+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitors Visa (TRV) Processing time 2016 India

twuser

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
aanisa said:
Dear Brianna, needed some input.
I need to apply for a TRV to visit Canada in June 2017. I had visited Canada last year in April but unfortunately the TRV expired along with my passport. SO have to reapply now. Last time, I had a very difficult time in that I applied online and waited and waited and waited without any info/ replies and finally had to fly to New Delhi (TRV was being processed there though I had applied from South India) with proofs and applications etc etc. finally managed to get it just two days before I was due to leave.
I know most of us are only active on the forum when applications are in process, but if you would have kindly posted this vital piece of information as a thread, you would have saved a lot of agony for online applicants like me. 72 days and not a single update and similar to your case, all CSEs ignored so far.

I have ordered notes which will arrive next week and also got my MP to send them an inquiry. Lets see what comes about from them.

Future applicants, please do not file online applications, old school agents are still stuck in old school ways of doing things I guess.

MK27

Feb 14, 2013
Hello Everyone

I am new to this forum, I am a PR and have applied for my parents visitor Visa online on March 27, and its being more than 2 weeks I haven't heard anything from them.

Parents live in India, They visited me back in 2015 and the response was quick during that time probably within 7-9 days they got a request for Passport submission. Not sure whats wrong this time.
I am loosing my sleep over this :( :(

Is there anyone who has the same experience? I have provided the same proofs what was attached in 2015.

@Visitor

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
MK27 said:
Hello Everyone

I am new to this forum, I am a PR and have applied for my parents visitor Visa online on March 27, and its being more than 2 weeks I haven't heard anything from them.

Parents live in India, They visited me back in 2015 and the response was quick during that time probably within 7-9 days they got a request for Passport submission. Not sure whats wrong this time.
I am loosing my sleep over this :( :(

Is there anyone who has the same experience? I have provided the same proofs what was attached in 2015.
I applied on 29th, still waiting... I think current timelines are 19 days (as per CIC site)...

Singh23

Star Member
Jun 21, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
05-04-2016
AOR Received.
AOR 1: 28-04-2016, AOR 2: 16-06-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
@Visitor said:
I applied on 29th, still waiting... I think current timelines are 19 days (as per CIC site)...

I applied on March 30th, hopefully we should hear something next week.

Thanks!

aanisa

Apr 4, 2016
@Bryanna
Thanks very much for your help.
I am now based in New Delhi, so will apply here.
Is CAN+ only online or can a paper application be submitted for this stream?

cic2017

Apr 5, 2017
I contacted Bangalore office at 'BAGLR-IMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca' yesterday. Was pleasantly surprised to see a response this morning - They asked me to submit a CSE at a link specific to Delhi office (first link if you search "cse delhi mission" in Google). They also copied Delhi immigration email address in their reply.
After I submitted the CSE, I didn't get any automated email so far - am a little concerned about it.
But I hope now there is a response from Delhi.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
aanisa said:
Is CAN+ only online or can a paper application be submitted for this stream?
The TRV application form is the same for CAN+. Paper submission is possible.

Do mention in the cover letter that you are applying under CAN+.... also scan the entry stamp (cover letter).... and include your previous passport. You must request the VFS staff to bag the application as a CAN+ one

Yadhvee

Apr 13, 2017
Hi Bryanna and others!

I applied for my parents visitor visa online on March 20th. Its been 25 calendar days and no updates or passport request yet. I read CIC switched from working days to calendar days for processing times.

As my parents TRV application has exceeded the normal processing time of 19 days, I submitted a case specific inquiry through IRCC web form yesterday and I received a email response with subject: ‘We are sorry that you are experiencing difficulties linking your application to your MyCIC account’ and with instructions to link the application. My understanding is that online applications don’t have to be linked as the application information is already there on the mycic account. I am not sure why I received this as a response to the status inquiry.

I am getting worried as their travel tickets to US are booked for May 17, 2017 to visit me and we plan to attend graduation ceremony in Canada on June 13th.

