+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitors Visa (TRV) Processing time 2016 India

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
oho_livinonaprayer said:
I applied for my Visa on April 9. At that time processing time said 18 working days, and today is the 18th day. I planned on leaving to Canada on May 19. From this thread, it looks like until that isn't going to happen unless I am blessed with a miracle. I could push my departure dates by a maximum of two weeks. I have got a lot riding on this.
It's never a good idea to book tickets without having the visas stamped in the passport.

The processing time posted on the CIC website is only an estimate. It is not guaranteed processing time. Actual processing can take much longer ranging from a few days/weeks/months beyond this.

I really wish they had a greater staff working considering the number of people affected.
And, it's a privilege to be issued a visa, not a right. So, you'll have to be patient until you get a decision.

You could send a Case Specific Enquiry by the end of this week to the relevant visa office to request for an expedited decision.

Another I have noticed is that the applications aren't processed in chronological order, even if they don't require additional documents. I wonder why. It seems easier that way.
Applications are processed in a FIFO sequence (First In, First Out) until that application processing requires additional documents/background checks/medicals/interviews, etc. After that point, it would no longer seem to be following a chronological processing order

visa123

May 2, 2017
Hello

I have a general question.. I applied for my parents visit visa on Apr 02.
Got passport request for my mom on 28th april but no updates for my dad(primary applicant).
My mom's application ends E....230 and my dad's is 232.. I believe the applications are processed in the order they are received. its just 2 applications further and wondering why there is still no update for my dad. Its been one week now.

Thanks.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
visa123 said:
I have a general question.. I applied for my parents visit visa on Apr 02.
Got passport request for my mom on 28th april but no updates for my dad(primary applicant).
My mom's application ends E....230 and my dad's is 232.. I believe the applications are processed in the order they are received. its just 2 applications further and wondering why there is still no update for my dad. Its been one week now.
We don't know the internal dynamics of visa processing. For example, is your dad's application is being reviewed by the same visa officer or if any additional checks are being done.

If processing was strictly on a FIFO basis, then recent applicants would be waiting until all previous applications were decided

I'm sure your dad will get a passport request soon

enkarthik

Dec 19, 2014
Bryanna said:
Hi Karthik,

The chances of getting a TRV if the spouse is a Canadian/PR are pretty low. This is because IRCC believes the non-resident spouse intends to come to Canada to apply for an inland PR app/overstay the visit.

You can go ahead and file for spousal PR without withdrawing the TRV application. Yes, you can apply for both visas simultaneously

Cheers
Thank you Bryanna!
But Will this not delay the spousal PR when we apply for both visas simulataneously?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
enkarthik said:
Thank you Bryanna!
But Will this not delay the spousal PR when we apply for both visas simulataneously?
Not at all. Spousal PR has its own processes and timelines.... and so does a TRV.

In fact, she'll most probably get a decision for her TRV app even before you apply for her PR

visa123

May 2, 2017
Bryanna said:
We don't know the internal dynamics of visa processing. For example, is your dad's application is being reviewed by the same visa officer or if any additional checks are being done.

If processing was strictly on a FIFO basis, then recent applicants would be waiting until all previous applications were decided

I'm sure your dad will get a passport request soon
Thank you for your reply.. Hope to get it next week. will keep posted..

enkarthik

Dec 19, 2014
Bryanna said:
Not at all. Spousal PR has its own processes and timelines.... and so does a TRV.

In fact, she'll most probably get a decision for her TRV app even before you apply for her PR
Thank you once again Brynna.
I was just waiting for the status of Visitor visa all these days thinking I could apply for inland PR. But now it has been long wait and waste of time.

SC89

Aug 24, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
VISA ISSUED...
I
Hi Everyone,

Just an update. My mom just got passport request . Applied online from Canada on April 27th. Got passport request today May 05.

So happy. Hope Everyone hear good news soon.

thank you all. :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

May 5, 2017
Bryanna said:
And, it's a privilege to be issued a visa, not a right. So, you'll have to be patient until you get a decision.

