+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitors Visa (TRV) Processing time 2016 India

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
DipT said:
  • Do I need to attach any letter explaining why we are sending our Passport to LA/NY VAC office while submitting the Passport?

• You must send emails to the relevant India visa office + the NY/LA visa offices to explain the situation and to confirm that you can submit the passport to the NY/LA CVAC

atripnc

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
AKV said:
That is great news... congrats :)
I also booked ticket for 8th May for my mother-in-law and now changed to 15th May, but still not sure if I can get TRV by that time or not, could you please some more details which office you tried etc. thanks in advance.
I think I would have the same question as to which, federal mp office did you try to contact? @AKV.

atripnc

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
cic2017 said:
I want to give an update on the application that I submitted for my newborn baby:

Applied TRV online on: March 5 2017
No response at all since then - CSEs, emails, phone calls - nothing worked.
I had no choice and the travel date was fast approaching (tickets already purchased with the confidence that the TRV should not take too much time, definitely not more than 2 months).
>>>>>>>Finally I contacted my Federal MP's office (looking at the suggestions from this forum and a suggestion from my friend) and asked them to enquire on my behalf.
I did this on April 18 2017.

>>>>>I got an update on April 20 2017 from CIC - asking for the baby's passport. The MP's office mentioned that they could not hear any reason for the delay except for the backlog of a lot of applications in New Delhi Visa office.

Could you please share which federal MP office did you contact? Was this for passport stamping in India Visa Office?
Passport submitted to VFS Bangalore on April 21 2017.
Passport delivered today(May 2 2017) with visa stamp.

Thank you to all the forum members, especially Bryanna - who is very helpful here.

AKV

Oct 15, 2013
atripnc said:
I think I would have the same question as to which, federal mp office did you try to contact? @AKV.
I sent email once to Delhi office for update, but they replied with general massage that they have huge backlog, I submitted application online and I believe its will be processed by Delhi immigration office? Should I contact to MP in Canada ?

Please help.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
AKV said:
I sent email once to Delhi office for update, but they replied with general massage that they have huge backlog, I submitted application online and I believe its will be processed by Delhi immigration office? Should I contact to MP in Canada ?

Please help.
Your MP won't be able to help. He can only check on the administrative aspect i.e. reason for the delay but he would be unable to expedite/influence the visa process

gtech92

May 2, 2017
Hi Bryanna,
as well other seniors,

kindly guide

I have applied paper based application on 13th April.
yet status showing that visa application is being processed at VAC Bangalore.

I have applied for visit visa to attend an business event & user conference whose papers was provided by my company (invitation letter & hotel booking for 21 days & etc...). the business event will start on 15th to 21st may while user conference is on first week of June and all required paper i submitted in file as guided by my travel agent.

I have some confusion regarding my file that
my travel agent has highlighted some text by marker on submitted papers moreover she wrote some text for indication regarding paper by ball pen. After submission I felt that she should use sticky note for paper indication so i'm worried about it.

please guide in this regards.

Reddy_K

Apr 29, 2017
Hi Bryanna,

I got a mail from vfshelpline stating that " We would like to inform you that your application has been processed in our office on 26 Apr 2017
You can track the status of your application through our website mentioned below using your tracking number. " but when I checked in vfs tracking it is still showing that " Visa application, tracking ID No.20170426INBOTRV**** is being processed at the Canada Visa Office, BANGALORE.To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website.
Is that the confirmation mail I got little late or my application has been reviewed by a visa officer ?

Thanks,
Kesha.

@Visitor

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Hi Bryanna,

So we had sent the passport on Monday and today when I check CIC, it says your application was approved, VFS site says passport has been couriered.

However, on top of CIC status page, it says Document : Counterfoil and Expiry : 12/22/2017 along with my passport number, so does that mean that visa has only been issued till that date?

Thanks in advance!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Visitor said:
So we had sent the passport on Monday and today when I check CIC, it says your application was approved, VFS site says passport has been couriered.

However, on top of CIC status page, it says Document : Counterfoil and Expiry : 12/22/2017 along with my passport number, so does that mean that visa has only been issued till that date?
Yes, most probably it will be a single-entry TRV too.... specifically issued for the MPNP exploratory visit.

IMO, you're lucky to be issued a TRV for an exploratory visit as most people have had repeated refusals

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
gtech92 said:
I have applied for visit visa to attend an business event & user conference whose papers was provided by my company (invitation letter & hotel booking for 21 days & etc...). the business event will start on 15th to 21st may while user conference is on first week of June and all required paper i submitted in file as guided by my travel agent.

I have some confusion regarding my file that
my travel agent has highlighted some text by marker on submitted papers moreover she wrote some text for indication regarding paper by ball pen. After submission I felt that she should use sticky note for paper indication so i'm worried about it.
It's alright to highlight text on some documents to draw the attention/highlight certain key facts. Sticky notes are fine too. Don't worry about this.

Hope you have explained your plans/evidence of who will pay for the expenses for the holiday/gap between the two business events

Reactions: gtech92

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Reddy_K said:
I got a mail from vfshelpline stating that " We would like to inform you that your application has been processed in our office on 26 Apr 2017
You can track the status of your application through our website mentioned below using your tracking number. " but when I checked in vfs tracking it is still showing that " Visa application, tracking ID No.20170426INBOTRV**** is being processed at the Canada Visa Office, BANGALORE.To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website.
Is that the confirmation mail I got little late or my application has been reviewed by a visa officer ?
Hi Kesha,

This is the first email that an applicant receives after the TRV app is submitted to VFS/CVAC. Your application is being processed i.e. no decision has been taken as yet. However, you can be sure that pre-checks/pre-assessments have been done by the visa office

Cheers

karanJ

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2013
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
04-07-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
28-02-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24/04/2014
VISA ISSUED...
14/05/2014
LANDED..........
waiting
Hi

Applied online on 18th April and received passport request on May 2nd.

@Visitor

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Bryanna said:
Yes, most probably it will be a single-entry TRV too.... specifically issued for the MPNP exploratory visit.

IMO, you're lucky to be issued a TRV for an exploratory visit as most people have had repeated refusals
okay cool! yes, we feel lucky, at least now with the explratory trip we can move forward with the mpnp-b because without this it is not possible to apply for it...

one quick question - for the future applications, in generic forms, for the question where it asks if you have been refused before, should we still answer "Yes" in future or "No" because it was approved this time (3rd time)....

Thanks again for all your help!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Visitor said:
one quick question - for the future applications, in generic forms, for the question where it asks if you have been refused before, should we still answer "Yes" in future or "No" because it was approved this time (3rd time)....
Yes, you must declare any previous visa refusals in all future visa applications for Canada/any other country