Med's Done....
17 Nov 2014
Passport Req..
31 July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
TRV 26 May 2015, PR 14 AUG 2015
LANDED..........
15 AUG 2015 (flag pole landing)
"Should she say she plans to stay while her PR gets processed as you mentioned at your entry even though she has a return ticket after a month or she should not say anything about her return plans?"

I didn't plan to stay while PR got processed because I genuinely thought it will take one more year, but I really planned to stay 6 months in Canada. So my "lie" is that I applied for 3 months visa (and multiple entries) but I indeed actually planned to stay almost 6 months.

So at the border I was together with my husband, I told that lady I am visiting him for 6 months, she asked if i have requested the wife visa, I said yes. Nobody asked if I plan to stay there until I get that, I didn't said either. I was on tourist visa, I had the right to stay in Canada 6 months, so that was the discussion. I don't remember now if she did asked me to show the return ticket? I think not.

I had the cat with me, they asked me if I take her back in my home country and I said no, because it was too stressful for the cat and eventually I will move for good to Canada.

My concern at the border was that if I say I stay only 3 months (as I requested) they can allow me only for that, I don't even know if it's possible to restrict your stay at the border, but I honestly told I will stay 6 months. Again, didn't mention anything about waiting for something here. I really didn't move for good to Canada at that point, that is why I need to go back to home country and sort things.

So basically my lie was that I asked for 3 months and I actually planned for 6. My advice is that at the border you don't say you came to wait here for the other visa. You came to visit on visitor visa, that's it. If you will overstay the 6 months, your business. If you will ask extension, the same.

If I were you, I would think what to say at the border after I have the visa on hand.

deedee33

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
Romania
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/QB/Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2014
AOR Received.
5 Mar 2015
File Transfer...
11 Mar 2015
Med's Done....
17 Nov 2014
Passport Req..
31 July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
What I want to say is that the border staff is not stupid. They obviously know we all try to stay in Canada because we miss our partners and we all hope the PR will come while we are here.
There is nothing you could tell them at the border to make them believe you don't care about your staying in Canada :)

I still don't get if you bought the plane tickets for one months, or not yet, or you will not buy them before the visa.

vnarayan

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
@DeeDee33,

Thanks again for your reply.

Yes - ofcourse I have not yet bought the confirmed plane tickets for one month. We are just submitting the proposed travel plan itinerary. We will decide about the return ticket date after we get the visa but I was just curious to know.

tannygirl

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Mumbai, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/10/2014
AOR Received.
03/01/2015 SA................: 13/01/2015
File Transfer...
13/01/2015 AOR2.............: 01/02/2015
Med's Request
21/08/2015
Med's Done....
28/01/2014 Re-medical Done: 25/08/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/11/2015
VISA ISSUED...
12/11/2015
LANDED..........
Very soon!
@vnarayan

She should say that she is staying for 3 months.
She can stay for upto 6 months, but while entering, you can say 3 months.

She should show her return ticket to the immigration officer.

Once she's in, she can stay for as long as she likes.

I entered Canada and have left and returned twice (after a trip to US & to Jamaica) so each time you enter the country, your 6 months validity starts again.
For eg. I came here in April, so my visa was valid till Sept. But I exited and re-entered Canada in July so now my visa is valid till December.

VN

May 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2015
Hi guys,

I just sent my wife's PR application and it was received today. Now we want to apply the visitor visa and I was wondering if I should wait for the AOR so I can tell them the file# or should I just say in the cover letter that it has been received and maybe attach the screenshot of the webpage that shows the package being received?

Also, for showing funds in bank account, if my wife does not have enough cash can I transfer her some funds so her bank balance is healthy? Or is it better to not do that and rather say that I have enough funds here in Canada and even though she doesnt its taken care of as I have enough funds?

And how long should we ask a visa for? Ideally my wife will want to wait out the PR here but not sure how long we should ask the visa for?

VN

May 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2015
deedee33 said:
You can make travel insurance from Canada for a person that didn't arrive yet, there is no problem. Basically I want to be covered for the entire trip, this includes the first flight, so of course it can be done before you arrive in Canada.

