+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR Card after landing - add your case here

red_apple

Mar 20, 2014
rawfile said:
122 days of wait came to an end.. Finally received my PR Card today!! just few days before my travel..yippeee on cloud nine ;D 8)

Mailed on 11 Jul 14
Received on 15 Jul 14
Expiry date on card - 10 Jul 19
Congrats man!

karamatnajeeb

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
KSA
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
20-03-2014
rawfile said:
122 days of wait came to an end.. Finally received my PR Card today!! just few days before my travel..yippeee on cloud nine ;D 8)

Mailed on 11 Jul 14
Received on 15 Jul 14
Expiry date on card - 10 Jul 19
Congratulations.

We are still awaiting PR (landed on 20th March). My son followed up again with CIC today and was told " it's under varifcation"
I really don't understand what do they mean by this and why ' varification' in some cases takes so long as almost 110 days have passed since we landed.

It's really very very frustrating.

ukulele

Jun 27, 2013
Wow this "verification" thing really scares the hell out of me.

Does it mean they check everything from the beginning again? Not that I have something to worry about, but they cannot check everything from the beginning again, can they?

:( :( :(

Mona1990

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
I called cic today. I landed on 21st may. She told me she can't see any update and she gonna send an email to processing centre and can get response in 3 month. What the heck. I am travelling for my wedding in Oct. Has any one else had same experience. Also, i have sent email for early processing and attached my flight ticket as well.

red_apple

Mar 20, 2014
ukulele said:
Wow this "verification" thing really scares the hell out of me.

Does it mean they check everything from the beginning again? Not that I have something to worry about, but they cannot check everything from the beginning again, can they?

:( :( :(
when PR card application is under verification it means they have issues with landing docs; they have to get back to the office and immigration officer who did your landing
nobody is questioning your PR status anymore. It's been granted and that's it
the reason why it takes that much is a huge backlog in verification dept
Verification dept is stuck with all other documents that they have to verify from different stages of immigration process
just hold on it's the matter of time
at least we all can travel and come back through land border between Canada and US which is a big bonus for those who havent received their cards yet

ukulele

Jun 27, 2013
red_apple said:
when PR card application is under verification it means they have issues with landing docs; they have to get back to the office and immigration officer who did your landing
Verification dept is stuck with all other documents that they have to verify from different stages of immigration process
at least we all can travel and come back through land border between Canada and US which is a big bonus for those who havent received their cards yet
Ok so they cannot say oh sorry we gave you PR but now it was under a verification and you are not a PR anymore? I hope it never happened to anyone, cuz if it did, no point if giving you PR status until you receive your card...

red_apple

Mar 20, 2014
ukulele said:
Ok so they cannot say oh sorry we gave you PR but now it was under a verification and you are not a PR anymore? I hope it never happened to anyone, cuz if it did, no point if giving you PR status until you receive your card...
dont panic ;)
trust me if they granted you PR status it's legit.
they have been checking your permanent resident application for a year from different perspectives; they performed all different kind of verifications before giving you a PR status.
sooner or later we all receive our plastic cards
i know it's frustrating to hear that your docs are under verification but there's nothing we can do about at.
people who work there - they are humans; they are overloaded with work.
you just landed! so enjoy your PR life and dont think too much! your PR card will come on time!

PRWait10

May 1, 2014
Hi seniors

I have a question, with regard to PR.

I have landed recently as a permanent resident on 12 July. CBSA officer said now a days PR card usually comes in 7 to 9 months, as per CIC website it says new permanent resident cards processing time 34 calendar days;

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp

Can some please confirm about the time line, thanks very much in advance.

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
PRWait10 said:
I have landed recently as a permanent resident on 12 July. CBSA officer said now a days PR card usually comes in 7 to 9 months, as per CIC website it says new permanent resident cards processing time 34 calendar days;

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp

Can some please confirm about the time line, thanks very much in advance.
Not "months". Weeks.

The processing time for PR cards has improved recently and the 34 days is probably the right estimate for people who have just landed.

cinderella

Star Member
Apr 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney,NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2013
AOR Received.
15-10-2013
Med's Request
24-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-04-2014
Passport Req..
15-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-05-2014
LANDED..........
05-05-2014
Happy to share with you guys, we landed May 5, 2014.
We received PR card july 13 print on July 4, 2014..
Happy waiting!!!

Cinderella

Subu75

Apr 30, 2013
BC, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
8-April-2014
LANDED..........
1-May-2014
cinderella said:
Happy to share with you guys, we landed May 5, 2014.
We received PR card july 13 print on July 4, 2014..
Happy waiting!!!

Cinderella
Congratulations dear.
You are lucky, we are still waiting.

samiamazigh

Jan 25, 2014
hello there
I need some help , I got sent my AOR form Sydny ,NS , and it say if there is any change I should send it to the same visa ofice . so now I want to send the T4 & NOA for 2013 , where do you think should I send it ?? SYDNY or OTTAWA?? there is any way to do it online or just has to by mail??
Thanks for the help

karamatnajeeb

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
KSA
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
20-03-2014
red_apple said:
Thanks, feeling a bit relieved after reading your comments. Would a " SOLEMN DECLARATION" be helpful in this situation ?