+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for CAQ

ChykkiC

Nov 15, 2018
Hello,
I recently got admission in Concordia university for a Jan 2019 program. Unfortunately i have deferred my admission to Fall 2019(beginning September) due to delayed travel process (especially Caq which im still waiting for). Hopefully, if my study permit is approved in January, can i go in February to settle in??
My point is that "is it possible for me to be denied entry to Canada bcos February is too early??"
Or
Must i wait until few months to resumption before leaving for Canada??
I really need help on this asap.
Anybody . Thanks in advance.

Please which University and when did you defer because the holiday i can't reach the program coordinator through email..for i would like to do the same. As I am still waiting for the Quebec Acceptance Certificate(CAQ) and have not apply for the study permit until now while my classes start 7th January 2019.

For denial of Entry...I don't think they will if they give you a visa...bcos i believe that once you have your visa it's serves as a possible passage to somewhere....you can still contact the students forum or office of that school and make enquiries as well...

A_DULRAS

Dec 25, 2018
Please which University and when did you defer because the holiday i can't reach the program coordinator through email..for i would like to do the same. As I am still waiting for the Quebec Acceptance Certificate(CAQ) and have not apply for the study permit until now while my classes start 7th January 2019.

For denial of Entry...I don't think they will if they give you a visa...bcos i believe that once you have your visa it's serves as a possible passage to somewhere....you can still contact the students forum or office of that school and make enquiries as well...
Hey ChykkiC,
I really appreciate ur response.
My uni is Concordia university and i deferred my admission December 11. I got a response within 48hrs and my admission was deferred.
You can check your offer letter and email your Admission Officer(u will find the email in ur offer letter) asking him for a deferral of your admission.
Do that asap. Cos i think it must be done before the beginning of your program (jan 7)

ChykkiC

Nov 15, 2018
Hey ChykkiC,
My uni is Concordia university and i deferred my admission December 11. I got a response within 48hrs and my admission was deferred.
You can check your offer letter and email your Admission Officer(u will find the email in ur offer letter) asking him for a deferral of your admission.
Do that asap. Cos i think it must be done before the beginning of your program (jan 7)
Hello Duras,
Thank you for the info...I do really appreciate. My uni is also Concordia and I have tried to reach them but they have all gone for holiday. Bcos initially I thot I could get the CAQ before now....but no that was why I start nursing the idea of deferring to probably May...intake...
I have only the program coordinator's email address...and she is on vacation to resume on the 3rd...Jan.
Pls what should I do?

ChykkiC

Nov 15, 2018
Hey ChykkiC,
Hello Duras,
Thank you for the info...I do really appreciate. My uni is also Concordia and I have tried to reach them but they have all gone for holiday. Bcos initially I thot I could get the CAQ before now....but no that was why I start nursing the idea of deferring to probably May...intake...
I have only the program coordinator's email address...and she is on vacation to resume on the 3rd...Jan.
Pls what should I do?

A_DULRAS

Dec 25, 2018
Hello Duras,
Pls what should I do?
Have you checked your offer letter very well?
Your Admission Officer's email is supposed to be there. Thats the person you should email.
Since classes are starting Jan 7 and theyre resuming on 3rd..i think u can still request for a deferral.
Email your Admission Officer(you should find their email in your offer letter) asap tho so that they can work on it immediately they resume

ChykkiC

Nov 15, 2018
Hey ChykkiC,
My uni is Concordia university and i deferred my adfmission December 11. I got a response within 48hrs and my admission was deferred.
Hello Duras,
Thank you for the info....I do really appreciate. My uni is Concordia university too and I have tried to reach them but they have all gone for the holiday. Bcos initially I thot I could get the CAQ before now.... little did I know that it will take this long...for this i decided to go for the defer option. By the time I took the step to do it, they are on vacation. Even the program coordinator whose only email address I have was also on vacation to resume on 3rd Jan..(You can check your offer letter and email your Admission Officer(u will find the email in ur offer letter)/ QUOTE
Pls what should I do?

ChykkiC

Nov 15, 2018
Have you checked your offer letter very well?
Your Admission Officer's email is supposed to be there. Thats the person you should email.
Since classes are starting Jan 7 and theyre resuming on 3rd..i think u can still request for a deferral.
Email your Admission Officer(you should find their email in your offer letter) asap tho so that they can work on it immediately they resume
From the admission letter I was asked to contact my graduate program director should I have any questions or issues...and the rest is about departure, tuition fees, residence etc...that's all... There's no other email address apart from University website for one thing or the other..
Did you mention the CAQ delay in your deferral letter?

Last edited:

A_DULRAS

Dec 25, 2018
From the admission letter I was asked to contact my graduate program director should I have any questions or issues...and the rest is about departure, tuition fees, residence etc...that's all... There's no other email address apart from University website for one thing or the other..
Did you mention the CAQ delay in your deferral letter?
Okay..i think you should still email the program director asap and hope that they work on the deferral by jan 3 or 4
I didnt mention the CAQ delay tho...i just stated that my docs were being processed at the embassy.

ChykkiC

Nov 15, 2018
Okay..i think you should still email the program director asap and hope that they work on the deferral by jan 3 or 4
I didnt mention the CAQ delay tho...i just stated that my docs were being processed at the embassy.
Thanks once again...for been so helpful and kind. I am very grateful.
However, I would like to know if you're admitted into Concordia for undergraduate or post-graduate programs.

A_DULRAS

Dec 25, 2018
Thanks once again...for been so helpful and kind. I am very grateful.
However, I would like to know if you're admitted into Concordia for undergraduate or post-graduate programs.
Youre welcome,
Im admitted for an undergrad program btw

ChykkiC

Nov 15, 2018
Youre welcome,
Im admitted for an undergrad program btw
Congrats dear!
Pls may I know if you told the immigration that you have deferred your admission? Or are you still going to tell them later before they take decision to issue you the certificates? Or probably not to let them know at all...?
Pls am sorry to bug you with these questions but I just need to know pls.
Thanks so much!

A_DULRAS

Dec 25, 2018
Congrats dear!
Pls may I know if you told the immigration that you have deferred your admission? Or are you still going to tell them later before they take decision to issue you the certificates? Or probably not to let them know at all...?
Pls am sorry to bug you with these questions but I just need to know pls.
Thanks so much!
No problem at all with the questions.
Youve also been of great help to me.
I was abit confused too about that at first, but when i asked a friend, i was told that you can always update your caq.
So i intend to apply for visa with this present one and reapply for a new caq later. I really hope it works for me that way.

ChykkiC

Nov 15, 2018
No problem at all with the questions.
Youve also been of great help to me.
I was abit confused too about that at first, but when i asked a friend, i was told that you can always update your caq.
So i intend to apply for visa with this present one and reapply for a new caq later. I really hope it works for me that way.
I wish you all the very best and truly hope that it works well for you...!
Have you received your caq already?