+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitors Visa (TRV) Processing time 2016 India

legalcitizen

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ravi_saff said:
Does anyone know how long does it take after the application is in progress?

Thanks,
Ravi

Visa Office: India
we submitted our (paper) application March 16 @ VFS Hyderabad and PP was dispatched April 4.

legalcitizen

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I am planning to book ticker for my mother . She needs help during transit and immigration.. any body coming from hyderabad, india to toronto this april.. please reply..

If not to toronto any destination in canada is also fine..

Thanks,

cic2017

Apr 5, 2017
Hi Bryanna & senior members,

I live with my wife in Canada on workpermit (I have a company specific one since 2010 and my wife has an open spousal workpermit since 2013-2014 since the time we got married). workpermit valid till March 2018.

We had our baby daughter in December 2016 in India - the reason being we felt helpless with no immediate family support during pregnancy - we didn't know a lot of things and my wife traveled to India to get help from immediate family during pregnancy. I joined her during delivery and again also during the time the visa application was submitted (mentioned this also in my letter of explanation).

I was hoping that I could apply a TRV for the baby and get them back here.
I applied for a TRV on March 5 2017 but till now there is no reply at all apart from the initial automated response.

I noticed the following potential problems with my application:
(1) I did *not* attach copy of my workpermits but I gave the UCI for both me and my wife.
(2) I did *not* mention the email address in the application (but I applied it online and hoping to get responses in MyCIC).
(3) this one is important - Me and My wife got our CSQ approved a week *before* our baby was born. We submitted an application to add the baby to the CSQ sometime end of February. I did not mention this in my application (not intentional) because I thought CSQ is only an initial step and I have actually not applied for PR yet. So for the baby, I answered "no" for have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada? At that time, my only thought was we never really applied for the baby to CIC.

Now I am back in Canada and called them on CIC toll free 2 days ago - they were surprised that the application was not processed till now, confirmed that the application is with Delhi Consulate and asked me to contact them. I called the Delhi Consulate - they kept the phone down asking me to wait for the visa office to contact me(did not even begin listen to the application number).

I submitted a CSE last week - till now no response for it.
I also emailed Delhi consulate and this time I also attached copies of our workpermits to the email - no response yet.

===> What could they possibly be checking for a new born baby?

This is just cruel, will not wish this even for my worst enemy and I fear I will not be able to be there for my baby in her very early development - Please what could possibly take this long?

Thank you!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
cic2017 said:
I was hoping that I could apply a TRV for the baby and get them back here.
I applied for a TRV on March 5 2017 but till now there is no reply at all apart from the initial automated response.

(1) I did *not* attach copy of my workpermits but I gave the UCI for both me and my wife.
(2) I did *not* mention the email address in the application (but I applied it online and hoping to get responses in MyCIC).
(3) this one is important - Me and My wife got our CSQ approved a week *before* our baby was born. We submitted an application to add the baby to the CSQ sometime end of February. I did not mention this in my application (not intentional) because I thought CSQ is only an initial step and I have actually not applied for PR yet. So for the baby, I answered "no" for have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada? At that time, my only thought was we never really applied for the baby to CIC.
Hi,

It could take up to 30 days to get a response to a CSE. As you've already sent all the facts/additional information, her TRV processing should start moving faster now.

I called the Delhi Consulate - they kept the phone down asking me to wait for the visa office to contact me(did not even begin listen to the application number).
Canadian visa offices will not take calls/answer queries about applications. This (the fact that the visa staff did not hear you out) was expected.

This is just cruel, will not wish this even for my worst enemy and I fear I will not be able to be there for my baby in her very early development - Please what could possibly take this long?
It's just about one month since you applied for her TRV. Processing does take time in some cases. And this happens to so many TRV applications (not just to applications of little babies of WP holders).

On the plus side: While waiting for her TRV, your baby will become a little bit more stronger before she takes the long-haul flights to Canada :)

Hope she gets her TRV soon :)

legendrock

Sep 6, 2013
twuser said:
Would you mind letting us know applicants country/state of residence? Also was it an online application or a paper based application?
I have applied for my parent visitor visa on 7 mar 2017 from india, mumbai and it was paper application and it is in process at Bangalore office

@Visitor

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Hi Bryanna and Seniors,

My brother has applied for MPNP-B program and wants to make exploratory visit to Manitoba.
He first applied in December 2016 was refused due to there was no invitation letter provided from me (I am citizen here, lives in Ontario), he just mentioned in the statement of purpose letter that he will visit me too.
Second reason they mentioned was that no invitation letter from the province of Manitoba. But we followed up on this with the province and they don't provide any invitation letter for this purpose.
Applied again with the invitation letter from me, my ITR is ~100K and one from my uncle who lives in Manitoba, but unfortunately he was refused again and there were several boxed checked, travel history, enough funds to carry out the stated purpose, legitimate purpose, etc. could you kindly suggest how to proceed now.

