+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR Card after landing - add your case here

rawfile

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
karamatnajeeb said:
Thanks, feeling a bit relieved after reading your comments. Would a " SOLEMN DECLARATION" be helpful in this situation ?
As far as I know, you can re-apply for a PR card by " SOLEMN DECLARATION" ONLY after 6 weeks of issuance of your PR card by CIC and you still haven't got your card by mail.

The PR card is mailed out by CIC and you can neither track it nor the card is returned back to CIC after 6 weeks. In this case, you can give a " SOLEMN DECLARATION" and PR card will be printed and you would be charged this time.

karamatnajeeb

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
KSA
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
20-03-2014
rawfile said:
As far as I know, you can re-apply for a PR card by " SOLEMN DECLARATION" ONLY after 6 weeks of issuance of your PR card by CIC and you still haven't got your card by mail.

The PR card is mailed out by CIC and you can neither track it nor the card is returned back to CIC after 6 weeks. In this case, you can give a " SOLEMN DECLARATION" and PR card will be printed and you would be charged this time.
Please refer to the following:

This form includes the following items:

Solemn declaration concerning a lost, stolen, destroyed or never received Permanent Resident Card. (PR Card) [IMM 5451], This form is for you if you are a permanent resident who:provided your Canadian mailing address to CIC at the point of entry into Canada and have not received your Permanent Resident Card after at least six weeks.

Or Provided your Canadian mailing address to CIC sometime after entering Canada and have not received your Permanent Resident Card after at least six weeks. If you are a permanent resident, you have a maximum of 180 days to provide your Canadian address after entering the country.orPossessed a valid Permanent Resident Card that was lost, stolen or destroyed but you do not wish to reapply for a new card immediately. You can obtain a PR Card application kit from this site.

rawfile

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
karamatnajeeb said:
Please refer to the following:

This form includes the following items:

Solemn declaration concerning a lost, stolen, destroyed or never received Permanent Resident Card. (PR Card) [IMM 5451], This form is for you if you are a permanent resident who:provided your Canadian mailing address to CIC at the point of entry into Canada and have not received your Permanent Resident Card after at least six weeks.

Or Provided your Canadian mailing address to CIC sometime after entering Canada and have not received your Permanent Resident Card after at least six weeks. If you are a permanent resident, you have a maximum of 180 days to provide your Canadian address after entering the country.orPossessed a valid Permanent Resident Card that was lost, stolen or destroyed but you do not wish to reapply for a new card immediately. You can obtain a PR Card application kit from this site.
Yes. That's right. The first point above is the one I was referring to.

For the second point, I think, processing time also should be considered. It cannot be always 6 weeks. Moreover, for those who landed in March and April, processing times were at their peak.. approx 100 days! Atleast this was what I felt looking at this option while waiting for my PR card and ruled it out in my case.

Anyways, if you want to go ahead with solemn declaration, please let us know the result. :)

karamatnajeeb

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
KSA
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
20-03-2014
rawfile said:
Yes. That's right. The first point above is the one I was referring to.

For the second point, I think, processing time also should be considered. It cannot be always 6 weeks. Moreover, for those who landed in March and April, processing times were at their peak.. approx 100 days! Atleast this was what I felt looking at this option while waiting for my PR card and ruled it out in my case.

Anyways, if you want to go ahead with solemn declaration, please let us know the result. :)
I am confused mate, let me write to the lawyer who arranged our PR and see what she says. I don't want to take any action that can ccreate complications.

I will let you know upon receiving her advise.

rgk

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ccp o
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2013
Doc's Request.
15 april 2014, RCMP spouse
AOR Received.
18 November 2013
Med's Request
15 april 2014
LANDED..........
May 22 2014
Subu75 said:
Congratulations dear.
You are lucky, we are still waiting.
I landed may 22, haven't received PR Card, is normal, or i have to contact call center. Thank
Rgk

runnergirl

Jul 17, 2014
Hi everybody,
Landed on 20th of May in Montreal and waiting for my PR card.
I called CIC couple of days ago, they said there was no update on my file, but suggested to call them back if I won't receive the card by 21.07, but seems like that's impossible..

Good luck and patience to every one who's waiting :)

karamatnajeeb

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
KSA
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
20-03-2014
ceclmo777 said:
Please follow the below steps to reach CIC from outside Canada....

1. Dial 1-613-944-4000
2. It' will say something about foreign Trade. Wait for the message to complete
3. Then it'll will give you the menu options
4. Press "2" for "Immigration or Citizenship or obtaining visas to Canada"
5. Then it' will redirect the call to Immigration department
6. A music will be played until someone picks up your call

Options on IVR to reach CIC: 1,1,2

Once you reach CIC, they will ask for your full name, client ID, DOB and Country of Birth.
I find above remark on this thread on how to approach CIC when out of Canada. I tried but it didn't work. Has anyone succeeded to get through CIC from outside Canada ?.

feifei33

Feb 15, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
03-03-2013
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
02-12-2013
Med's Done....
05-12-2013
Passport Req..
17-12-2013
LANDED..........
19-04-2014
I'd like some advice about this too, because I've just got back to Europe for personal reasons, while my wife (still in Canada) received a letter stating that my photos were not conform and had to be re-taken. It says I have to come personally in their office (in Ottawa) to take the photos. But I really cannot in the near term.

perfusionist

Star Member
Aug 6, 2013
feifei33 said:
I'd like some advice about this too, because I've just got back to Europe for personal reasons, while my wife (still in Canada) received a letter stating that my photos were not conform and had to be re-taken. It says I have to come personally in their office (in Ottawa) to take the photos. But I really cannot in the near term.
Hi Feifei, where did you land? and when did your wife receive the letter?

feifei33

Feb 15, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
03-03-2013
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
02-12-2013
Med's Done....
05-12-2013
Passport Req..
17-12-2013
LANDED..........
19-04-2014
landed close to Ottawa (Lansdowne). She received it 3 days ago.

canada.msn

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2013
AOR Received.
07-Nov-2013
Pitchy said:
Hi. I landed on May 25th, received PR card today
Congrats! I too landed on 25th havent received the PR cards yet, could you confirm when was yr card printed?