Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-2015
LANDED..........
20-11-2015
naticom said:
Still no letter today :(.
Where do you guys live? I live in Surrey BC.
As there were easter holiday, you shoukd receive next week. Sending to BC around 1 week

alinazakat

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
17-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Skipped...
Passport Req..
Waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting...
Hi All
I have two important questions regarding the PR card. We landed in Canada a week back and we are here for around three week. At the airport, we told the officer (honestly) that we will be leaving Canada in 3 weeks time. On which, she told us that this is not the preferred way and they encourage people to stay till the newcomer gets his PR card. If the PR card will be issued then we will have to come to Canada to pick it up as it is not legal to post it outside Canada.

Eventually, she had written our address and gave us the copy of the COPR and she kept one copy with our pictures on it. I, later on, checked my status on ECAS and there is no update except the last status "Decision Made".

Questions:
1) Do we get updates of initial PR card on ECAS.
2) We presumed that our PR card has been applied. Though, she did not ask us to fill anything additional except filling COPR and getting it signed. She did not ask for any additional photos. There was one picture on the COPR copy which she kept to herself.

Regard
Ali

bukeluke

Apr 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
Doc's Request.
30-09-2015
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
11-03-2015 (SA)
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
3-12-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-2015
LANDED..........
20-11-2015
alinazakat said:
Hi All
I have two important questions regarding the PR card. We landed in Canada a week back and we are here for around three week. At the airport, we told the officer (honestly) that we will be leaving Canada in 3 weeks time. On which, she told us that this is not the preferred way and they encourage people to stay till the newcomer gets his PR card. If the PR card will be issued then we will have to come to Canada to pick it up as it is not legal to post it outside Canada.

Eventually, she had written our address and gave us the copy of the COPR and she kept one copy with our pictures on it. I, later on, checked my status on ECAS and there is no update except the last status "Decision Made".

Questions:
2) We presumed that our PR card has been applied. Though, she did not ask us to fill anything additional except filling COPR and getting it signed. She did not ask for any additional photos. There was one picture on the COPR copy which she kept to herself.

Regard
Ali
1) no status shown about PR card but status completed some time later
2). The photo they will use is the one you sent when you applied for immigration

Leodoc

Star Member
Jan 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kiranmayi said:
Could you please make me understand here, if the ECAS status is updated means they prinnted your card and mailed it to you? or started processing?
Processing of PR Card involves many steps between the boarder agency officer entering the data, to quality checks, verification, sending the card for printing, printing, and lastly mailing out to the applicant. ECAS does not follow or update itself on these steps. For some applicants, their home address on ECAS changes to the one they provide at landing, for others it does not change. Sometimes, it does not change at all.

Simply put, ECAS status is not an accurate way of following your application, especially steps inside the processing centre.

I would say, keep calm and wait until average processing time is completed. If in doubt, you can always call CIC call centre, but they usually do not enter your file within the average processing times.

Best of luck.

Leodoc

Star Member
Jan 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alinazakat said:
Hi All

Questions:

Regard
Ali

Answers:
Yes, sometimes you do. I got the address changed to the one I gave at landing. That happened after a week of landing. Then, after a four weeks or so, the status changed to "Completed". I received PR Card after a month of that. For some people, the ECAS shows no change or indication of processing.

If you get a signed copy of CoPR, you're good. There is no separate application needed for PR Card.

Leodoc

Star Member
Jan 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mani754 said:
hello guys..guide me pls...i got letter for photo retake and ask to send new photos at below adress by mail--
CPC Permanent resident card
PO box 4500
sydney nova scotia
B1P6L1
presently i am in india, can i send my photos by courier to this adress from india or is it mandatory to send it via mail from within canada??? is there any other adress for couriers. pls rpl soon i shall be very thankful to you....
Their address for courier is:
Case Processing Centre – PR Card
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2