My question is: If their passport request comes in late or very closer to their travel date to US, would it be possible to submit their passport to a VAC in US even though in the application we mentioned that we will be applying from Chennai/India. How do I go about changing that information?

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions/comments regarding this situation.

Thank you.

faithsoul

Mar 16, 2009
Applied on Visitor Visa for my parents March 28 and its at Bangalore Consulate. Very unfortunate that the Travel date is Apr 17 2017 to US and we are in a situation to change the tickets .

Does April 14 and April 25 holidays considered has processing days ?

Is it safe to change the ticket to Apr 26 to US? what is the possibility of the visa processed and passport returned by Apr 25 before the travel ?

Could someone reply on this thread ?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
faithsoul said:
Applied on Visitor Visa for my parents March 28 and its at Bangalore Consulate. Very unfortunate that the Travel date is Apr 17 2017 to US and we are in a situation to change the tickets .
It's impossible to guess if IRCC will process your parents applications by April 25.

If your parents need their passports then you must send an email to the Bangalore consulate along with copies of their US tickets.... and request that their passports are returned immediately. You can also submit similar letters through VFS.

If your parents are approved (when they are in the US) then you can submit their passports to the nearest US VAC. Your parents do not have to return to India for visa stamping

faithsoul

Mar 16, 2009
Thanks Bryanna. Does it mean that returning the passport does not exits the processing of the application further ?

Can we just request to return the passport ?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
faithsoul said:
Thanks Bryanna. Does it mean that returning the passport does not exits the processing of the application further ?

Your letter must say that you'll return their passports at any point in time when IRCC needs it to make final decisions.

The letter to return their passports is only to allow your parents to travel to the US. TRV processing will not stop until you receive final decisions.

One other point: You can link their paper applications to their online accounts. This way you'll get all updates online including passport requests

faithsoul

Mar 16, 2009
Return of passport means exiting the application process.

Here is the reply from Delhi Consulate,

Due to exceptionally high volumes of applications, this office is unable to accommodate your request for expedited processing.

If you submitted your passport with your application and would like your passport to be returned to you immediately, please submit a formal request to withdraw your visa application from processing – the request may be in the form of an e-mail. After receiving a request to withdraw, this office will stop all processing on your application, your application will be closed, and your passport will be returned to you via the Visa Application Centre (VAC). Visa processing fees will not/not be refunded. Please allow at least one full day for the return of your passport after submitting a request to withdraw your application.

If you wish to re-apply, a new application with new processing fees will be required.

If no request to withdraw your application is received, processing of your application will continue. Your passport will be returned once an officer has made a decision on your application.

faithsoul said:

faithsoul

Mar 16, 2009
Applied by Mar 27 to 30 , did anyone get the visa approved ? Are these days considered for processing time or holidays?

faithsoul said:
Does April 14 and April 25 holidays considered has processing days ?

Could someone reply on this thread ?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
faithsoul said:
Return of passport means exiting the application process.

Here is the reply from Delhi Consulate,

Due to exceptionally high volumes of applications, this office is unable to accommodate your request for expedited processing.

If you submitted your passport with your application and would like your passport to be returned to you immediately, please submit a formal request to withdraw your visa application from processing – the request may be in the form of an e-mail. After receiving a request to withdraw, this office will stop all processing on your application, your application will be closed, and your passport will be returned to you via the Visa Application Centre (VAC). Visa processing fees will not/not be refunded. Please allow at least one full day for the return of your passport after submitting a request to withdraw your application.

If you wish to re-apply, a new application with new processing fees will be required.

If no request to withdraw your application is received, processing of your application will continue. Your passport will be returned once an officer has made a decision on your application.
There's some miscommunication in what you had requested the visa office. You probably requested for expedited TRV processing or indicated that you want to withdraw their applications. Hence, this reply.

You can request for their passports to be returned for their travel to the US. This does not mean they are withdrawing their TRV applications

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=439&top=16
Yes. The visa office where you apply may have certain instructions on how and where to submit your passport and how to get your visa. If you will need your passport for other travel while CIC is processing your application, tell the visa office. Staff will let you know what to do.