+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR Card after landing - add your case here

ow7ki

Jul 10, 2015
sk13 said:
Did they give any reason why need to retake the photo? was it because of missing photos (or) quality of the initial provided photos?
No reason, just require me to send new photos to them.

ashikn

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
I just called CIC call center and infomred the lady that today is 88th day (i landed on 25th of April) of my PR card processing time and as per CIC website the PR processing time is now 84 days. The lady reply you have to add approx additional 2 weeks on top of 84 days which means I have to wait till 29th of July and after that I should call again.

I requested her twice, if she can check my status but she replied we cant before 84 days + additional 2 weeks. !!!! whatz this additonal 2 weeks ????????

GinCan

Star Member
Aug 22, 2014
Hi Friends,

I landed on April 25th and called CIC call centre to know the status of my PR Card.

I was unlucky two times as the agent refused to login and check the status. She just brushed away by saying that "It will take two more weeks and you should get it soon"

I called for the third time and luckily the agent this time the agent was very helpful. He logged in by asking me my UCI and other details and told me that "Your card is still under processing". Once it will be approved, it will be sent for printing. He was unable to provide any time frame for this.

Any idea how much time does it take for them to complete card processing and finally mail it to us?

P.S: I changed my address on July 1st online and they were having my latest address in their records. However, my ECAS still has the old address.

-GinCan

mofan

Star Member
Jun 18, 2012
spaceexp said:
PR cards for different family members often come separately. Maybe wait until the end of this week before reapplying?
Thanks for the reply. But it was mailed at the day as mine. I cannot think of anything that could delay it so much.

PR_aspirent

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
mofan said:
Thanks for the reply. But it was mailed at the day as mine. I cannot think of anything that could delay it so much.
Mine too!
landed april 18th, got my PR card last Friday, my spouse PR card have not arrived yet...
have not called CIC on this.

Captain_Prince

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
traxton said:
1) Don't know, but just call back 10 days or more later to ask whether they have your updated address in the system. I also changed my address after landing and the PR card went to my new address.

2) Yes, I DHL-ed my spouse's PR card to an overseas address and my spouse received it without any issues. I'd recommend not to use Canada Post as I have heard rumours / stories on this forum of Canada Post returning the PR card to the sender when the processing team found a PR card in the mailing package. Whereas folks (like myself) who used DHL/FedEx/UPS had no issues.
Thank you Traxton for the info +1 for you, do I need to confirm about activation of PR card process as well or it will be automatically started after completion of my application status(My online application status shows complete with 5th line added about the landing ) I have seen a post where ones process of PR card was not initiated and he has to go to boarders again to activate the PR card request

Regards,

Captain

spaceexp

Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna-->Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
received by CIC 12-03-2014
AOR Received.
10-04-2014
File Transfer...
01-05-2014
Med's Done....
03-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-11-2014 (IP 18-11-2014, mailed 03-12-2014)
VISA ISSUED...
30-12-2014 , then again 13-02-2015 (DM 03-01-2015, PP&CoPR received 06-01-2015, returned to Ottawa because of a mistake, received again on 16-02-2015)
LANDED..........
16-02-2015
mofan said:
I can, probably you think it's the same thing (read my signature line :mad: ). It has happened before that Canadapost loses mail, even Xpresspost one. Unfortunately CIC is very relaxed about PR cards and they use regular mail. I will never understand this, and how come they are not worried about PR cards lost in mail being misused. I would imagine someone stealing them or something (criminals, illegal immigrants, etc).

I really hope although it was mailed the same day, it just got into two "batches" and your spouse will get their this week. Good luck!

Captain_Prince said:
Thank you Traxton for the info +1 for you, do I need to confirm about activation of PR card process as well or it will be automatically started after completion of my application status(My online application status shows complete with 5th line added about the landing ) I have seen a post where ones process of PR card was not initiated and he has to go to boarders again to activate the PR card request

Regards,

Captain
PR card process starts automatically. I didn't really see those posts about the process not being initiated (I believe you though), so I think those cases are rare. When you call to confirm the address they will surely tell you if the card is not being processes.

Most people actually have problems with address change. Make sure you call in 10 days, like traxton said, and then in a month again, and again, and every time you call confirm which address they have.

I advise this because sometimes they send PR card to the old address although they have the new address in the system. Maybe try to have someone at the old address contact you in case this happens?

Also, sometimes (I think this happened to a whole bunch of people a few months ago), they lose the address in the system completely.

Ecas will probably not show anything about the PR card. Sometimes the new section appears, but that is only for a very small percentage of applicants.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
spaceexp said:
Yeah, I read it, too, multiple times. But as I mentioned, both the accountant and CRA said I had to file taxes, and in 2014 I was actually only a visitor. I also tried to confirm with CRA does it mean I CAN file them if I WANT TO, but they said I HAVE TO. I called three times, got different agents and the same answer. Taxes are not something to play with...

Also, I had zero income, didn't split income with my husband, have no kids, didn't try to get any benefits. Basically, my tax forms were all zeros (except the usual deductions that apply to everyone).