You could send a Case Specific Enquiry by the end of this week to the relevant visa office to request for an expedited decision.
Hi. Thanks for the reply. Sorry for my initial post. This long wait for the Visa has been arduous , and my anxiety was getting the better of me.
Thanks for letting me know about the Case Specific Enquiry. I'll make sure it's filled and submitted on monday morning. Will post what happens. I have tried Email and fax, but I never expected that to work. Will definitely try CSE. *fingers crossed*

Apr 6, 2017
Thank you Bryanna for all your help.

Your advise is always on point. You told me that chances for my wife to get TRV approved are low as she also has a PR application in process.

This has been confirmed by the CIC today.

After waiting for 77 days for a decision on my wife TRV application yesterday I finally contacted my MP to request an update regarding the application and the reason for the delay.

My MP's office just contacted me back and informed me that the reason why the application is taking such a long time to get processed is that the application has been marked as a Non Routine file and referred for Federal review. The reason why the Application was made Non Routine file is that my wife's PR application is currently under process. There is no timeframe as to how long it takes to process Non Routine file.

At least now I know the reason for the delay in the processing of the TRV application. I thought that TRV application could either be approved or declined but now I know that CIC can also mark application as Non Routine files if the visa officer can not make a decision.

I hope that my ordeal can provide members of this group some insight into the working of CIC.

SC89

Aug 24, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
VISA ISSUED...
I
Does anyone know where my mom can send her passport ? She lives in Jalandhar, Punjab.

It doesn't say anything on the passport request letter.

Any help will be much appreciated.

thank you

manan.parikh

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2014
Doc's Request.
02-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
SC89 said:
Does anyone know where my mom can send her passport ? She lives in Jalandhar, Punjab.

Any help will be much appreciated.

thank you
Congrats!

She'll have to submit the passport at a VAC, there's one in Jalandhar

Address as follows:
Canada Visa Application Centre
Aman Plaza, 3rd Floor, 310 Lajpat Nagar,
Mahavir Marg, Nakodar Chowk
Opposite to Lovely Autos, Jalandhar-144001

CVAC Opening time: 08:00 – 17:00
Application Submission :08:00 – 16:00
Application Submission Travel Agencies : 08:00 – 11:30
Passport Collection: 08:00 – 11:00 & 16:00 – 17:00

Link: http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india/contact_us.html

atripnc

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
FRUSTRATED.ADI said:
My Spouse applied for TRV online on Feb 16, 2017

Submitted an WebForm enquiry on March 20. 2017 requesting an status update for the applications.

The application has now been in process for 76 days and today she received an reply for the 2nd enquiry stating that the application is being processed and is currently being worked in the Visa office Bangkok.

My spouse lives in Mumbai and I thought TRV application are usually sent to the nearest visa office to be worked on, which in my spouse's case should have been Bangalore.

I don't understand why the application is in Bangkok visa office? Can someone please give me some insight into this matter and is there a phone number for the Visa office in Bangkok I can call and ask the reason why it is taking such a long time to process an TRV application?
That is a seriously long ordeal. And I can empathize with you as I am in the same boat, as you :(.

atripnc

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
FRUSTRATED.ADI said:
Thank you Bryanna for all your help.

Your advise is always on point. You told me that chances for my wife to get TRV approved are low as she also has a PR application in process.

This has been confirmed by the CIC today.

After waiting for 77 days for a decision on my wife TRV application yesterday I finally contacted my MP to request an update regarding the application and the reason for the delay.

My MP's office just contacted me back and informed me that the reason why the application is taking such a long time to get processed is that the application has been marked as a Non Routine file and referred for Federal review. The reason why the Application was made Non Routine file is that my wife's PR application is currently under process. There is no timeframe as to how long it takes to process Non Routine file.

At least now I know the reason for the delay in the processing of the TRV application. I thought that TRV application could either be approved or declined but now I know that CIC can also mark application as Non Routine files if the visa officer can not make a decision.

I hope that my ordeal can provide members of this group some insight into the working of CIC.

Can I ask which MP office you have contacted @Frustrated.adi?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
SC89 said:

She must submit her passport to the Jalandhar VFS