The purpose is very clear that is to make exploratory trip and visit me and my family.
He has established business in India and his family with 2 kids and he only applied visa for himself.
employment letter attached, last 2 years ITR, sales tax return and business account statement attached, monthly average transactions about CAD $3,000.
He has CAD $125,000 approx in bank balances.
Approx CAD $700,000 worth properties.
He has visited Thailand and Singapore in 2006 and 2005.
He requested the visa only for a month to explore the province, provided proof of itinerary and travel insurance and my uncle provided support for his accommodation.
He also provided a few meeting confirmations from province to discuss the business plan to settle in Manitoba.

Sorry for long post, as I wanted to provide as much detail as I could to help you understand the case.

Can you suggest where we might be wrong in applying?

cic2017

Apr 5, 2017
Thank you Bryanna - I was hoping to get your views on the potential problems in my application - do you see any of those potential problems to have an adverse effect? I did not mention these problems in my CSE.

Bryanna said:
It's just about one month since you applied for her TRV. Processing does take time in some cases. And this happens to so many TRV applications (not just to applications of little babies of WP holders).
I submitted the baby's Birth certificate and also my marriage certificate establishing relationship - I have done TRVs several times before and the responses have always been within a week or ten days - What I am worried about is - why is it taking longer this time and what could they be checking in this particular application?

Thank you!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
cic2017 said:
Thank you Bryanna - I was hoping to get your views on the potential problems in my application - do you see any of those potential problems to have an adverse effect? I did not mention these problems in my CSE.
1. IRCC would immediately have access (obviously) to your current status when you provided your UCI Number. Nonetheless, submitting copies of your WP will help.

2. All updates will be in your MyCIC account (nothing via email)

I had assumed that you had sent a CSE to clarify these three "potential problems", particularly that of the CSQ. If you haven't then do send another CSE.

I submitted the baby's Birth certificate and also my marriage certificate establishing relationship -
Perfect.

I have done TRVs several times before and the responses have always been within a week or ten days
You had most probably applied for TRVs from within Canada on earlier occasions. That would explain why the processing was faster.

- What I am worried about is - why is it taking longer this time and what could they be checking in this particular application?
Quite honestly, you're overthinking this one. I'm sure this is a regular TRV processing queue delay.... and there are no checks/background checks/security checks on a 4-month old baby :) :)

BTW when does your WP expire?

cic2017

Apr 5, 2017
Bryanna said:
BTW when does your WP expire?
March-2018

The automated response for CSE mentioned that they may respond (if necessary) in 10 days.
Shall I submit a CSE when another one is already in progress?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Visitor

I have come across similar TRV refusals for exploratory visits, including for the MPNP program.... as the visa officer believes the applicant(s) intends to remain long-term in Canada.

Your brother has applied twice in relatively quick succession. This doesn't help.

It's difficult to advise without knowing the actual list of documents submitted. As Singapore and Thailand are very liberal in issuing visas, these countries do not count as travel history.

Also, it would be better to apply for GCMS notes to understand the officer's observations

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
cic2017 said:
March-2018

The automated response for CSE mentioned that they may respond (if necessary) in 10 days.
Shall I submit a CSE when another one is already in progress?
Your second CSE would only be for the CSQ (it is necessary to inform IRCC). Your second CSE would not be another request to expedite the processing. So do send it

@Visitor

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Okay, Thanks for the info!

Can he or I apply for GCMS notes (is there any link you can provide)? or do we have to go to a lawyer for that?

Thanks again for your reply!

cic2017

Apr 5, 2017
Bryanna said:
Your second CSE would only be for the CSQ (it is necessary to inform IRCC). Your second CSE would not be another request to expedite the processing. So do send it
Thank you Bryanna! will do it.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Visitor said:
Can he or I apply for GCMS notes (is there any link you can provide)? or do we have to go to a lawyer for that?
You can apply for these notes on behalf of your brother. His consent is required. You don't need a lawyer.

It will take 4-5 weeks. Cost is CAD 5

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp