+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR Card after landing - add your case here

haras

Sep 23, 2014
spaceexp said:
I advise you both to call CIC and check what address they have in their system, since it is often different then ecas. Also, regardless of what they say they have, try and contact someone at your old address and ask them nicely to contact you if they get your PR card. It has happened a few times that CIC sent the card to the old address although they said they had the new one in the system.

Thanks for the concern spaceexp.
The problem is my old address is outside Canada. But when I check customer service they advise that the address is updated on 6th July.

haras

Sep 23, 2014
Please advise if I need to send now solemn declaration for PR Card not received which 90 days after landing. Canada mailing address has been given same time of our landing and updated ECAs 1st week July. Customer Service advise me wait till October 2015. That's so unacceptable.

jameswl

Feb 2, 2014
I have submit my address notification for 2 weeks. But the ECAS address is still the old address. Is it normal? How long usually will the ECAS address change after you submit the address notification?

haras

Sep 23, 2014
jameswl said:
I have submit my address notification for 2 weeks. But the ECAS address is still the old address. Is it normal? How long usually will the ECAS address change after you submit the address notification?
When did you land? I have the same issue as yours. My Canada address is still not updated.

spaceexp

Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna-->Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
received by CIC 12-03-2014
AOR Received.
10-04-2014
File Transfer...
01-05-2014
Med's Done....
03-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-11-2014 (IP 18-11-2014, mailed 03-12-2014)
VISA ISSUED...
30-12-2014 , then again 13-02-2015 (DM 03-01-2015, PP&CoPR received 06-01-2015, returned to Ottawa because of a mistake, received again on 16-02-2015)
LANDED..........
16-02-2015
haras said:
Thanks for the concern spaceexp.
The problem is my old address is outside Canada. But when I check customer service they advise that the address is updated on 6th July.
I wouldn't worry about that part, they will never send a card to an address outside of Canada.

haras said:
Please advise if I need to send now solemn declaration for PR Card not received which 90 days after landing. Canada mailing address has been given same time of our landing and updated ECAs 1st week July. Customer Service advise me wait till October 2015. That's so unacceptable.

I am sorry, I cannot give you an advice about this, since it hadn't happened to me and I am not sure how it works. If you do make a solemn declaration, you will have to wait another 3 months for a new card to be produced. Why don't you call once or twice more and try to get different agents, to see what will they say?

Probably another members of the forum will be able to help you.

jameswl said:
Why don't you try reading back on this thread what me and other people posted in the last day or two. The same question has been asked at least 3 times on this page alone.

Captain_Prince

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
spaceexp said:
I can, probably you think it's the same thing (read my signature line :mad: ). It has happened before that Canadapost loses mail, even Xpresspost one. Unfortunately CIC is very relaxed about PR cards and they use regular mail. I will never understand this, and how come they are not worried about PR cards lost in mail being misused. I would imagine someone stealing them or something (criminals, illegal immigrants, etc).

I really hope although it was mailed the same day, it just got into two "batches" and your spouse will get their this week. Good luck!

PR card process starts automatically. I didn't really see those posts about the process not being initiated (I believe you though), so I think those cases are rare. When you call to confirm the address they will surely tell you if the card is not being processes.

Most people actually have problems with address change. Make sure you call in 10 days, like traxton said, and then in a month again, and again, and every time you call confirm which address they have.

I advise this because sometimes they send PR card to the old address although they have the new address in the system. Maybe try to have someone at the old address contact you in case this happens?

Also, sometimes (I think this happened to a whole bunch of people a few months ago), they lose the address in the system completely.

Ecas will probably not show anything about the PR card. Sometimes the new section appears, but that is only for a very small percentage of applicants.

Thanks alot for the input, well when I called the CIC support the agent said there is no way he can check the processing of PR card until the processing time duration 84 days has passed they will only check after 84 days and respond to my query. I asked him multiple times if there is any way he can only confirm my PR card process has started and he replied there is no way for doing that. I am not sure whether they can check this or not.

