactions: Lc4life

hpob

Feb 4, 2019
Hi, I am in the same situation - biometrics already submitted but status still shows "Your action is required " and under the details sections it says "We need your fingerprints to process your application. Check your messages below for details." .However i could see our Biometrics number and the Enrolled date and its expiry. Did any one sorted out this issue.Its already been 3 weeks for me :(
I had this issue but I also got my PR through fine. Your status is unlikely to change until either you get your Ready for visa email or your COPR is in the post from the London High Commission.

Don't panic! I know it's incredibly hard to worry and my nerves were shredded at this point but it'll be fine.

Good luck!

ruddin_hd

Jan 13, 2019
Hi, I am in the same situation - biometrics already submitted but status still shows "We need your fingerprints to process your application. Check your messages below for details." I have raised a web form but looking at the messages of this forum, clearly it is a technical snag in the website and doesn't impact the application.
Hi guys,

I received my PPR 2 weeks back and 2 days before PPR, the biometric message changed to "Completed". So don't worry guys, it is a technical glitch affecting few applicants. Just raise a webform and inform them if you are concerned.

prijijohn

Oct 21, 2014
Hi guys,

I received my PPR 2 weeks back and 2 days before PPR, the biometric message changed to "Completed". So don't worry guys, it is a technical glitch affecting few applicants. Just raise a webform and inform them if you are concerned.
Thank you guys. Did it affected your processing time in any means. ?

Sharmeen22

Aug 28, 2019
Hi,

I did biometrics on 19th October, For the next 23 days was still showing "Your action is required"

And after 23 days, on 10th of November, the status is finally "Submitted" and the message become "We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message below for details."

Anyone face the same situation ? How to handle any idea ?

Thank you,
The exact same thing is happening to me right now. Did your issue get solved?
I have sent numerous emails and web forms but no response. And it's been almost 2 months since I gave my biometrics and now it says we haven't received your fingerprints.

Kam10

May 9, 2019
I've now been through the process - I have my PR!

The biometrics did not update until AFTER I'd received the physical PR (letter/CoPR) in the post.

So don't worry. Sadly they have no loop back to say it's received.

In the closing weeks of the process, I was asked to resubmit a renewed police cert and a Schedule A (about you, family, jobs, education etc) - and this remained as 'you need to submit your documents - see communication of X July' until it was all completed and PR issued.

So don't don't worry. One for the feedback form at the end to try and get it on their backlog of fixes! If just to improve the mental health of those awaiting an application to be processed!
Hi Kevin,

Will you please tell me how long it took you to get your PR from submitting the file till end? Thank you

Sep 7, 2019
Hi,

I did biometrics on Onlinesbi sudoku aadhar card 19th October, For the next 23 days was still showing "Your action is required"

And after 23 days, on 10th of November, the status is finally "Submitted" and the message become "We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message below for details."

Anyone face the same situation ? How to handle any idea ?

Thank you,
The biometrics number is correctly displayed and I recieved no new messages since the biometrics request one.

Last edited: