Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-04-2021
What time did you call CIC ?? We can't seem to get through past the waiting time to be able to speak to an agent personally. Really frustrating.
In my case, I called them several times and if I selected English i waited 30mins + and my phone would just hang up... but once for the sake of it I chose French (I m French so there s that) and I could finally talk to someone after 20mins. But they were not terribly useful. They said the card was sent on Sep 4th according to their file but my profile has 2 addresses and he couldn't tell me to which of those addresses they sent it, they were still experiencing IT issues (that was Friday). One address is my home address, which I gave during the landing, the other is the address of the lawyer who helped me (company sponsor) but they havent received anything either.
The guy on the phone did say though that on average it takes 7-10days but it might be more... Will keep you posted when I eventually receive it (hopefully soon).

It s a bit frustrating to see everything on the cic site (PR card number, expiry date etc...) but not have the actual card itself.

Reactions: andy1011
Sep 7, 2018
In my case, I called them several times and if I selected English i waited 30mins + and my phone would just hang up... but once for the sake of it I chose French (I m French so there s that) and I could finally talk to someone after 20mins. But they were not terribly useful. They said the card was sent on Sep 4th according to their file but my profile has 2 addresses and he couldn't tell me to which of those addresses they sent it, they were still experiencing IT issues (that was Friday). One address is my home address, which I gave during the landing, the other is the address of the lawyer who helped me (company sponsor) but they havent received anything either.
The guy on the phone did say though that on average it takes 7-10days but it might be more... Will keep you posted when I eventually receive it (hopefully soon).

It s a bit frustrating to see everything on the cic site (PR card number, expiry date etc...) but not have the actual card itself.
Thanks for updating. Will keep trying.

raj_modi13

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
There was no email. I login everyday to check and this was the one and only change on the account listed under "Current Status". Yesterday it was "Submitted". Today it's "Application/profile updated".
Were you in Canada when you submitted your documents?

Ro8er

Sep 20, 2018
Hi guys, I landed in Toronto on Aug 5th,2018
any same cases? did any of you guys get update, approved, even the card yet ?

Read it on CIC page and news saying there might be high chance Canada Post on strike starting Sept 26th, they are currently still in labour negotiations... that's pretty bad news since I need to travel soon but I have to wait for my card before I leave Canada...

OTW5074

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-04-2021
Hi guys, I landed in Toronto on Aug 5th,2018
any same cases? did any of you guys get update, approved, even the card yet ?

Read it on CIC page and news saying there might be high chance Canada Post on strike starting Sept 26th, they are currently still in labour negotiations... that's pretty bad news since I need to travel soon but I have to wait for my card before I leave Canada...
landed juky 17th (ottawa CIC office). Approved Sep 4th, card sent Sept 4th, still waiting for it :( Hopefully it ll be faster for you!

Ro8er

Sep 20, 2018
landed juky 17th (ottawa CIC office). Approved Sep 4th, card sent Sept 4th, still waiting for it :( Hopefully it ll be faster for you!
thank you ! but really? card sent Sept 4th and now you still dont get it ?! that's definitely not good news....

OTW5074

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-04-2021
thank you ! but really? card sent Sept 4th and now you still dont get it ?! that's definitely not good news....
yeah... when I called them though they didnt seem very surprised, which isnt great. Not having a tracking number for that mail is frustrating, like may be it s in Ottawa and I ll get it today, or may be they lost it, or may be next week, impossible to know, it is somewhat stressful. Has yours been approved yet?

Ro8er

Sep 20, 2018
yeah... when I called them though they didnt seem very surprised, which isnt great. Not having a tracking number for that mail is frustrating, like may be it s in Ottawa and I ll get it today, or may be they lost it, or may be next week, impossible to know, it is somewhat stressful. Has yours been approved yet?
no not yet... nothing so far, only ghost update

Ro8er

Sep 20, 2018
Hi did you get your card by now ??

OTW5074

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-04-2021
Hi did you get your card by now ??
still nothing, I think they may have lost it oO
But I talked to one of my colleagues who became a PR two years ago and his card took 4 weeks to arrive. So here's hoping...
how about you?

Ro8er

Sep 20, 2018
still nothing, I think they may have lost it oO
But I talked to one of my colleagues who became a PR two years ago and his card took 4 weeks to arrive. So here's hoping...
how about you?
sorry to hear that, well my status got updated yesterday and finally it's approved! I guess the card will arrive on coming Monday or Tuesday, I will update later