+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR Card after landing - add your case here

cpatnala

Aug 10, 2017
Hi Guys,

I have a question regarding the PR card. I have actually landed on July 23, 2018. But I have an emergency situation at my home country and I have left CANADA on Aug 09, 2018. Pls suggest me what do the next . Whether wait for the PR Card to be received at the Canadian Address or Apply for the PRTD. Since I am hoping that i will be receiving the PR card because at the time of landing they have took The copy of COPR along with the photo. Please help me on this my friends. Your kind reply much more appreciated.
Thank you...

GhostGirl

Aug 8, 2018
When "Approved" happens, does it only show on the online portal or do you receive an email? Can you get approved on the portal and receive an email several days later or never receive one?

Mont_Lover

Star Member
May 26, 2018
When "Approved" happens, does it only show on the online portal or do you receive an email? Can you get approved on the portal and receive an email several days later or never receive one?

see below

Landed: June 19, 2018
Ghost Update: August 8, 2018
Approved in portal : August 13, 2018
Email received: August 14, 2018
Card Received: August 15, 2018

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
Just wanted to know if the processing time on cic website 62 days does that include the mailing the card out as well? or just until it gets approved

mcaranay

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
07-26-2017
Passport Req..
09-05-2017
Just wanted to know if the processing time on cic website 62 days does that include the mailing the card out as well? or just until it gets approved
It is makes more sense to say that the mailing time is not included in the processing times.
I'm come up to this as for all applications(specifically by mail), "Processing Time" only starts when the application package arrives on IRRC mail room. Of course if it's online application, its starts when it was confined received by IRCC.

Also in general, processing time is calculated according to history data, based on how long it took an application get processed or approved. Again I believed its not including the Time it took to send the mail up to your doorstep or mailbox. If its online application, you'll get the email notification.

No written rule and the closest I can find so far is this:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=068&top=3

Reactions: Klaudia

Klaudia

Aug 13, 2018
after deciding how long I'm looking for photos I have 6 weeks since I went to canada and i am waiting for PR. Please help me why I must travel to my country on September 11th my down was July 6th

jerry777

Feb 13, 2018
Landed on July 3rd.
Photo resubmission request :Aug 20th

How long does it take to recieve next update after photos resubmission?

Do they have different queue for photo resubmission ?