You can see that another forum member said the same thing, taxes must be filed even with zero income: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/waiting-for-pr-card-after-landing-add-your-case-here/-t162351.0.html;msg4489087#msg4489087 (second post from the bottom on that page).
Well, I have a job so I filed a tax return for 2014. But I don't understand how to file it with no T4, T4A, etc and what is the purpose of it.

Btw. Called CIC yesterday and the agent told me that the card is in production. (Apr. 22)

spaceexp

Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna-->Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
10-04-2014
File Transfer...
01-05-2014
Med's Done....
03-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-12-2014 , then again 13-02-2015 (DM 03-01-2015, PP&CoPR received 06-01-2015, returned to Ottawa because of a mistake, received again on 16-02-2015)
LANDED..........
16-02-2015
Diplomatru said:
Well, I have a job so I filed a tax return for 2014. But I don't understand how to file it with no T4, T4A, etc and what is the purpose of it.

Btw. Called CIC yesterday and the agent told me that the card is in production. (Apr. 22)
I don't understand it either, but they said file it, and you know Al Capone's story, soooo :D Better to listen to them :p Well, T4 only shows how much you have earned. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you don't actually send the slip to the CRA? You have to save it IF they ever decide to check your numbers. Same goes with other types of income or no income. I put all zeros, and if they ever want to check, I guess they will check all the possible sources, bank accounts, etc.

They did recently ask me to report my worldwide income for GST/HST (before moving to Canada in 2014), again only the number, and they said just to save the document, they don't need it, so that is how I think it works. They take your numbers, because they believe you will report them correctly, because the penalties for mistakes found upon review are huge.

Congratz, I hope you get your card soon.

mofan

Star Member
Jun 18, 2012
spaceexp said:
I can, probably you think it's the same thing (read my signature line :mad: ). It has happened before that Canadapost loses mail, even Xpresspost one. Unfortunately CIC is very relaxed about PR cards and they use regular mail. I will never understand this, and how come they are not worried about PR cards lost in mail being misused. I would imagine someone stealing them or something (criminals, illegal immigrants, etc).

I really hope although it was mailed the same day, it just got into two "batches" and your spouse will get their this week. Good luck!

PR card process starts automatically. I didn't really see those posts about the process not being initiated (I believe you though), so I think those cases are rare. When you call to confirm the address they will surely tell you if the card is not being processes.

Most people actually have problems with address change. Make sure you call in 10 days, like traxton said, and then in a month again, and again, and every time you call confirm which address they have.

I advise this because sometimes they send PR card to the old address although they have the new address in the system. Maybe try to have someone at the old address contact you in case this happens?

Also, sometimes (I think this happened to a whole bunch of people a few months ago), they lose the address in the system completely.

Ecas will probably not show anything about the PR card. Sometimes the new section appears, but that is only for a very small percentage of applicants.
Thank you spaceexp for your nice words. I am keeping my fingers crossed and hope it turns out as you said that we would receive it this week. Just to further support your signature line, my PR card was actually sent to my neighbor by the stupid postman, and I keep getting the wrong mails every month.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
spaceexp said:
I don't understand it either, but they said file it, and you know Al Capone's story, soooo :D Better to listen to them :p Well, T4 only shows how much you have earned. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you don't actually send the slip to the CRA? You have to save it IF they ever decide to check your numbers. Same goes with other types of income or no income. I put all zeros, and if they ever want to check, I guess they will check all the possible sources, bank accounts, etc.

They did recently ask me to report my worldwide income for GST/HST (before moving to Canada in 2014), again only the number, and they said just to save the document, they don't need it, so that is how I think it works. They take your numbers, because they believe you will report them correctly, because the penalties for mistakes found upon review are huge.

Congratz, I hope you get your card soon.
Yep. My accountant scanned all the income forms, but didn't submit them. CRA randomly picks up some tax returns for audit so the accountant can follow up with T4 and other forms momentarily. That's pretty efficient. And I love your Al Capone reference +1 :D

mrfall

Jul 20, 2015
Hello every one
i landed in april 24.2015 in montreal and i change address many times to calgary but till now no any change in website
any one has same my situation and where is the problem
thanks for helping

haras

Sep 23, 2014
mrfall said:
Hello every one
i landed in april 24.2015 in montreal and i change address many times to calgary but till now no any change in website
thanks for helping
Yeah, same issue as mine. Landed 22Apr and change ECAs 1st week of July. Still no PR card and no update in ECAS. Please advise if you received your card.

spaceexp

Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna-->Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
10-04-2014
File Transfer...
01-05-2014
Med's Done....
03-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16-02-2015
mrfall said:
Hello every one
thanks for helping
haras said:
Yeah, same issue as mine. Landed 22Apr and change ECAs 1st week of July. Still no PR card and no update in ECAS. Please advise if you received your card.
I advise you both to call CIC and check what address they have in their system, since it is often different then ecas. Also, regardless of what they say they have, try and contact someone at your old address and ask them nicely to contact you if they get your PR card. It has happened a few times that CIC sent the card to the old address although they said they had the new one in the system.