+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa GRANTED!(Wife of PR)

vidya123222

Aug 13, 2019
Thanks for writing back.Yes mine got rejected too. Will apply for sponsorship and then try for TRV. Any progress please post here so it would be really helpful

NewUser2349

Dec 10, 2019
Thanks for sharing the details. It was very helpful in creating my visitor visa application.

I want to understand what you did once the PR was approved.
Where did you submit your Passport for the PR. Since you were in India while applying for PR, the passport had to be submitted in india only?

aababuji

Nov 8, 2019
Transmission

1575924052473December 9, 2019 1575924097960December 9, 2019
Applicant information
  • Principal Applicant:
  • Unique Client Identifier (UCI): 000000
  • Application number: V325115809
  • Date Received: December 9, 2019
  • Biometrics:
    • Biometrics Number: 00055120191213090521
    • Date of Biometrics Enrolment: December 13, 2019
    • Expiry Date: December 13, 2029
After this update nothing change till now and shows TRV processing time is 19 days?
Is anyone waiting like me? Please share or guide me what to do or where to contact to get update.
Thanks.

tomtom21

Jul 4, 2018
Hi everyone!

I applied for the Visitor Visa for Canada from India.
I am happy to inform you that IT HAS BEEN GRANTED to me! :D :D :D

My husband (sponsor) and I (principal applicant) have applied for my PR under Family Class.
On the forum I had read several times that it's nearly impossible to be granted a visitor visa while PR application is in process and that there is a 98% rejection rate, but I'm here to say that it's POSSIBLE!
But I applied and I got it!

I have been granted a ONE-YEAR MULTIPLE ENTRY visa to Canada.

What worked for us is that I showed PLENTY of TIES TO HOME and also convinced them that I will not overstay.

Here is a list of documents I submitted- It took a lot of time and energy to gather, but it's been worth it!

IMP: I applied for a travel duration of ONE MONTH. (They usually issue a 6 month visa, but best not to say you'll stay for 6 months!) It has to be long enough that it's believable, but short enough that it doesn't make them feel like you're trying to stay permanently !

Before applying for Canada Tourist Visa, I also applied (and was granted) a 10 year multiple entry visa to the U.S.
I think this carries some amount of weightage so it's probably a good idea to get a US tourist visa before applying for Canada.

My documents:
1. Income Tax Returns for last 4 years ( as many years as you have filed!)
2. As I am a freelancer, so no employer leave letter I submitted-My invoices, Contracts & Purchase orders for my work. (to prove I have ties to home)
3. Aadhar card copy
4. Drivers license copy
5. Pan card copy
6. Marriage certificate
7. PCC for all the countries I have spent more than 6 months in.
8. Visa Medical
9. Bank statements of the last 6 months
10.Car ownership papers (with ongoing loan)
11.Return flight tickets (THIS IS VERY IMP APPARENTLY- NEVER BOOK A ONE WAY TICKET, THEY'LL SURELY REJECT THE VISA)
12.My travel & employment history (same as submitted for the PR visa application)
13.My resume
14.A kick ass cover letter giving reasons why I will not overstay the Visitor Visa and why I have to return to India after my trip.
15.A letter from my dad on a stamp paper saying I will return as per my flight dates.

My husband's documents:
16. His employment letter of confirmation from the company where he works
17. Income Tax Returns filed in Canada
18. Pay stubs from the last 3 months
19. Bank Statements of last 6 months
20. PR Card copy
21. SPONSORSHIP APPROVAL LETTER (Super important)
22. Our travel together (flight tickets, hotel bookings etc)
23. Our photos together from the wedding & before & after the wedding- to establish that our marriage is real!(this is very important too, apparently, one girl told me to send that in because they rejected her visa saying there isn't enough proof of her marriage- even though she submitted her marriage certificate copy!!)
25. Our chat messages from over 1 year (same as submitted for the PR application)
26. Travel insurance that my husband bought for me (in Canada) for the duration of my trip.
27. A notarized declaration from my husband stating he will pay for my expenses & that I will not be a burden on the Canada.
28. A notarized invitation letter (addressed to VO) from my husband inviting me to visit him in Canada.
29. A hand written personal invitation from him to me asking me come and visit him (this is a personal letter, with lovey-dovey words about how much he misses me and wants to see me)

The reason why people get rejections is because they're not proving their ties to their home country.
If you can show that you have a lot of things/ people/ property/ assets that are in your home country that you won't just leave behind- they will grant you a visa.

Another thing, in my cover letter, I stated UP FRONT that I have a PR application in the system (gave my UCI etc) and said that I would never do anything to jeopardise my PR application by over staying on a Tourist Visa. I just want to visit my husband since we're newly married and I miss him.

Stay positive and send as many documents as you can.
be truthful and stick to your word if you're granted the Visa-
The VOs are humans too and they can empathise with your feelings, as long as you convince them you're not going overstay, they won't reject you. :)

Good luck & God Speed everyone! 8)
Hi,

Thank you for the detailed explanation on the process. I just wanted to mention that the one thing that matters the most for the TRV for spouse is his/her past travel history. If the person has not traveled in past out of their home country, then chances of getting a TRV while spousal application is in process, are very slim. Of course this is subject to that you have shown financial ability etc.

thx