+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitors Visa (TRV) Processing time 2016 India

gtech92

May 2, 2017
Bryanna said:
It's alright to highlight text on some documents to draw the attention/highlight certain key facts. Sticky notes are fine too. Don't worry about this.

Hope you have explained your plans/evidence of who will pay for the expenses for the holiday/gap between the two business events
yes I did explain travel schedule, expenses details and assignments between gap of both events, which docs has provided by my company.
Besides I attached some evidence of exist my convenient setup in India as well my family details.
hope VAC Bangalore will respond before 15th may so i can attend the event. :)

atripnc

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Bryanna said:
Through the Web form (Case Specific Enquiry) which you have already sent
Hi Bryanna:

I recieved a message from CIC on this CSE saying "there have been no updates to your application since you last checked your account"? The webform was submitted last week. This application has been in process for than 4 weeks. Should I contact the VISA office New Delhi? I am at a loss of thoughts, should I contact them through email, or just call them?

Regards

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
atripnc said:
I recieved a message from CIC on this CSE saying "there have been no updates to your application since you last checked your account"? The webform was submitted last week. This application has been in process for than 4 weeks. Should I contact the VISA office New Delhi? I am at a loss of thoughts, should I contact them through email, or just call them?
This is a standard automated response. It is not the actual response to your CSE.

You can send an email to NDVO if that's the visa office for your state/region. You will not get any answers if you call

SC89

Aug 24, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
VISA ISSUED...
I
Ash1996 said:
I applied online April 26 an thank god i got visa for 1 year.yesterday. got ppr on may 1.
Congrats. May I know where you applied from ?

Apr 6, 2017
My Spouse applied for TRV online on Feb 16, 2017

Submitted an WebForm enquiry on March 20. 2017 requesting an status update for the applications.

The application has now been in process for 76 days and today she received an reply for the 2nd enquiry stating that the application is being processed and is currently being worked in the Visa office Bangkok.

My spouse lives in Mumbai and I thought TRV application are usually sent to the nearest visa office to be worked on, which in my spouse's case should have been Bangalore.

I don't understand why the application is in Bangkok visa office? Can someone please give me some insight into this matter and is there a phone number for the Visa office in Bangkok I can call and ask the reason why it is taking such a long time to process an TRV application?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
FRUSTRATED.ADI said:
My spouse lives in Mumbai and I thought TRV application are usually sent to the nearest visa office to be worked on, which in my spouse's case should have been Bangalore.
It would have been the Bangalore consulate if she had a paper app.

Your wife's case confirms that online apps can be processed anywhere in the CIC global network.... and not necessarily by one of the home visa offices.

is there a phone number for the Visa office in Bangkok I can call and ask the reason why it is taking such a long time to process an TRV application?
[/color]
Calling the visa office will not get you any replies. In fact, the call will not be forwarded to any visa staffer

karenr

Apr 7, 2017
My boyfriend applied online from India April 6 and we still have no news. Has anyone's had any answers who have applied around this time, it's horrible waiting...

enkarthik

Dec 19, 2014
Hello,

I'm Permanent resident of Canada. I got recently married in India and applied for my wife's TRV on March 16th 2017. I have not heard anything till now. However, I now feel that I should have Sponsored PR for my wife as the probability of getting a TRV is low for my dependent. In case I want to apply for PR and not waste anytime further waiting for TRV, Should I withdraw my TRV before applying for PR? or Is it ok to apply for PR while TRV is in progress.

Seniors/Experts, please suggest.

Thanks & Regards,
Karthik

Apr 6, 2017
Bryanna said:
It would have been the Bangalore consulate if she had a paper app.

Your wife's case confirms that online apps can be processed anywhere in the CIC global network.... and not necessarily by one of the home visa offices.

Calling the visa office will not get you any replies. In fact, the call will not be forwarded to any visa staffer
Thanks Bryanna.

I guess there is nothing I can do in regards to my spouse's TRV application at this point. I should have just applied for the TRV via paper application. I want to file a ministerial complaint but am sure that would also result in nothing so there is no point.

The best line from the reply to Webform enquiry my spouse received today was " We are pleased to confirm that your application has been located and is at the Canadian visa office in Bangkok."

They did not even know which office was working on the application and are pleased to confirm that they have located the application. WOW, I am simply blown away by this process.

My spouse's PR application is being processed right now in the New Delhi office and my wife received the AOR2 about a month and a half ago. I am hoping that she gets the request of medical soon.

May 5, 2017
I applied for my Visa on April 9. At that time processing time said 18 working days, and today is the 18th day. I planned on leaving to Canada on May 19. From this thread, it looks like until that isn't going to happen unless I am blessed with a miracle. I could push my departure dates by a maximum of two weeks. I have got a lot riding on this. I really wish they had a greater staff working considering the number of people affected.

Another I have noticed is that the applications aren't processed in chronological order, even if they don't require additional documents. I wonder why. It seems easier that way.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
enkarthik said:
I'm Permanent resident of Canada. I got recently married in India and applied for my wife's TRV on March 16th 2017. I have not heard anything till now. However, I now feel that I should have Sponsored PR for my wife as the probability of getting a TRV is low for my dependent. In case I want to apply for PR and not waste anytime further waiting for TRV, Should I withdraw my TRV before applying for PR? or Is it ok to apply for PR while TRV is in progress.
Hi Karthik,

The chances of getting a TRV if the spouse is a Canadian/PR are pretty low. This is because IRCC believes the non-resident spouse intends to come to Canada to apply for an inland PR app/overstay the visit.

You can go ahead and file for spousal PR without withdrawing the TRV application. Yes, you can apply for both visas simultaneously

Cheers