You can notarize the letter at city hall.
Thanks!!

deedee33

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
Romania
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/QB/Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2014
AOR Received.
5 Mar 2015
File Transfer...
11 Mar 2015
Med's Done....
17 Nov 2014
Passport Req..
31 July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
At the border I said I will stay for 6 months, it was no problem and they didn't ask me the return ticket, I asked now my husband to confirm, cos I didn't remember well.

I don't get why we are supposed to say we will stay less, we are allowed to stay 6 months, so what's the problem with saying oh I will be here only 2 months?

Again, when you will buy the tickets for real, don't buy the return ticket for longer than 6 months, this in case they ask you at the border to show the return ticket. So in my opinion you don't have any problem, I thought you bought already the tickets. If not, then you're good!

rambopg

Apr 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
25-Jun-2015
File Transfer...
07-Jul-2015
Med's Request
25-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
24-May-2016
Passport Req..
14-Jun-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
1-Jul-2016
VN said:
Hi guys,

I just sent my wife's PR application and it was received today. Now we want to apply the visitor visa and I was wondering if I should wait for the AOR so I can tell them the file# or should I just say in the cover letter that it has been received and maybe attach the screenshot of the webpage that shows the package being received?

Also, for showing funds in bank account, if my wife does not have enough cash can I transfer her some funds so her bank balance is healthy? Or is it better to not do that and rather say that I have enough funds here in Canada and even though she doesnt its taken care of as I have enough funds?

And how long should we ask a visa for? Ideally my wife will want to wait out the PR here but not sure how long we should ask the visa for?
Since you just filed your application and seeing NDVO's slow processing times. It will most likely take till next June/July 2015 for your wife's PPR. Which means that you will have to extend her visitor visa before the 6 month limit.

Also, from what I read people usually submit last 6 months bank statement to show that she has a stable job and will return back to the country. If you send her money now, it might put a red flag (but that's just my opinion). You can send her money and she can wait for 3-4 months and then apply for visitor visa.

vnarayan

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
@ tannygirl and DeeDee33,

Many thanks for the reply again.

@ tannygirl - Nice to see your reply after a long time.

OK- So, just buy the ticket for duration of at least 3 months and this is just in case if the officer asks for the return ticket, she has the proof that she will return after 3 months. Once she is in, as you said she can stay as long as she can.

Please confirm.

Cheers.

vnarayan

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
@ VN,

I guess you are also in the same boat as many others and have similar questions to what I had little while ago. I advise you to go through this forum as many people have answered the questions that you are asking. Find my answers in "red".

Hi guys,

I just sent my wife's PR application and it was received today. Now we want to apply the visitor visa and I was wondering if I should wait for the AOR so I can tell them the file# or should I just say in the cover letter that it has been received and maybe attach the screenshot of the webpage that shows the package being received? -------- In my experience, it is better to wait for at least AOR1 which you would get in a month or so which will have the client ID and file application number. Some of my friends applied without that and they just mentioned on the cover letter that they have applied for PR and their wives did get TRV. Some people in this forum have waited till they have got SA. My wife applied after we got AOR1. So, I would strongly recommend to apply at least after you get AOR1 to be on the safer side. Once you give the immigration officer, the file number at least they will believe you that you have applied for the PR otherwise they may not even believe you because there is no way to verify that and this may weaken your TRV application.

Also, for showing funds in bank account, if my wife does not have enough cash can I transfer her some funds so her bank balance is healthy? Or is it better to not do that and rather say that I have enough funds here in Canada and even though she doesnt its taken care of as I have enough funds? ------------- I would recommend not to do that. Instead she can show whatever she has and you can mention on the cover letter that you will be taking care of all the expenses. Alternatively, in order to support her trip financially, she can say that her parents are willing to support her if required. This will strengthen her application. That's said.

And how long should we ask a visa for? Ideally my wife will want to wait out the PR here but not sure how long we should ask the visa for? ----------- Same as me. You should not mention on the application a very long time which will not convince CIC officer that she will leave Canada. Ideally, ask for like a month or 2 max. Once she gets the visa and she enters Canada she can stay as long as she wants and you can extend the visitor visa status till she gets PR. This is what most of the people have experienced once they enter Canada. Once you get the visa and you are at the border entry what you mentioned on the application does not even matter.

