+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR Card after landing - add your case here

Mumbai_Indians

Star Member
Oct 15, 2016
How were you able to link application? mine doesn't work :(
Try to search your applications using your UCI and birthplace. Write your birthplace *EXACTLY* as it appears on your passport including comma, space between your city of birth and province / state (if it is mentioned in the passport). Also don’t select to search via application number as you wouldn’t know the application number if your PR Card. You will know it once you are able to link it to your myCIC account. This is different from your Express Entry application Number so don’t use that here.

Mumbai_Indians

Star Member
Oct 15, 2016
Thanks, fingers crossed it will come by Thursday or Friday
Congratulations!
We landed on 28th Oct at the Pearson Airport. I linked PR card applications of all of us three. Now I see under the additional document field :"Additional documents you provided are being reviewed." Did you also see this before you got the notification that your PR card application has been approved? If yes, then how many did it take after additional documents under review to final decision of approving your PR card application? Thanks and congratulations once again!

Abh7shek

Jul 5, 2017
Hi All,

I did my landing in the Lansdowne thousand Islands Bridge on the 28th of Oct and no updated on cic and haven't received my card yet. A colleague of mine landed a day after in Sarnia and got the PR card last week. I'm not sure what's going on and I have a business trip coming up in a couple of weeks. Should I be worried..? Anyone landed on Lansdowne recently?

SLgirl

Dec 18, 2017
Congratulations!
We landed on 28th Oct at the Pearson Airport. I linked PR card applications of all of us three. Now I see under the additional document field :"Additional documents you provided are being reviewed." Did you also see this before you got the notification that your PR card application has been approved? If yes, then how many did it take after additional documents under review to final decision of approving your PR card application? Thanks and congratulations once again!
I didn't see that because I managed to link my profile after they had approved the card.but you should get your approval soon, all the best

Reactions: Mumbai_Indians

Abh7shek

Jul 5, 2017
I have been trying to link my PR card application online as well and its not in the system either. From reading a few replies here before me it looks like this is a common issue. I landed on 29th October at Lansdowne ( 1000 island bridge ) and no news on the card yet.

As per immitracker it looks like people from October 20 has received it already and hope to get it soon, any one else here from October landing and waiting for PR card
I landed one day before you, I was able to link my application but still application not approved. My friends who landed in Sarina on 29th have already got the PR cards. Can you please let me know when you receive your PR card.

Thanks

M4MBA

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
I did my PR via express entry. Did my landing in last week of december and officer at border said "you will get your PR card by mail". I asked her if I needed to do anything and she said 'No'. Do I still need to do this linking of application? I went into my account and couldn't see anywhere where I could link any status etc.

Please let me know if someone did their landing through express entry and what was your experience.

jman25

Jul 27, 2017
I did my PR via express entry. Did my landing in last week of december and officer at border said "you will get your PR card by mail". I asked her if I needed to do anything and she said 'No'. Do I still need to do this linking of application? I went into my account and couldn't see anywhere where I could link any status etc.

Please let me know if someone did their landing through express entry and what was your experience.
The option is there just look for "Link an existing Application". It will ask you to enter a combination of Application Number and UCI or Date of Birth and maybe place of birth. You don't have to link it if you don't want to; its necessary at all. But if you would like to receive updates on the processing of your PR card you can link it.

M4MBA

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
The option is there just look for "Link an existing Application". It will ask you to enter a combination of Application Number and UCI or Date of Birth and maybe place of birth. You don't have to link it if you don't want to; its necessary at all. But if you would like to receive updates on the processing of your PR card you can link it.
Awesome, thanks for pointing me in the right direction :) I was able to link now. It says "No messages". But at least shows correct date when it was received by them.

Last edited:
Reactions: jman25

ryanwilson

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
Hi Guys,

When i try to link my application under " Permanent Resident Card" using "Application Number and Family Name" and error pops up saying " The application Number you entered does not match the category your selected or is not valid for the transaction you are performing. I did my landing on November 14th 2017 and would like to find the status of my PR Card.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as always.

Ryan

Arnie123

Oct 16, 2017
Hi Guys,

I landed on 14th Nov. I linked mine and my family member's PR Cards to my application. They got APPROVED today. By when can I expect my PR Cards to be mailed to me? I'm in Calgary.

avishekd2010

Dec 5, 2016
Hi Guys

I did my landing on 30th Oct 2017 on Toronto Pearson airport. I have linked my application and it is showing "Additional documents you provided are being reviewed" . Has any one received their PR cards who have landed after 30th Oct ? Any idea why it is still being reviewed ?