+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR Card after landing - add your case here

natk

Star Member
Nov 7, 2014
Category........
CEC
rowling said:
You can call now....and pls let me know the results...
I called cic today because my 72 days of process time has now passed and the woman I spoke to said that my card will be likely "processed in 2 weeks or so" and that I just "missed the last batch of cards done". I think she said that they had issued cards up until the 10th of April and I landed on April 11.

She also said postage time should only be 5-7 days if you're getting it mailed to an address in Canada, not 6 weeks, as I read on another post. I wouldn't be surprised if the processing time gets even higher - she acknowledged that there were delays. She was pretty nice and understanding with it all.

maxmoore

Feb 22, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
05-04-2015
Landed on April 5th and called CIC today. They told me that my card is scheduled for production on July 2nd. I'm about to explode out of frustration.

allanew

Mar 3, 2015
thanks for sharing.

sk13 said:
Guys, finally got the PR card. 8)

Landing date: April 7th 2015

Card Mailed on : June 16th 2015

Got the card in mail: June 22nd 2015

I am in US, but I gave my friend address. So he got it yesterday. All the best others.

kenkirin

Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
File Transfer...
21-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2015
LANDED..........
04-05-2015
Can any tell again, what number should we dial to check the PR status please?

Thank you,
Kenkirin

Canadiian

Star Member
Apr 25, 2014
We received the cards on Monday... June 22.
They were mailed on June 17. I have landed on April 1.
Am posting this, just to give an idea to everyone else here...

Thanks,
Canadiian

maxmoore said:
Landed on April 5th and called CIC today. They told me that my card is scheduled for production on July 2nd. I'm about to explode out of frustration.

allanew

Mar 3, 2015
Today is the 74th day since I landed. Called cic again, and was told "production of cards" was approved. It will take another 1 month or 2 for me to receive the card, I guess. well, my flight will take off tomorrow, and I don't believe the consulate at the other country will be able to process my "travel doc" application within 2 weeks unless their blood is not the cic type, viscous and slow.

I will have to try the following way to re-enter Canada, please let me know if you think it may or may not work.

I have a valid US tourist visa, and I'm from a country that is on the 'transit" program list (no transit visa required if making a same-day connection to the US). So, I will fly to YYZ and then connect to Buffalo. Of course I will need to cancel my connection from YYZ to the city where I live. In Buffalo, I will rent a car and drive to Toronto, and fly from YYZ to my city.

Please share how risky this plan could be, thanks bro.

micki

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
allanew said:
Today is the 74th day since I landed. Called cic again, and was told "production of cards" was approved. It will take another 1 month or 2 for me to receive the card, I guess. well, my flight will take off tomorrow, and I don't believe the consulate at the other country will be able to process my "travel doc" application within 2 weeks unless their blood is not the cic type, viscous and slow.

I will have to try the following way to re-enter Canada, please let me know if you think it may or may not work.

I have a valid US tourist visa, and I'm from a country that is on the 'transit" program list (no transit visa required if making a same-day connection to the US). So, I will fly to YYZ and then connect to Buffalo. Of course I will need to cancel my connection from YYZ to the city where I live. In Buffalo, I will rent a car and drive to Toronto, and fly from YYZ to my city.

allanew said:

Do you guys think CIC's system is so precise and sophisticated as to give them information if the card "is in production", "has been mailed out" etc? I assume that when we are making the calls and asking specific questions we are given random answers.

spaceexp

Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna-->Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
received by CIC 12-03-2014
AOR Received.
10-04-2014
File Transfer...
01-05-2014
Med's Done....
03-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-11-2014 (IP 18-11-2014, mailed 03-12-2014)
VISA ISSUED...
30-12-2014 , then again 13-02-2015 (DM 03-01-2015, PP&CoPR received 06-01-2015, returned to Ottawa because of a mistake, received again on 16-02-2015)
LANDED..........
16-02-2015
allanew said:

I am not sure I understood your plan completely, but your ONLY way to re-enter Canada after landing without your PR card is with a commercial vehicle from US - so, to fly to an US airport and then to drive to Canada (rent-a-car or a private vehicle, they don't care). Since I understand you have a US visa, and plan to drive to Canada, seems to me you got it right ;D

allanew

Mar 3, 2015
I will test this plan and let you guys know how it goes after I get back.

spaceexp said:
I am not sure I understood your plan completely, but your ONLY way to re-enter Canada after landing without your PR card is with a commercial vehicle from US - so, to fly to an US airport and then to drive to Canada (rent-a-car or a private vehicle, they don't care). Since I understand you have a US visa, and plan to drive to Canada, seems to me you got it right ;D

herpderp

Jun 25, 2015
allanew said:
I will test this plan and let you guys know how it goes after I get back.
Just did this last weekend. Had no problems flying out of Canada. Coming back in, I had to drive a Budget rental car over the border. You just need your CoPR and Passport to cross. You can't cross the border on a bus or any other commercial transport.

traxton

Star Member
Apr 24, 2013
PR Card processing time has now increased to 76 calendar days. What did I say, every week they add more days to it. WTF

Diaboluce

Jul 18, 2012
Visa Office......
Sydeny, NS
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
Nomination.....
05-03-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2014
Med's Request
15-04-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2014
Passport Req..
13-02-2015
LANDED..........
18-04-2015
traxton said:
PR Card processing time has now increased to 76 calendar days. What did I say, every week they add more days to it. WTF
this is the stupidest work flow I have ever seen for a group of human can do or an organization that are actually getting paid :p

rowling

Jun 11, 2015
traxton said:

It was 43 days when I landed....Hope I can get my card this year.