kidbroker

Feb 18, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 1st 2016
fernandinn said:
Hi guys,

My wife and I did a flagpole in Surrey on March 2nd and, of course, haven't received our PR cards yet. My wife needs to travel back home on April the 15th and it's more than likely that we won't have received her card yet, so I wonder if anyone knows what's the procedure in such cases considering that postponing the travel isn't an option anymore. Is there a way to return to Canada being a Permanent Resident without the PR card?

Thank you!

Fernando
Hope this helps.

Permanent residents (PR) of Canada must carry and present their valid PR card or permanent resident travel document (PRTD) when boarding a flight to Canada, or travelling to Canada on any other commercial carrier. If you do not carry your PR card or PRTD, you may not be able to board your flight, train, bus or boat to Canada.
It is your responsibility to ensure that your PR card is still valid when you return from travel outside Canada, and to apply for a new PR card when your current card expires.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5445ETOC.asp

naticom

Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2016
Doc's Request.
27-07-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
AOR1 26-04-2016 AOR2 14-06-2016
File Transfer...
06-06-2016
Hey, check this post on page 502, if you're from an visa exempt country it might be okay. (if you trust the border guard...haha)

ailsaclare wrote:

I landed this weekend (March 27) - the border guard told me 6-8 weeks for the card, although I guess looking at this thread that might be optimistic :/

He asked me if I have any travel plans coming up - when I told him I needed to travel in June (back to the UK) he told me if the card hadn't arrived by then I could travel just using my COPR, as I am from a visa exempt country. However, I'm also seeing stuff on the forum that suggests that might not be so easy. Any thoughts on what to do if it gets to that stage?
fernandinn said:
Hi guys,

My wife and I did a flagpole in Surrey on March 2nd and, of course, haven't received our PR cards yet. My wife needs to travel back home on April the 15th and it's more than likely that we won't have received her card yet, so I wonder if anyone knows what's the procedure in such cases considering that postponing the travel isn't an option anymore. Is there a way to return to Canada being a Permanent Resident without the PR card?

Thank you!

Fernando

naticom

Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2016
Doc's Request.
27-07-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
AOR1 26-04-2016 AOR2 14-06-2016
File Transfer...
06-06-2016
For travelling in a private car you can definitely just bring you CoPR. It has been more than 180 days for me to travel to the US without a PR card, and this is not a problem. The only drawback is - my CoPR becomes so wrinkled like my grandma's face.

kidbroker said:
I cannot tell you 100%. But I landed at the rainbow bridge last Friday (Go to US border then come back in Canada).
After landing, I then traveled to the US again for shopping. When I returned to Canada at the rainbow bridge, the officer only ask for my signed COPR copy and I could cross border without any issue.

In terms of travelling by air, I can't guarantee it will work.

fernandinn

Feb 24, 2015
It seems we'll have to apply for a COPR as she's not from a visa exempt country. Hopefully they won't take too long to process that too, or we might end up getting both the PR card and the COPR at the same time. :)

Thank you!

kidbroker

Feb 18, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 1st 2016
naticom said:
For travelling in a private car you can definitely just bring you CoPR. It has been more than 180 days for me to travel to the US without a PR card, and this is not a problem. The only drawback is - my CoPR becomes so wrinkled like my grandma's face.
Wow :eek: :eek: :eek:!
I guess I am super lucky, I never consider the case of being denied at the Canadian border after becoming a PR.

BTW, did you get update on ecas? decision made -> complete?

bukeluke

Apr 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
Doc's Request.
30-09-2015
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
11-03-2015 (SA)
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
3-12-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-2015
LANDED..........
20-11-2015
fernandinn said:
It seems we'll have to apply for a COPR as she's not from a visa exempt country. Hopefully they won't take too long to process that too, or we might end up getting both the PR card and the COPR at the same time. :)