I also believe you can try to use an agent to increase your chances even more as they take care of everything related to Docs and stuffs.

All the best!!

me447

Jun 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

One more clarification.

For applying visiting visa.. Should my husband who is inviting me have a good bank balance??

If so, How much should be in??

Please somebody guide me.

Thanks.

vgugliya

Dec 27, 2014
I applied for TRV for my wife, it got refused. Reasons for refusal was : :( :(

1. Ties with country: She is a CA and working in a bank in India. She got her leaves approved and we attached the leave approval letter with application. I think just that is not enough. Could you please share Affidavit format of parents and friends? I am planning to repply with affidavits from friends and family.

2. Purpose of visit : We explained them that we are newly married and miss each other alot. Also We want to celebrate my birthday and Diwali (Indian festival) together first time after wedding. Is it not a valid purpose? Can you please advise if I should add something else as well?

It would be great if you can the formats to my email id vgugliya@gmail.com. I am planning to reapply ASAP, your early response is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Varun

Shwemir

Star Member
Sep 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2015
AOR Received.
AOR1:14-10-2015.................SA : 28-10-2015
File Transfer...
AOR2 : 09-11-2015
Med's Done....
done upfront July 2015
Passport Req..
21-04-2016.............DM : 22-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-05-2016
LANDED..........
Flagpole : 08-05-2016
I feel so glad that I stumbled upon this thread...it's good to hear positive experiences from people getting their tourist visa granted.
We applied for spousal visa during August and after reading this we are planning to apply for the tourist visa after we receive an AOR or SA , mayb after a month or so....
Fingers crossed , hoping for the best

vnarayan

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
Hi All,

I am extremely happy to share the news that my wife has got the visitor visa to Canada and she will be coming soon probably next month to Canada. She got 1 year multiple entry visa to Canada. Thanks to everybody in this post including tannygirl, deedee33 and indocanadian who were very helpful. I encourage everybody to try for visitor visa as the PR processing times for outland offices across the world seem to be high on an average these days. Don't hesitate to ask any questions as this post was created to help each other who are trying for spouse visitor visa.

@vgugliya,

I pretty much followed the document checklist mentioned in this forum and I made my letter of invitation and her cover letter very strong and detailed. So, i encourage you to do the same and make your invitation letter strong and genuine giving all the honest details and then reapply. I am sure you will get it.

Guys, (Deedee33, tannygirl and indocanadian)

I have some questions about visitor visa and travel tickets:

1. Does the CIC officer ask for return ticket at the port of entry to the wife or spouse entering Canada? What other specific questions he generally asks to the spouse about the visit? Does he ask anything about PR?

2. I am thinking of booking 2 one way tickets with the return ticket as a fully refundable ticket instead of one round way trip ticket because round way trip ticket is kind of useless as I know that she is going to stay till she gets PR and in that way I end up not wasting the return journey which is around 400-450 CAD. Booking 2 one way tickets (1 for going and 1 for coming) with return option as fully refundable one enables me to cancel the return ticket with full refund once she is here. The only concern I have is that this should not create any issues for her at the port of entry by CIC officer. The return ticket which is fully refundable is expensive so will that spring doubts into CIC officer that why the person has booked 2 one way tickets, why the ticket is expensive and will he end up scrutinizing more? I don't want to end up complicating the matter for my wife just to save 400-450 CAD. Bottomline is that if this option is little risky I will go with one round way trip ticket and don't care about the return journey expense or else if the 2 one way ticket option is safe as well from immigration perspective I would rather prefer to go with that as it makes more sense.

Anybody, who has done like this?

Please share your experiences any suggestions/advise would be really helpful as we are deciding to book the tickets pretty soon. Please help me out as soon as possible.

Cheers.

M

mikeymyke

Really happy for you vnaryan. At first, I too was extremely hesitant about applying for my wife's TRV due to lots of people here saying it was extremely difficult. My wife is a Vietnamese citizen who is married to me at the time of the TRV application, and she had no problems at all. We spent a long time preparing an excellent TRV application.

Congrats!