+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa GRANTED!(Wife of PR)

me447

Jun 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

Somebody plz help me guiding.. :(

Is it ok not to include income tax return.. im 4.9 years working woman.

but im submitting my 4months payslips and 6 months bank statement, leave sanction letter from my current company.

Also i wanted to know is it ok if i deposits around 2 lakhs in my account in the same month of my application ??

Guys.. please answer me and help me out with these details..

vnarayan

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
@ deedee33,

That is indeed great to hear. Always good to hear these kind of positive experiences related to immigration.

Can you please share as what kind of questions immigration officer asked you when you did the landing from inside canada rather than from outside? Did officer ask you any questions like why did you come on visitor visa? How long were you staying? etc etc

It would be good to hear from your recent experience.

Thanks.

APSRTC

Aug 17, 2015
me447 said:
Hi Guys,

Somebody plz help me guiding.. :(

Is it ok not to include income tax return.. im 4.9 years working woman.

but im submitting my 4months payslips and 6 months bank statement, leave sanction letter from my current company.

Also i wanted to know is it ok if i deposits around 2 lakhs in my account in the same month of my application ??

Guys.. please answer me and help me out with these details..
I wonder why you want to submit Income tax-Returns ??

Visitor visa granted in 2012
In my case i applied for Visitor visa in 2012 with below documents

-Approved leave copy from my employer & Payslips for three months
-bank statement for 4 months and equivalent to 10,000 CAD
-Invitation letter from my sponsor & his pay stubs
- Confirmed flight ticket

Now in 2015--- Decision made and requested me to submit passport.

-Approved leave copy from my employer & Pay slips for three months
-bank statement for 4 months and equivalent to 10,000 CAD
-Invitation letter from my sponsor & his pay stubs
- No Confirmed flight ticket-

As far as i know, it's better make it application simple and precise to VO and don't include much for confusion, just provide what they want, don't give too much or less. apply for visa before three months or two months prior to your date of journey.

me447

Jun 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@APSRTC - Thank you so much for the reply and guidance.. As you said im gonna make it simple and precise.

But is it ok if i deposit the money in my account on the same month i am applying.. im planning to to apply by September end , so is it ok if i deposit the money in my account by sept??

deedee33

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
Romania
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/QB/Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2014
AOR Received.
5 Mar 2015
File Transfer...
11 Mar 2015
Med's Done....
17 Nov 2014
Passport Req..
31 July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
TRV 26 May 2015, PR 14 AUG 2015
LANDED..........
15 AUG 2015 (flag pole landing)
@vnarayan It was a very simple process, not many questions. He asked us if we immigrated now together, I said no, my husband was here for several years and I came on visitor visa while my wife app was on role, very good that after two weeks in Canada I got confirmation, so I want to do the landing.
I had to complete my address here in Canada, a document with future goods that I plan to bring to Canada (this is if you need to bring stuff that could be taxed, I don't have too much...) he asked me how much money I have in my account (not much, but he asked also my husband, the idea was to make sure I am a able to live here), he canceled my visitor visa and PR visa on my passport and he told me I must wait for PR card for about 6-8 weeks and I can apply for health card and SIN meanwhile. He congratulated me and that was all, from what I remember. Nothing too fancy and they all know about the flag pole, so it is no problem to do the landing from within. At CIC office you must wait several weeks for an appointment.
Also he said if I plan to leave the country until I get the PR card I must announce embassy to give me some documents, mostly for the airlines, this is because they canceled the visitor visa, since I am now a resident cannot entry Canada again as a visitor. No, he didnt ask how long I was planning to stay, he saw I just came for two weeks here. Hope this helps!

@everyone: I deposit cash in my account 2-3 weeks prior applying for visitor visa. I had money in and out before too, so it was not like I had zero money and suddenly I added thousand dollars :) but the big amount yes I deposited before applying and I added the bank statements for the last six months.

Good luck everyone!

vnarayan

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
@DeeDee33,

That's good news. Great to hear!

Thanks for sharing!