You can follow this link to know more:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5445ETOC.asp

hussy74

Dec 15, 2014
Applied for PR 20 Nov 2014.
Landed on January 31, 2016 at Surrey (Peace Arc) Border.
CIC Agent informed us that PR card was mailed out on March 28, 2016
PR Card for spouse received at Lawyer (as lawyers address was given on wife's file) on April 1st, 2016.
I am still waiting for my PR card.

naticom

Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2016
Doc's Request.
27-07-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
AOR1 26-04-2016 AOR2 14-06-2016
File Transfer...
06-06-2016
Congrats! That's very fast :eek:
Why my card was dispatched on 22 March but I haven't got it. I also live in Surrey ???
hussy74 said:
Applied for PR 20 Nov 2014.
Landed on January 31, 2016 at Surrey (Peace Arc) Border.
CIC Agent informed us that PR card was mailed out on March 28, 2016
PR Card for spouse received at Lawyer (as lawyers address was given on wife's file) on April 1st, 2016.
I am still waiting for my PR card.

hussy74

Dec 15, 2014
naticom said:
Congrats! That's very fast :eek:
Why my card was dispatched on 22 March but I haven't got it. I also live in Surrey ???
BTW, I live in Calgary, Alberta. My spouses' card was sent to my lawyer in Calgary. But mine has not yet been received in Edmonton at my mailing address. I hope my card reaches today.

alinazakat

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
17-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Skipped...
Passport Req..
Waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting...
Leodoc said:
Answers:
Yes, sometimes you do. I got the address changed to the one I gave at landing. That happened after a week of landing. Then, after a four weeks or so, the status changed to "Completed". I received PR Card after a month of that. For some people, the ECAS shows no change or indication of processing.

If you get a signed copy of CoPR, you're good. There is no separate application needed for PR Card.
Ok thanks for the replies.

For the question 2): Yes, we did get a signed carbon copy of the COPR and she asked us to sign it as well which we did in front of her.

Your reply also suggests that those who don't have their PRs applied (even though they are considered landed) will not get any signed copy of COPR, correct?

Regards
Ali

andywendy

Oct 4, 2015
Hi guys ,

Landed nov 14th . New photo request febuary 18. Sent photo on febuary 22nd . Still no pr card yet. Please any idea Best way to get a hold of the PR card processing center to find out why this is taking so long . Any advice on this would be very much appreciated

Thanks!

fernandinn

Feb 24, 2015
Hi guys,

My wife and I did a flagpole in Surrey on March 2nd and, of course, haven't received our PR cards yet. My wife needs to travel back home on April the 15th and it's more than likely that we won't have received her card yet, so I wonder if anyone knows what's the procedure in such cases considering that postponing the travel isn't an option anymore. Is there a way to return to Canada being a Permanent Resident without the PR card?

Thank you!

Fernando

naticom

Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2016
Doc's Request.
27-07-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
AOR1 26-04-2016 AOR2 14-06-2016
File Transfer...
06-06-2016
Did you ask CIC agent when they sent out your card?
andywendy said:
Hi guys ,

Landed nov 14th . New photo request febuary 18. Sent on febuary 22nd . Still no pr card yet. Please any idea Best way to get a hold of the PR card processing center to find out why this is taking so long . Any advice on this would be very much appreciated

Thanks!

kidbroker

Feb 18, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 1st 2016
fernandinn said:
Hi guys,

My wife and I did a flagpole in Surrey on March 2nd and, of course, haven't received our PR cards yet. My wife needs to travel back home on April the 15th and it's more than likely that we won't have received her card yet, so I wonder if anyone knows what's the procedure in such cases considering that postponing the travel isn't an option anymore. Is there a way to return to Canada being a Permanent Resident without the PR card?

Thank you!

Fernando
I cannot tell you 100%. But I landed at the rainbow bridge last Friday (Go to US border then come back in Canada).
After landing, I then traveled to the US again for shopping. When I returned to Canada at the rainbow bridge, the officer only ask for my signed COPR copy and I could cross border without any issue.

In terms of travelling by air, I can't guarantee it will work.