+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR Card after landing - add your case here

Shikleo

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
Hi everyone, I am planning to go sumas abbasfort border to activate my pr status copr. Do flagpole.
Any one from this forum did theirs at this border ? Is yes please tell me How was ur experience? Any help/advice is appreciated thank you

Planning to go on Thursday after 9am.

shahinsurti

Jul 6, 2017
Hi Everyone,

Apologies in advance if my query is repetitive.

Landed: 28th May 2018 (along with wife and daughter) and applied for PR Card on the same day
Wife and daughter received PR Card on 4th August 2018

Linked my PR Application to my CIC account today (26th Aug 2018) and saw that my status is "processing" whereas my wife and daughter status is "approved"

Its well past 62 days processing time I have not received any photo request as well.

Meanwhile, I had to leave Canada to return to UAE due to some pending commitments.

My query is as follows:
1) How do I follow up on my application with CIC, given that I am currently outside Canada?

2) If I do receive a photo request, do I need to submit the photograph physically or upload the same? And can this be done by a nominee or I have to visit Canada personally?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Regards,
Shahin

GhostGirl

Aug 8, 2018
1) How do I follow up on my application with CIC, given that I am currently outside Canada?

2) If I do receive a photo request, do I need to submit the photograph physically or upload the same? And can this be done by a nominee or I have to visit Canada personally?
1) 0016139444000
2) Physically by mailing it to the address specified in the photo request email

cpatnala

Aug 10, 2017
Hi Guys,

Please help me out. Recently I have landed into Canada on Jul 23, 2018 and I have stayed in Canada until Aug 09, 2018. Currently I am in abroad at my hometown. I have received an email to submit the photographs to process my PR Card. If I took the photos in abroad. The CIC Processing centre will know that I have left CANADA. Moreover if I send the photos to Sydney Canada. There will be any more queries will arise. Why did you left the country. Please help me out. I am very stressed out with this matter. Please reply guys.. awaiting for your sincere responses.

Sep 7, 2018
Hi,

I landed with my family on July 19, 2018. Anyone here with a similar timeline and received your PR Card ?

Linked my applications with CIC account on July 26, 2018.
The current status shows "Submitted" since that day. Its exactly 50 days today and no update....I have been trying to called the IRCC hotline but unable to go past the long waiting queues.

Could anyone suggest approximately when should I expect receiving the PR Cards ?

Also what's this "ghost update" and how do I check this on the CIC account ?

Many thanks

Last edited:

MST05

Sep 2, 2018
So you have US visa ?

]Hi Guys,

Please help me out. Recently I have landed into Canada on Jul 23, 2018 and I have stayed in Canada until Aug 09, 2018. Currently I am in abroad at my hometown. I have received an email to submit the photographs to process my PR Card. If I took the photos in abroad. The CIC Processing centre will know that I have left CANADA. Moreover if I send the photos to Sydney Canada. There will be any more queries will arise. Why did you left the country. Please help me out. I am very stressed out with this matter. Please reply guys.. awaiting for your sincere responses.[/QUOT

ec6863

Oct 6, 2017
Hey guys, today I received an email requesting photos but only for my wife.

We landed together but we only added her account to CIC. Could this be the reason why they are not requesting photos from me? I just want to make sure that we don't delay my processing only because I have not received an email.

Another way to ask this question is: if I never register with CIC will I still get an email request for photos?

Thanks everyone.

OTW5074

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-04-2021
hi Friends,
Landing itw: 17 July (Ottawa, CIC office)
Ghost update: i dont know I cant seem to be able to log in, whatever I use (including caps, no caps etc...).
I called CIC yesterday and they told me they were experiencing IT issues and they also couldnt check for me, it may or may not be fixed today, so I guess I ll just wait. I have a trip planned on Thursday next week so I hope it ll work out.

Best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: andy1011

ec6863

Oct 6, 2017
Ha quick update:

Landed: July 26th
Card sent: September 11th
Request for photos: September 11th

Both my wife and I landed that day (she was the primary applicant). this morning we received a request for photos but not for me, since I had read others stories about it been a possible mistake, I called CIC and found out that my pictures were ok and that they have sent me my card today.

Anyways, just wanted all of you to see my timeline in case anyone has a similar situation

ec6863

Oct 6, 2017
Hi,

I landed with my family on July 19, 2018. Anyone here with a similar timeline and received your PR Card ?

Linked my applications with CIC account on July 26, 2018.
The current status shows "Submitted" since that day. Its exactly 50 days today and no update....I have been trying to called the IRCC hotline but unable to go past the long waiting queues.

Could anyone suggest approximately when should I expect receiving the PR Cards ?

Also what's this "ghost update" and how do I check this on the CIC account ?

Many thanks
I laded July 26th at YVR and just had my card sent

Sep 7, 2018
Ha quick update:

Landed: July 26th
Card sent: September 11th
Request for photos: September 11th

Both my wife and I landed that day (she was the primary applicant). this morning we received a request for photos but not for me, since I had read others stories about it been a possible mistake, I called CIC and found out that my pictures were ok and that they have sent me my card today.

Anyways, just wanted all of you to see my timeline in case anyone has a similar situation
What time did you call CIC ?? We can't seem to get through past the waiting time to be able to speak to an agent personally. Really frustrating.