Thank you!
You should have CoPR if you landed. It's the paper you have to landing with

bukeluke

Apr 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
Doc's Request.
30-09-2015
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
11-03-2015 (SA)
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
3-12-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-2015
LANDED..........
20-11-2015
fernandinn said:
I'm sorry I meant to say Permanent Resident Travel Document (PRTD), not CoPR.
I heard it takes many weeks to have it and you need to apply out of Canada. If you just travelled for 1-2 weeks, not worth to have it.

fernandinn

Feb 24, 2015
bukeluke said:
I heard it takes many weeks to have it and you need to apply out of Canada. If you just travelled for 1-2 weeks, not worth to have it.
Um... But... I thought that unless you carry your PR Card with you or you are from a visa-exempt country, this is a required document to return to Canada as a Permanent Resident regardless of how many days you stay out of Canada. Maybe I have misunderstood something?

PeachCEC

Jul 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2014
AOR Received.
09-12-2014
Med's Request
Jan 20, 2016
Med's Done....
Jan 30, 2016
Passport Req..
Feb 28, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 1, 2016
LANDED..........
April 5, 2016
Hi everyone,

Sorry I have not been in the loop. I see on the website that the PR card is taking around 53 days. However, when I check the google excel, most of ppl have received theirs after waiting a lot longer.

I am travelling on June 8th so just wonder, if I can expect mine within 2 months... sigh :'(

bukeluke

Apr 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
Doc's Request.
30-09-2015
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
11-03-2015 (SA)
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
3-12-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-2015
LANDED..........
20-11-2015
PeachCEC said:
Hi everyone,

Sorry I have not been in the loop. I see on the website that the PR card is taking around 53 days. However, when I check the google excel, most of ppl have received theirs after waiting a lot longer.

I am travelling on June 8th so just wonder, if I can expect mine within 2 months... sigh :'(
The days not including 6 weeks for mailing. CIC just buy time to produce the card. Therefore please expect 53 days + 6 weeks

mirdar

Nov 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2014
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
File Transfer...
29-10-2014
Med's Done....
20-10-2014
Passport Req..
In Process: July 1st, 2015; Decision Made: Aug 14th, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Passport Request: Aug 17th, 2015
LANDED..........
Sept. 26th, 2015
Hi everyone,

My husband landed Sept 26th and still has not received his PR card. In Feb, he was requested to re-submit photos. They were received on March 3rd. Any idea when we can expect to get his PR card? Thanks!

BCserbiaNEW

Star Member
Dec 7, 2015
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 8th 2015
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
April 15th 2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
May 11th 2015
Med's Done....
January 2015
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
August 5th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 7th 2015
LANDED..........
October 11th Vancouver
mirdar said:
Hi everyone,

My husband landed Sept 26th and still has not received his PR card. In Feb, he was requested to re-submit photos. They were received on March 3rd. Any idea when we can expect to get his PR card? Thanks!
If you re-submitted photo is ok your PRC should be already mailed out , and you should expected this week.
CIC recived my re-submitted photos on March 4th and they mailed out my PRC on March 28th .
Just call cic they should look in your app now and hopefully confirm that card is mailed out !
Good luck

BCserbiaNEW

Star Member
Dec 7, 2015
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 8th 2015
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
April 15th 2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
May 11th 2015
Med's Done....
January 2015
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
August 5th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 7th 2015
LANDED..........
October 11th Vancouver
PeachCEC said:
Hi everyone,

If photos are ok etc you should received your PRC by June

Leodoc

Star Member
Jan 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alinazakat said:
Ok thanks for the replies.

For the question 2): Yes, we did get a signed carbon copy of the COPR and she asked us to sign it as well which we did in front of her.

Your reply also suggests that those who don't have their PRs applied (even though they are considered landed) will not get any signed copy of COPR, correct?

Regards
Ali
They don't give you carbon copy of CoPR. When a Permanent Residence visa is issued, they give you two printouts of CoPR for each passport. One print out has applicant's photo while the other one is without the photo but similar information about the applicant. The one with the photo is kept by the immigration or Border Security officer. The one without the photo is signed by the applicant and the officer - this now becomes your "signed CoPR" and a proof that the applicant has became a permanent resident.
I didn't quite get your question Ali. What do you mean by PRs?