It is indeed fortunate that in your case you were there only for 2 weeks and you coincidentally got your passport request at that time. My wife might come in Sep - Oct 2015 on visitor visa. I am expecting her PP request for PR visa stamping by Feb - March 2016. It can happen earlier as well but I am assuming the average processing case scenario. In this case, She would be staying for like almost 6 months till she gets PPR. My only concern is that at the time of PR landing within Canada would there be a red flag and will the officer ask like why did you stay so long etc even if we say that we wanted to stay till the PR gets processed like you mentioned.

What do you think? I hope it does not create any problems if there arises the situation where she has to stay for like 6 months.

Thanks.

APSRTC

Aug 17, 2015
me447 said:
@ APSRTC - Thank you so much for the reply and guidance.. As you said im gonna make it simple and precise.

But is it ok if i deposit the money in my account on the same month i am applying.. im planning to to apply by September end , so is it ok if i deposit the money in my account by sept??
Yeah it's oky !! show them you have 10,000 CAD in your account !!, show them that you have regular income like pay slips !!

deedee33

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
Romania
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/QB/Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2014
AOR Received.
5 Mar 2015
File Transfer...
11 Mar 2015
Med's Done....
17 Nov 2014
Passport Req..
31 July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
@vnarayan When I entered Canada on toursit visa, I also planned to stay for 6 months, I even told at the border this and when I applied for visa.
A lot of people are extending these 6 months while in Canada and meanwhile they get PR, I really don't think it's a problem, so relax. And anyway hope to get that request sooner than 6 months, but in any case read on forum too, they can give you extension after those 6 months.
All the best!

vnarayan

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
@DeeDee33,

Thanks again for letting me know. That was good to hear!

Almost with all the cases I have seen in this forum, people who have been successful in getting the visitor visa have told to do the following in the application to get the visa:

1. To book the return ticket
2. Make sure not to apply for a significant amount of time. To be on safer side, people who have got tourist visa have done application only for 1 month or 2 max which means even though nobody is planning to return after a month or 2 they are showing on application that they will return after a month or 2 and at the port of entry they have a return ticket also. So, this contradicts the information because everybody is planning to stay for 4,5, 6 or even more than that depending on when they get the passport request.

This is why I am raising these kind of concerns. I may think too much but we are just trying to be mentally prepared. Hope you get my point.

Since you have experienced the whole process, you may be the best person to guide or advise because of your experience.

Let me know.

vgugliya

Dec 27, 2014
Congrats to all who got Visitor visa. :D :D :D :D

My Spouse visa application is in process (SA approved and file trfed to New Delhi office)

I am applying for TRV for my wife and have below queries:

1. FORM # 5257E: Question 2.d of background information "Applied previously to enter or remain in Canada". Should we tick it "yes" as PR visa application is already in process?

2. It would be great if you can share the covering, declaration and invitation letters (hiding your personal information). I learned that these letters matters alot in decision making and I do not want to take any chance with my application. We both are newly married and miss alot each other.......you all can understand

Thanks in advance and good luck to all who are in same position

God bless

me447

Jun 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

I need a favor.

Can anyone share me the sample of your notarised declaration of financial letter.

PLZZZZZ !!!!!

deedee33

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
Romania
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/QB/Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2014
AOR Received.
5 Mar 2015
File Transfer...
11 Mar 2015
Med's Done....
17 Nov 2014
Passport Req..
31 July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
@vnarayan I totally understand you, I also think too much. First, I did not apply for tourist visa before marriage thinking that if they refuse me, they will say I married just to get somehow a visa to Canada. After marriage, I didn't apply right away for tourist visa thinking they might say why I am in such hurry and I also thought it is almost impossible to get one, considering I didn't had too many ties to my home country. I don't own a house, for example, nor huge amount of money. I advice you to try. You can lose the money for the application (translations, notarized copies, documents, courier, visa tax etc might be few hundreds), some nerves and hope, but you can win too, I say it's worth to give a try, especially because it doesn't take too long to get the answer!

1. I know everyone had return ticket too, but I did not bought any ticket. I simply went on Lufthansa site, pretend that I buy tickets (round way) for 3 months, and before checkout, I printed the page and sent that as my travel itinerary. I wanted to buy in advance, but they didn't convince me they will return the money, so I really didn't had any ticket bought in advance. You do as you afford.

