+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitors Visa (TRV) Processing time 2016 India

cic2017

Apr 5, 2017
(3) I answered "NO" to the question - did you apply for entering or remaining in Canada before? I answered so thinking that this is my first application to CIC for the baby. But actually me and my wife have already CSQ approved (Quebec Skilled worker class) as of December 2016(before the baby was born). We submitted a request to Immigration Quebec to add our baby also to the CSQ in February. It is an honest mistake - I was of the opinion that the question concerns only the baby and our status is still "workpermit". I sincerely request you to forgive this honest mistake. I am attaching the CSQ documents also to this enquiry.
Kindly consider these important points in my application
Hi Bryanna,

No application was made for the baby before. The scenario concerns only the CSQ - will this be considered misrepresentation?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
cic2017 said:
Hi Bryanna,

No application was made for the baby before. The scenario concerns only the CSQ - will this be considered misrepresentation?
No, it's not misrepresentation. Besides, you have already informed IRCC.

Here's a similar case (the only difference is the baby's parents are PRs):
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t459735.0.html

They applied mid-September, the baby's medicals were done in mid-October, passport request in December last year

cic2017

Apr 5, 2017
Bryanna said:
No, it's not misrepresentation. Besides, you have already informed IRCC.

They applied mid-September, the baby's medicals were done in mid-October, passport request in December last year
Thank you Bryanna and thank you so much for the information on another similar application! My application date is March 5 2017. No response since then - I hope I hear from them soon.

maverick85

Star Member
Sep 21, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-10-2015
Med's Done....
22-07-2015
Got passport request for my in laws just now. Submitted online application on March 18th.

twuser

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
maverick85 said:
Got passport request for my in laws just now. Submitted online application on March 18th.
Odd time of the day for an Indian office to send out an email, even an automated one. So your application was probably processed by a non-asian office.

Good luck and i am guessing the applicante nationality is Indian?

maverick85

Star Member
Sep 21, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-10-2015
Med's Done....
22-07-2015
twuser said:
Odd time of the day for an Indian office to send out an email, even an automated one. So your application was probably processed by a non-asian office.

Good luck and i am guessing the applicante nationality is Indian?
Thanks. The emails/messages for both applicants were sent at 11:16 pm IST (Apr 11). Yes, applicants are indians.

twuser

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
maverick85 said:
Thanks. The emails/messages for both applicants were sent at 11:16 pm IST (Apr 11). Yes, applicants are indians.
Did you get an email? or just an update on MyCIC account?

If an email was sent, was the email sent from a specific visa office (part of the email would probably have the office name)? or the generic CIC email address?

maverick85

Star Member
Sep 21, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-10-2015
Med's Done....
22-07-2015
twuser said:
Did you get an email? or just an update on MyCIC account?

If an email was sent, was the email sent from a specific visa office (part of the email would probably have the office name)? or the generic CIC email address?
Basically just got a message in the account. The email we got was for a new message in the account.

SGA

Star Member
Apr 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2016
Hi
My husband applied for visitor visa online, on April 11, 2017 at delhi.
Today we received a ghost email stating that the application has been updated. But on logging, I do not see any new messages or updates.
What does this mean?
TIA

aanisa

Apr 4, 2016
Dear Brianna, needed some input.
I need to apply for a TRV to visit Canada in June 2017. I had visited Canada last year in April but unfortunately the TRV expired along with my passport. SO have to reapply now. Last time, I had a very difficult time in that I applied online and waited and waited and waited without any info/ replies and finally had to fly to New Delhi (TRV was being processed there though I had applied from South India) with proofs and applications etc etc. finally managed to get it just two days before I was due to leave.
So this time, I was sure that I wanted to avoid the online application and thought will go the paper way with the New Delhi CVAC. However, I need to also travel to Australia about 2 weeks before this and have submitted an application for the Australian visa. So now if I apply on paper at VFS, will I be able to retrieve my passport for Aus visa stamping and travel when required? Does this process also take some time? and is it to be done through VFS or at the NDVO? Given my experience last time, I am very reluctant to apply online and am not expecting the TRV to be processed before my australian visa.
Also, is there an option for adding a secondary applicant on a paper application? As this time I plan to travel with my spouse.
Please let me know your opinion. Thanks very much in advance.

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
Bryanna,

Can u pls advice what supporting documents will i add for my open work permit application made within Canada?

Thanks

cic2017

Apr 5, 2017
@aanisa
Hi, I hope you get your questions answered here.

I noticed the following in your post:

aanisa said:
..... Last time, I had a very difficult time in that I applied online and waited and waited and waited without any info/ replies and finally had to fly to New Delhi (TRV was being processed there though I had applied from South India) with proofs and applications etc etc. finally managed to get it just two days before I was due to leave.
I am in a similar situation - no response to the online application I submitted for my new born baby and no replies to CSEs or emails or phone calls.

Can you please let me know whether you went to the Canadian Consulate in person in New Delhi? If yes, may I know what procedure you followed?

Thank you for your time.

twuser

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
cic2017 said:
@aanisa
Hi, I hope you get your questions answered here.

I noticed the following in your post:
I am in a similar situation - no response to the online application I submitted for my new born baby and no replies to CSEs or emails or phone calls.

Can you please let me know whether you went to the Canadian Consulate in person in New Delhi? If yes, may I know what procedure you followed?

Thank you for your time.
Another case of online applications ending up in la la land. I wonder if anybody at CIC even knows that online applications are being treated very unfairly, especially timeline wise.

I hope future applicants read my message trails and opt not to apply online. The only way you can change a system is by rejecting it.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
aanisa said:
So this time, I was sure that I wanted to avoid the online application and thought will go the paper way with the New Delhi CVAC. However, I need to also travel to Australia about 2 weeks before this and have submitted an application for the Australian visa. So now if I apply on paper at VFS, will I be able to retrieve my passport for Aus visa stamping and travel when required? Does this process also take some time? and is it to be done through VFS or at the NDVO? Given my experience last time, I am very reluctant to apply online and am not expecting the TRV to be processed before my australian visa.
Hi,

If you're submitting a paper application this time from south India then your application will be processed by the Bangalore consulate. Not by NDVO.

You can include proofs of having submitted a visa application for Australia + copies of your passport (not the actual passport itself) + if you have booked your tickets for Australia..... and in the cover letter for the Canada TRV explain your situation + mention that you will submit your passport for visa stamping/for the final decision when IRCC requests for your passport.

Do remember that if you receive a passport request when you're in Australia then you'll have to factor in time for passport transmission.... or you'll have to return to India for the visa stamping.... either way, there's only 30 days for this after the passport request.

Also, is there an option for adding a secondary applicant on a paper application? As this time I plan to travel with my spouse.
Please let me know your opinion. Thanks very much in advance.
Each applicant must apply separately. You can, however, request the VFS staff to bag both applications together so that it goes to the same visa officer

BTW as you have already traveled to Canada last year, you can apply under the CAN+ program. This means processing can be much faster