CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-07-2018
AOR Received.
04-11-2018
Re: Visitors Visa (TRV) Processing time 2017 India

Bryanna said:
Your wife has not provided any evidence/reasons to return to India. For example, documents for her employment/business + property ownership/rent agreement + her financial situation + her family ties. etc.

In fact, your attorney has not even submitted the basic documents suggested in the Visa Office instructions and Document Checklist for India applications.

IMHO, she's risking a TRV refusal. I hope she gets a TRV

:eek: but Employer's attorney suggested only to send these documents.
And today morning I enquired them about dependent documents.
They said that wife's employer's documents not required since she is traveling in Visitor visa.
Is that true?
Else if it got rejected, how much time will it take to reapply?
better hope I will get TRV this time

AKV

Oct 15, 2013
delta304 said:
relax buddy. if you notice here almost 15 march guys still waiting. you are far then these guys.
As per current scenario wait atleast 3 more weeks.
Yes, I agree. some of guys applied in 2nd week of April got thier passport request on 24th april, even my friends applied got passport request in week, my mother-in-law visited before also to Canada, we have attached her property and bank details etc... I feel it all depends who got your application :mad:.

Reddy_K

Apr 29, 2017
Hi,

I've applied for TRV( for ~1month stay at my friends place ) visa on 26th April in Mumbai. Initially I filled only one application for both of us ( for me and my wife ) and in family information page included she's also travelling with me. In vfs center they asked us to fill different application forms & family information page for both. So, we prepared new application, family info doc for her. hence, didn't show any other proof of funds for her separately. I've 16kCAD in my salary account now. Both of our application filed in a single cover.
I forgot to tick the checklist IMM5484 but included that document with my file.
Vfs officer mentioned CAN+ on mine and Normal on my wife's TRV checklist form. ( I have a valid US B1/B2 visa but not traveled yet ).
What are the chances of getting our TRV accepted?

Thanks,
Kesha

MK27

Feb 14, 2013
Hi All

I am really looking my sleep over this as I applied for my parents visitor visa online on March 27 but still no update.

They did visit me in 2015 but not sure what's happening now.
Really worried as I am seeing people who applied after me are getting passport requests. Fingers crossed.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014

senthilkumarank said:
:eek: but Employer's attorney suggested only to send these documents.
And today morning I enquired them about dependent documents.
They said that wife's employer's documents not required since she is traveling in Visitor visa.
Is that true?
Unfortunately, it is quite evident that your attorney knows very little about visitor visas, including TRVs.

Else if it got rejected, how much time will it take to reapply?
better hope I will get TRV this time
You can reapply anytime - even the next day - after a TRV refusal. But do ensure you address the refusal reasons before you reapply. That means submitting new evidence/new explanations.

I hope she gets her TRV on the first attempt

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Reddy_K said:
In vfs center they asked us to fill different application forms & family information page for both. So, we prepared new application, family info doc for her.
Yes, separate application forms are necessary for each applicant.

hence, didn't show any other proof of funds for her separately. I've 16kCAD in my salary account now. Both of our application filed in a single cover.
I forgot to tick the checklist IMM5484 but included that document with my file.
Hopefully both applications will be assessed by the same visa officer. There is a possibility though that as a CAN+ application, your application will be assessed separately (and earlier) than your wife's app.

What are the chances of getting our TRV accepted?
It's not possible to guess the chances of TRV approvals. Hopefully your wife and you have both submitted evidence of other strong ties such as employment, property/rent agreement, family ties, previous travel history etc

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
MK27 said:
I am really looking my sleep over this as I applied for my parents visitor visa online on March 27 but still no update.

They did visit me in 2015 but not sure what's happening now.
Really worried as I am seeing people who applied after me are getting passport requests. Fingers crossed.
Did your parents apply under the CAN+ program? If yes, then processing would have been much faster

MK27

Feb 14, 2013
Bryanna said:
Did your parents apply under the CAN+ program? If yes, then processing would have been much faster
Hey I didn't get CAN+ program.....and wasn't even aware of that. What's that?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
MK27 said:
Hey I didn't get CAN+ program.....and wasn't even aware of that. What's that?
CAN+ allows for faster processing.... and is available to applicants of certain nationalities (including from India) if they have visited Canada/US in the last 10 years..... or if they have a valid US visa.

The application forms are the same. Only a specific request must be included for processing under CAN+

senthilkumarank

Star Member
Apr 27, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-07-2018
AOR Received.
04-11-2018

Bryanna said:
Unfortunately, it is quite evident that your attorney knows very little about visitor visas, including TRVs.
You can reapply anytime - even the next day - after a TRV refusal. But do ensure you address the refusal reasons before you reapply. That means submitting new evidence/new explanations.

I hope she gets her TRV on the first attempt
Thanks Bryanna.. with fingers crossed ::)

Travelerinc

Apr 20, 2017
Bryanna said:
CAN+ allows for faster processing.... and is available to applicants of certain nationalities (including from India) if they have visited Canada/US in the last 10 years..... or if they have a valid US visa.

The application forms are the same. Only a specific request must be included for processing under CAN+
There is no where in the application form to be selected or to be ticked for can+ Category. I have been to Canada in 2008 and also hold a US visa. So technically I am eligible for can+. But my application has been filed normally. Also will they go through my passports as I have submitted all 3 passports including the new one. I had been to Canada in 2004 and 2008. Going through the passport will they direct the application as per can+ category?

Reddy_K

Apr 29, 2017
Bryanna said:
Yes, separate application forms are necessary for each applicant.

Hopefully both applications will be assessed by the same visa officer. There is a possibility though that as a CAN+ application, your application will be assessed separately (and earlier) than your wife's app.

It's not possible to guess the chances of TRV approvals. Hopefully your wife and you have both submitted evidence of other strong ties such as employment, property/rent agreement, family ties, previous travel history etc
Thanks for the reply Bryanna

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Travelerinc said:
There is no where in the application form to be selected or to be ticked for can+ Category. I have been to Canada in 2008 and also hold a US visa. So technically I am eligible for can+. But my application has been filed normally. Also will they go through my passports as I have submitted all 3 passports including the new one. I had been to Canada in 2004 and 2008. Going through the passport will they direct the application as per can+ category?
There are no separate applications forms for CAN+. You must request this in the cover letter. Your application has been filed for normal processing.

Your travel agent should have requested the VFS staff to submit your application under CAN+

atripnc

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Can we contact the visa offices in India to find out about the status of an application? Or is it purely through the webforms and waiting on a case status response? I have requested for an updated through the webforms?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
atripnc said:
Can we contact the visa offices in India to find out about the status of an application? Or is it purely through the webforms and waiting on a case status response? I have requested for an updated through the webforms?
You can track the status of the application through myCIC.

You won't get any additional status update following on your CSE. Instead you should've requested the visa office to let you if they require any additional documents/information to expedite making a decision