+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR Card after landing - add your case here

vsoftco

Star Member
Aug 7, 2012
razabi83 said:
Hi guys, I'm approaching the first landing and I want to be sure I'll have everything with me. Could you please clarify if I need to carry any photograph with me?
Thanks
I did my landing inland (at an IRCC office) and the officer there asked me for photographs. To be on the safe side take a set of them (with the required specs) with you.

razabi83

Star Member
Nov 24, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Travel history - April 28
AOR Received.
19-03-2016
Med's Done....
20-03-2016
I have some photos as per PPR spec. Which spec should I consider for landing? Thx

vikas2_j

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2015
Med's Request
13-04-2016
Med's Done....
09-06-2016
Passport Req..
07-12-2016
Landed on 16th Dec and currently website say it takes 58 days to get the first PR card

MOONGS

Star Member
May 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called CIC as well and they said file has been sent to the facility for printing cards.

Landing done y Parents on Nov 18. waiting for the cards.

O-deer, please teh forum once you receive your card.

Cheers,
Moongs

O_deer said:
You are not the only one. I landed on Nov 5, and called CIC today. They told me that my file has been sent to the facility that prints the cards. Once it's done, it will be sent out from Ottawa. :) don't have to worry too much.

HighCeiling

Dec 30, 2016
Landed yesterday (11th Jan)...was told by border agent I may get it by April, as I am travelling back to the UK I will need to get a PRTD in London..unless by some miracle the PR Card turns up by early March.

janicebunny

Sep 28, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2016
AOR Received.
22-03-2016
File Transfer...
30-03-2016
Med's Done....
27-01-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
06-11-2016
finally got my PR card today!

landed on Nov 6
card received on Jan 12

mdeterville

May 30, 2016
Hi All:

Landed (IRCC Interview in halifax) on November 15th, 2016.

Called CIC today. Informed me that my information was sent to the card print center and I should get it in "a few weeks".

Will update when I get it.

Cheers,

Mac

SlimVictoria

Aug 10, 2015
Hey guys,

I just received my passport & COPR and planning to go to an IRCC office to do the landing process.

However, I noticed on my COPR, the Orig. Entry Date is wrong ... and also, IRCC returned both of my photos (one is on my COPR and the other one with my name and DOB written on the back is in the return envelope), I thought IRCC will keep one of the photo, very strange. I am wondering if anybody here received all your photos back along with your COPR and/or passport as well, thanks.

Hope everyone has a good weekend :)

kayak08

Jun 10, 2015
Hello Experts,

I had applied for Canada PR under CEC during my stint in Canada. I'm back to India in Feb 2016 & now my Canada PR Landing Visa is issued to me (valid till Apr 2017).

Now, I'm planning to make a landing in Mar 2017 on Toronto Airport & will be back to India in couple of days after a short stay. I've few queries -

i) I saw on some link that we need to carry filled, pre-printed form 'IMM 5444 E : Application for a Permanent Resident Card' at immigration counter. Is it mandatory for both applicants (me & my spouse)? What should we fill in the field 'Date you became Permanent Resident of Canada'? Should it be our landing date?

ii) Can I give my India Address for delivering our PR Cards (mine & spouse's)? is it safer?

iii) As an alternative, is it possible to request for PR Card only after I start settling in Canada at a later point of time? In that case, will I be able to land in Canada again for settling without a PR Card? Does CIC issue a Canada PR Visa valid for default 5 years on our passports?

Thanks in advance for your help & guidance in this case.

adnan2014

Star Member
Sep 23, 2014
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dont worry bro...
U will get it soon. CIC taking 45 days for sending PR card. BTW keep checking your email box (registered email), may be there is some issue in photo specification. I received that type of email and then I went to Drug shopper mart for new pic.

AD

TO_pr said:
Landed nov 9th still waiting for card to arrive.. Any updates from people that landed prior to this?

wazim87

Star Member
Feb 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/11/2015
Doc's Request.
upfront - 22/09/15
AOR Received.
28/1/2016
File Transfer...
28/1/2016
Med's Done....
22/10/2015
My wife landed Nov 11. I called CIC on Friday for an update. The agent said that they accidentally skipped over your file, and that he has sent a message to urgently process the PR CARD. Quite odd!

Hopefully will get it in a few weeks!

singh_maninder

Jan 5, 2016
I got a photo request but I am outside Canada. What should I do ? Sending photos directly to CIC or to my friend so he can forward it ?

Ottawa-applicant

Apr 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SlimVictoria said:
Hey guys,

I just received my passport & COPR and planning to go to an IRCC office to do the landing process.

However, I noticed on my COPR, the Orig. Entry Date is wrong ... and also, IRCC returned both of my photos (one is on my COPR and the other one with my name and DOB written on the back is in the return envelope), I thought IRCC will keep one of the photo, very strange. I am wondering if anybody here received all your photos back along with your COPR and/or passport as well, thanks.

Hope everyone has a good weekend :)
Did you discuss the error on your CoPR with IRCC?

My CoPR has mistake in the Original entry date, I believe its very important to correct it. The issue is that it will take up to 6 months for the processing time :(