Regards,

Captain

physioalberta

Apr 14, 2015
Hello,

I landed Apr 25th in Coutts, phoned CIC this morning and they told me my card was mailed out yesterday, he estimated it takes about a week to get to me (but it is canada post so who knows)

spaceexp

Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna-->Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
received by CIC 12-03-2014
AOR Received.
10-04-2014
File Transfer...
01-05-2014
Med's Done....
03-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-11-2014 (IP 18-11-2014, mailed 03-12-2014)
VISA ISSUED...
30-12-2014 , then again 13-02-2015 (DM 03-01-2015, PP&CoPR received 06-01-2015, returned to Ottawa because of a mistake, received again on 16-02-2015)
LANDED..........
16-02-2015
Captain_Prince said:
Thanks alot for the input, well when I called the CIC support the agent said there is no way he can check the processing of PR card until the processing time duration 84 days has passed they will only check after 84 days and respond to my query. I asked him multiple times if there is any way he can only confirm my PR card process has started and he replied there is no way for doing that. I am not sure whether they can check this or not.

Regards,

Captain
That is their policy, not to check until the posted time has passed, although some of them even mention 2 weeks after the posted time. As I said, I didn't see anyone complaining about the PR card not being processed, at least not on this thread, so it must be rare. I wouldn't worrh about it. The address issue is more likely to happen.

Gravity

May 18, 2010
I landed 8 weeks back . not yet received PR card . I have only one Q? what if the emergency situation arrives? I hv my niece wedding in USA . whole of my family/friends are there EXCEPT me. be coz I hv no PR Card. I have tears in my eyes . I canot leave ca. tried to email/calls CIC but no use.

physioalberta

Apr 14, 2015
Gravity said:
I landed 8 weeks back . not yet received PR card . I have only one Q? what if the emergency situation arrives? I hv my niece wedding in USA . whole of my family/friends are there EXCEPT me. be coz I hv no PR Card. I have tears in my eyes . I canot leave ca. tried to email/calls CIC but no use.
You could drive down using personal vehicle, only need COPR to return to canada, with commercial transportation you need PR card, which will take upwards of 3 months to get

Captain_Prince

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
spaceexp said:
That is their policy, not to check until the posted time has passed, although some of them even mention 2 weeks after the posted time. As I said, I didn't see anyone complaining about the PR card not being processed, at least not on this thread, so it must be rare. I wouldn't worrh about it. The address issue is more likely to happen.
Thank you Spaceexp +1 for you :)

karankullar

Jul 11, 2012
Surrey, BC
Gravity said:
It is very simple entering with a CoPR alone. I went to the border today to make sure since I am leaving Canada too and they said it is NOT going to be a problem at all to enter Canada with only your CoPR. Have fun buddy.

karankullar

Jul 11, 2012
Surrey, BC
cupcakes said:
Putting this up here...I need to travel to the US on an urgent business trip soon that cannot be avoided. However, I still do not have my PR card, only have CoPR (I'm not from a visa-waiver country).

Has anyone rented a car at Buffalo airport and driven back to Toronto through the Niagara Falls border? Any issues at all?? Looks like everyone here is saying a "personal" car is okay, but what if it's a rental car? Can there also be a one-way drop-off, so I can drop off the car in Toronto airport or something? This is very urgent, so really appreciate any pointers...
I have entered Canada on a rental car and they didn't even ask me if the car was rental or not. Although I was just entering on a work permit at that time. However, I am planning to go to India via United States because I don't have my PR card and I am going to drive in my car to Seattle. Park it there at a rental parking spot for 2 months and then come back to Seattle and drive back in my own car. It is cheaper and safer that way. So what I am saying is: Drive in your own car. Find a parking place off kijiji or craigslist and that way you can just drive back in your own car. Hope it helps. Good luck.

PS I have old car so I am not too worried about it. I would make sure to find a safe spot if I had a good car.