+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitors Visa (TRV) Processing time 2016 India

Yadhvee

Apr 13, 2017
Bryanna said:
If your parents are approved (when they are in the US) then you can submit their passports to the nearest US VAC. Your parents do not have to return to India for visa stamping
Thank you for the above information Bryanna.
In the application, we have answered YES to question 9 (Country where applying - is same as current country of residence?), use the country/territory you provided to question 7 (Current Country of Residence-Answered as India). Will it be a problem if we decide to submit the passport to NY or LA VAC?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yadhvee said:
In the application, we have answered YES to question 9 (Country where applying - is same as current country of residence?), use the country/territory you provided to question 7 (Current Country of Residence-Answered as India). Will it be a problem if we decide to submit the passport to NY or LA VAC?
There's no problem at all in submitting their passports to a US CVAC

Yadhvee

Apr 13, 2017
Bryanna said:
There's no problem at all in submitting their passports to a US CVAC
Thank you so much for clarifying things, appreciate your prompt response.
I just checked the mycic account and parents have received passport submission request :)

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
spanchal.vfx said:
Question : We applied for TRV online on 4th April and received a reply with file number on 5th April. As per the processing time of 18 Days, we thought she will get her visa before 22nd April and we booked flight for 23rd April. After Looking at the forum, i found that sometimes they go over than the processing time. This makes me worried if i have to change the flight ticket.
It's not wise to book tickets without getting a visa.

I'm completely fine with changing the flight ticket but worried about the itinerary we have submitted while applying for TRV. It would not be the same after we reschedule it. I'm afraid if it will affect on her VISA application. (if officer verify it and find the dates are changed) Does this will make the case weak??
No, it will not make her case weak. If she does not get her TRV in time (as per the flight bookings), she cannot travel. Hence, her travel plans will change.

In any case, visa officers do not make decisions based on flight bookings/family events/proposed itineraries, etc

faithsoul

Mar 16, 2009
faithsoul said:
Sure Bryanna We will try to request the passport without affecting the processing of the application.

Thank you

I have linked the paper application to Electronic for tracking. I have requested the consulate to return the passport without affecting the processing of application. How long does it take for consulate to reply ? 48 hrs ?

On Tracking the online status say "Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made."

How long does it take to move from this final decision ?

blessed_one78

Apr 14, 2017
Good day,

I applied online on April 10, 2017 and the send a message on the said day acknowledging my application, Do you think I should receive a response by July since I already purchased my tickets

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
faithsoul said:
I have linked the paper application to Electronic for tracking. I have requested the consulate to return the passport without affecting the processing of application. How long does it take for consulate to reply ? 48 hrs ?
As it is the weekend, you can expect a reply by mid-next week

On Tracking the online status say "Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made."
How long does it take to move from this final decision ?
It could take anywhere from a few hours to a few months (depending on the type of application)

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
blessed_one78 said:
I applied online on April 10, 2017 and the send a message on the said day acknowledging my application, Do you think I should receive a response by July since I already purchased my tickets
Processing could take any length of time depending on your application. Typically, yes.... you should probably get a decision way before July. However, any timeline is possible.

I would not book tickets until I have been approved for a visa

DipT

Jun 5, 2014
Hello Everyone,

I applied online for my in-laws visitor visa on March-27. I received confirmation messages after submission of my application but no further updates after that.
By going to thru few other post on this forum, it seems like its taking longer than expected timeline and many other applicants are waiting on their application approval.

Does anyone who applied in last two week of March received approval on their application?

What is the mode of contact to IRCC to request for expedite processing for online applications?

My in-laws are travelling to USA in first week of May. Considering very close timelines i would like know on below scenarios.
  • Scenario-I: If the visa approval come just 4-5 days prior to their USA travel, is it feasible to visit Canadian embassy in Delhi directly to get same day stamping? My in-laws are living in Ahmedabad and submitting their passport to Ahmedabad VFS office may take longer to process as I understand they send all the passport to Delhi embassy for stamping.
  • Scenario-II: In case their visa approval come after their USA travel, can they visit LA embassy and get same day visa processing? They already planned to visit LA during their stay in USA.

Thanks,

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
DipT said:
By going to thru few other post on this forum, it seems like its taking longer than expected timeline and many other applicants are waiting on their application approval.
Timelines posted on the IRCC website are only estimates.

What is the mode of contact to IRCC to request for expedite processing for online applications?
You can send a Case Specific Enquiry. If the CSE is sent before the estimated processing time then IRCC will not reply to the CSE

• Scenario-I: If the visa approval come just 4-5 days prior to their USA travel, is it feasible to visit Canadian embassy in Delhi directly to get same day stamping? My in-laws are living in Ahmedabad and submitting their passport to Ahmedabad VFS office may take longer to process as I understand they send all the passport to Delhi embassy for stamping.
No, same day visa stamping is not possible.

Also, they cannot submit their passports directly to NDVO, but to VFS Ahmedabad. BTW visa stamping will be done by the Bangalore consulate.

You must factor in passport transmission time of 4-10 days

• Scenario-II: In case their visa approval come after their USA travel, can they visit LA embassy and get same day visa processing? They already planned to visit LA during their stay in USA.
No, they cannot visit the LA visa office. Again, same day visa stamping is not possible. They must submit their passports to the nearest CVAC (NY/LA)

MK27

Feb 14, 2013
Singh23 said:
I applied on March 30th, hopefully we should hear something next week.

Thanks!
Hey

Did you get any reply on your file?

I am still waiting as I applied online for my parents on March 27 but no response as of now :(

Not sure whats happening out there

kssmc

Apr 13, 2017
MK27 said:
Hey

Did you get any reply on your file?

I am still waiting as I applied online for my parents on March 27 but no response as of now :(

Not sure whats happening out there
I also applied visitor visa for my parents on March 27th - No update yet

@Visitor

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
kssmc said:
I also applied visitor visa for my parents on March 27th - No update yet
applied online on 29th waiting... I believe Friday and Monday was holiday, so these two days don't count...

faithsoul

Mar 16, 2009
We applied thru paper on March 28 for my parents visa at bangalore consulate. Without knowing the processingtimelines , their original journey was scheduled to Apr 17 for USA trip. which we ended up re-scheduling to Apr 26 since the processing was completed before Apr 17.

Now we have requested to return the passports but without affecting the application process. Submitted multiple query emails to VFS , Bangalore and Delhi Consulate and even fax to Bangalore consulate.

Just today i see they have updated the status saying the passport has been couriered back to us. Should be getting them in next 2 to 3 days and my parents could travel .

Its really unfortunate that they could not get the visa on time and delay in processing time. Good Luck to everyone who is waiting on the visa.