2. On my application I said I want multiple entry visa, first time for 3 months. So I did not apply for 1 month, because I really wanted to spend the summer her and it's not worth it only for one month. So in application I asked for 3 months at least, but better multiple entries, considering the wife visa had the waiting time 17 months, I thought I would need to visit my husband at least two times. I don't believe 3 months it is too much.

Then I REALLY had to buy tickets :)) after they gave me the visa, and I bought them for almost 6 months. So when I entered Canada I said I will stay 6 months. I was afraid too they will comment, but they didn't said anything about this.

I don't know if it's better for you to ask for 1 months only, even if you will actually stay more, not sure how they analyze the files, I was afraid they will really give me one month visa so that is why I asked 3 months in the first place :-D

On my wife file I really wrote a lot about my story with my husband, like a lot of pages with details and all. Now I was super tired of everything, I just wrote two pages saying that I want to visit my husband and Canada, he was in my country and spend already his legal vacation, so it's normal I want to visit him and get used to Canada, I said I need to come back to deal with my self employment thing (which is true and now I really need to go back, heh, if I only knew I would get the PR so fast...), move stuff etc. And it was true, I didn't plan to overstay. But I know A LOT of people ask for visa extensions, so... it is our right to ask for things, they can refuse us or not.

Trust me, this specific thread made me apply for a visitor visa, before this I thought it is impossible. We anyway spend the money, so take your chance and apply. I really did follow the list with documents (the one at the beginning of the thread) and I added what I was able to from that list. Wrote the letter, asked the papers from husband and that was it. I am sorry I did not apply earlier, that's all.

Also when I entered Canada I came with my cat, so they kinda noticed I plan to move here :-D Please take your chance and give us good news after you obtained the visa!
Good luck and let me know if I can help you more :) Sorry for the long message.

deedee33

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
Romania
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/QB/Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2014
AOR Received.
5 Mar 2015
File Transfer...
11 Mar 2015
Med's Done....
17 Nov 2014
Passport Req..
31 July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
@vgugliya Yes, I did said I applied previously to enter Canada and gave the file number of the wife application. About my personal letter I said above, I wrote my personal details, when I got married, when he visited me, what is my plan... my husband planned to visit me in my native country (so I included his tickets), we were going in vacation (I included bookings etc) and I said then I want to return with him in Canada and spend more time together. Also I mentioned my home ties and why I need to come back. Really it was nothing fancy and you have your own story. Write simple and normal, like you ask someone a favor. I did not bagged for visa, anyway, I just said how things are.

The other documents from my husband I don't have them here anymore, but they were simple too, some T4 papers with income, savings accounts, I think I added his contract for the apartment, a letter from his job, probably I added his life insurance that is on my name too and not much more.

I did not said he will pay for everything because I really also had money, but I said he will support me in this trip.

vnarayan

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
@DeeDee33,

Thanks for the long message. It was indeed good to hear your story and details.

Yes - you are absolutely correct. This is a recent forum and everybody is pretty successful in getting spouse visitor visa. I am also following the same document checklist and I hope my wife gets visitor visa also. We are also newly married and as any other couple we also miss each other a lot as it has been already more than 4 months now after marriage.

I just like to learn a lot from people's live experiences who have been in same situation especially when it comes to immigration. When I was evaluating different strategies, these were some of the questions that came into my mind because last thing I don't want to do is screw up PR process. SO, I want her to be very careful about what she is saying to CIC officer at the border entry when she comes on visitor visa to canada. All I can say is that I have also asked only for 1 month as many people have done in this forum. I did not ask for more because I thought it will be risky and my wife does not have lot of funds. So, the application would become weak. Therefore, currently I have told in the invitation letter all the points you just said and also our detailed plan while she is here and return ticket after a month. But my only concern is that what she should say at the border entry. Should she say she plans to stay while her PR gets processed as you mentioned at your entry even though she has a return ticket after a month or she should not say anything about her return plans? Whatever she says should not affect when she does the PR stamping within Canada after 5-6 months. That's all my worry and I am just making sure I make the right move the moment she gets the visitor visa.

What would be your final recommendation related to this?

@ Indocanadian and Tannygirl,

If you could also share any thoughts that would be really good related to this.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.