+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitors Visa (TRV) Processing time 2016 India

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi @Bryanna ,,
Other than that when I applied for my student TRV, I got both the houses assessed by a property evaluator. He looked at all the papers and documented my parents names as the owners and caretakers of the houses while determining its net value. That worked out for me so I was wondering if we could submit something similar because it would skip the hassle of getting into the POA versus ownership question. Pl advise!
Short answer: No

It worked for your study permit because one house is owned by your father. IMO, you were pretty lucky that IRCC did not catch that the first property does not belong to your parents.

A POA is not property ownership. Your mom is not the owner of these properties even if the senior owner has passed away + the other property, your dad continues to remain the owner. So, property assessment will be a waste of money for your mom's TRV.

Your mom must submit both the POAs + 2-3 proofs that she must return to take care of the properties (although the second POA which your dad is the owner will not be a compelling reason to return as your dad can take care of that property in your mom's absence)

touristcanada

Oct 29, 2017
Hello everyone,

I applied for visitor visa online for my mother and father with my father as a principal applicant and mother as an additional family member. The visa was applied on August 31, 2017 through the same mycic account as a single application. However, 2 separate application numbers (one for mother and one for my father) were generated upon submission. Though my father's visa was approved on September 13, 2017. However, there have not been any updates on my mother's visa application. I tried to contact Immigration Office in New Delhi via email and web form, however, haven't had any luck with any response from immigration. Has anyone faced the similar situation before? If yes, can you suggest any way out to expedite the application?

sanjshet88

Star Member
Aug 21, 2017
india
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
hi everyone... any idea on the number of days it takes currently to process visitor visa to canada for indians? wat about CAN+ prog for indians? do people get visitor visa in CAN+ prog in just few days? and what are the stages we can see in our profile after we have applied?

rhukil

Jul 8, 2016

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi @Bryanna ,,

The info you provided is great and it removes a lot of the confusion we had. Last question - is it compulsory to upload the "Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada (IMM 5257)" for a TRV form for mum? Even though it says its an optional document and we've filled the "Application for Visitor Visa (Temporary Resident Visa) Made Outside of Canada (IMM5257) (required)" already. Pls advise!!!
This is the application package for India applications:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp?countrySelect=IN#applications

rhukil

Jul 8, 2016
Hi @Bryanna ,

It's a little different when you apply online. i.e. the required docs are listed as -
- IMM5257
- Travel History (required)
- Passport (required)
- Proof of Means of Financial Support (required)
-Digital photo (required)
-Purpose of Travel - Other (required)
- Family Information (IMM5645) (required)
- Proof of Relationship (required)

and the optional ones are -
- Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada (IMM 5257)
- Letter of Explanation

However, if you click on the question mark icon that expands into a brief explanation of the item it reads
- "You must provide a Schedule 1 declaration. A Schedule 1 declaration is a form with questions about your personal history. You will be asked to list information such as any affiliations with organizations and any military or government service."

If it is a "must" document why is listed under the "optional" section? Two contrary things. The web portal is not entirely clear.

mtina

Star Member
Apr 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 feb 2016
AOR Received.
17 FEB 2016
File Transfer...
03-05-2016
Med's Done....
MEDICAL PASSED
Passport Req..
01-09-2016
Hi Bryanna,
How can we apply for extension of stay for my parents TRV? How many times we can extend without exiting? Is it like stay maximum up to 1year? what all documents needed to submit? do we have to submit bank statement & property details again?

Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Bryanna,
How can we apply for extension of stay for my parents TRV? How many times we can extend without exiting? Is it like stay maximum up to 1year? what all documents needed to submit? do we have to submit bank statement & property details again?

Thanks
Hi,

Yes, you can apply to extend their visitor status on their TRVs. There's no restriction on the number of times that you can apply to extend their stay. However, sooner or later IRCC will curtain their visit or refuse the extension because your parents won't be considered as visitors.

Do use this tool to generate the document checklist.... and you can then post any specific queries:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/come-canada-tool.html

Your parents would need to go through medicals (they can wait for the medical request from IRCC)

Cheers

mtina

Star Member
Apr 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 feb 2016
AOR Received.
17 FEB 2016
File Transfer...
03-05-2016
Med's Done....
MEDICAL PASSED
Passport Req..
01-09-2016
Hi,

Yes, you can apply to extend their visitor status on their TRVs. There's no restriction on the number of times that you can apply to extend their stay. However, sooner or later IRCC will curtain their visit or refuse the extension because your parents won't be considered as visitors.

Do use this tool to generate the document checklist.... and you can then post any specific queries:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/come-canada-tool.html

Your parents would need to go through medicals (they can wait for the medical request from IRCC)

Cheers
Thanks Bryanna for your time and quick reply!!! I need few more clarification please.

As per the link We have to submit passsport, proof of financial support and digital photo with extension application. I have 2 queries with this
1. Should I submit my parents documents prooving ties to home country with this finacial support doc?
2 in the application( pdf) to extend the stay which category to be selected? there are 3 options in it;
a. extension of my temporary resident status
b. Restoration of temporary resident status as visitor
c. Initial temporary resident permit or extension of temporary resident permit.
I'm confused with these 3 options. looks similar to me. My parents TRV valid up to 2019 sept. I would like to extend their current stay for few more months?

Can apply for their super visa while they are still In Canada? or that can be applied only after they leave Canada?

Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
As per the link We have to submit passsport, proof of financial support and digital photo with extension application. I have 2 queries with this
1. Should I submit my parents documents prooving ties to home country with this finacial support doc?
No, these are documents to prove how your parents can financially support their extended stay and their return tickets i.e. your bank statements, their bank statements (if the funds can be accessed in Canada), etc

2 in the application( pdf) to extend the stay which category to be selected? there are 3 options in it;
a. extension of my temporary resident status
b. Restoration of temporary resident status as visitor
c. Initial temporary resident permit or extension of temporary resident permit.
I'm confused with these 3 options. looks similar to me. My parents TRV valid up to 2019 sept. I would like to extend their current stay for few more months?
Extension of temporary resident status as a visitor

Can apply for their super visa while they are still In Canada? or that can be applied only after they leave Canada?
Only from their home country or their country of residence

Reactions: mtina

bhkr0008

Jul 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2014
AOR Received.
AOR1 January 9 AOR2 March 3
File Transfer...
17-01-2015
Med's Done....
JUNE 2014/RE-MEDS DONE OCT 2015
Interview........
HOPE NO
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Hello,
I need help!!
Is it good to apply for TRV for parents from India online or on paper.

Live life

May 6, 2017
Hi,

I have my PR approved but have not landed in Canada.

Can I apply for TRV for my parents before landing? If possible then how to do it