+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa GRANTED!(Wife of PR)

vgugliya

Dec 27, 2014
@vnarayan

Many congratulations....It feels so good to hear such good news.

Also thanks for help...Can you please share format of your cover letter and invitation letter?

vnarayan

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
@ vgugliya,

sure! I will send you the format of my letter soon. If possible, can you send me your email ID as it will be very easy to just forward it to your email ID?

@mikeymike and others,

Can anybody please advise or suggest on the questions that I asked related to visitor visa and travel tickets?

Cheers,

deedee33

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
Romania
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/QB/Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2014
AOR Received.
5 Mar 2015
File Transfer...
11 Mar 2015
Med's Done....
17 Nov 2014
Passport Req..
31 July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
TRV 26 May 2015, PR 14 AUG 2015
LANDED..........
15 AUG 2015 (flag pole landing)
@ vnarayan I dont know what to say, I feel you complicate yourself too much. They didn't ask to see my return ticket at the border, but I cannot guarantee you this is the normal procedure. I understand what you're saying with tickets, but I cannot give you any advice. I really thought I will spend here 6 months and so I bought the tickets. The airline company may give me another date for the return in exchange of a fee.

What I am saying is maybe your wife wants to go back for a short visit to her country and maybe that return ticket would be helpful. And yes, maybe they ask her at the border to show it. They for sure asked me how long I will stay, I said the date and yes, I had the ticket prepared.

If you really want to buy two one way tickets, if the officer asks her why, she can tell that the return date is not fixed, because she might want to return sooner than she planed initially, so she bought the return one more expensive to be more flexible... I cannot invent now another reason :-D

At the border please tell her not to mention that she will wait here for PR. She can say she stays 6 months or less, depends of events in your live, or something. The officer asked me if I applied for wife visa, I said yes of course, but nothing more. My situation was different because I was traveling with my husband, so it was easier, but don't expect anything crazy! They are nice people :) she has the visa, congrats, she will be fine from now on!

I was also scared what if they will ask me why I stay so much, 6 months. But guess what, we have the visa, we are allowed to stay 6 months here, so there is no problem. But yes, I would buy round way tickets, as I did. Again, my situation was different, I will really return in my home country even if I got PR meanwhile, still things to solve there.

Besides the idea with "i might go back sooner so I bought a more flexible ticket" I don't have another idea, even so my opinion is that you complicate yourself with refunds and stuff, really too much stress. For me the one way ticket is way more expensive than round, so Im not sure how for you it's better.

Nabaaf

Sep 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO(INDIA)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd June 2015
AOR Received.
24th July 2015..........S.A.: 24th August 2015..........In process since: 28th August 2015
File Transfer...
31st August 2015 (AOR2)........Initial Med's Done: 20th April 2015 (upfront)
Med's Request
30th May 2016
Med's Done....
31st May 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
9th June 2016
VISA ISSUED...
14th June 2016(visa issued date as mentioned on passport affixed visa as 3rd June 2016)
LANDED..........
21st June 2016
vnarayan said:
@ vgugliya,

sure! I will send you the format of my letter soon. If possible, can you send me your email ID as it will be very easy to just forward it to your email ID?

@ mikeymike and others,

Can anybody please advise or suggest on the questions that I asked related to visitor visa and travel tickets?

Cheers,
Hey ,this forum is really tooo informative....@ vnarayan...plz do even forward me the format of ur lettrs my email id drnabeelmansuri@gmail.com ...i vil be really very greatfull for the same....
My pr application is also under process bt this waiting game is really killing me......thanxx

vnarayan

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
@ DeeDee33,

Thanks for your reply. I understand what you are saying. I am just going to keep it simple by booking a round trip ticket. I am not thinking of booking 2 one way tickets. I think it may create problems at immigration.

Just an FYI to everybody those who are trying to get their wives on visitor visa to Canada: My wife followed the document checklist mentioned on this forum and in addition she applied through a travel agent who specializes in visitor visas and travel arrangements. My strong recommendation to everybody is to use travel agent as well. It is not compulsory to use them but I think it definitely gives you an advantage when you are trying for TRV.

esuzu

May 6, 2015
vnarayan said:
@ DeeDee33,

Thanks for your reply. I understand what you are saying. I am just going to keep it simple by booking a round trip ticket. I am not thinking of booking 2 one way tickets. I think it may create problems at immigration.

Just an FYI to everybody those who are trying to get their wives on visitor visa to Canada: My wife followed the document checklist mentioned on this forum and in addition she applied through a travel agent who specializes in visitor visas and travel arrangements. My strong recommendation to everybody is to use travel agent as well. It is not compulsory to use them but I think it definitely gives you an advantage when you are trying for TRV.

Congrats on getting visitor visa. :)
Please suggest travel agent

my email id is:
dnayyar1404@gmail.com

thankyou

007JB

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Jul-2015
AOR Received.
05-Aug-2015
File Transfer...
07-Sep-2015 (AOR2)
Med's Done....
22-Jun-2015
Passport Req..
21-Apr-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-Apr-2016
LANDED..........
06-May-2016
vnarayan said:
Hi All,

I am extremely happy to share the news that my wife has got the visitor visa to Canada and she will be coming soon probably next month to Canada. She got 1 year multiple entry visa to Canada. Thanks to everybody in this post including tannygirl, deedee33 and indocanadian who were very helpful. I encourage everybody to try for visitor visa as the PR processing times for outland offices across the world seem to be high on an average these days. Don't hesitate to ask any questions as this post was created to help each other who are trying for spouse visitor visa.

@ vgugliya,

I pretty much followed the document checklist mentioned in this forum and I made my letter of invitation and her cover letter very strong and detailed. So, i encourage you to do the same and make your invitation letter strong and genuine giving all the honest details and then reapply. I am sure you will get it.

Guys, (Deedee33, tannygirl and indocanadian)

I have some questions about visitor visa and travel tickets:

1. Does the CIC officer ask for return ticket at the port of entry to the wife or spouse entering Canada? What other specific questions he generally asks to the spouse about the visit? Does he ask anything about PR?

2. I am thinking of booking 2 one way tickets with the return ticket as a fully refundable ticket instead of one round way trip ticket because round way trip ticket is kind of useless as I know that she is going to stay till she gets PR and in that way I end up not wasting the return journey which is around 400-450 CAD. Booking 2 one way tickets (1 for going and 1 for coming) with return option as fully refundable one enables me to cancel the return ticket with full refund once she is here. The only concern I have is that this should not create any issues for her at the port of entry by CIC officer. The return ticket which is fully refundable is expensive so will that spring doubts into CIC officer that why the person has booked 2 one way tickets, why the ticket is expensive and will he end up scrutinizing more? I don't want to end up complicating the matter for my wife just to save 400-450 CAD. Bottomline is that if this option is little risky I will go with one round way trip ticket and don't care about the return journey expense or else if the 2 one way ticket option is safe as well from immigration perspective I would rather prefer to go with that as it makes more sense.

Anybody, who has done like this?

Please share your experiences any suggestions/advise would be really helpful as we are deciding to book the tickets pretty soon. Please help me out as soon as possible.

Cheers.
congratzz :) please check ur inbox..

deedee33

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
Romania
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/QB/Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2014
AOR Received.
5 Mar 2015
File Transfer...
11 Mar 2015
Med's Done....
17 Nov 2014
Passport Req..
31 July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
TRV 26 May 2015, PR 14 AUG 2015
LANDED..........
15 AUG 2015 (flag pole landing)
I wouldn't use any agent, I managed everything with my husband and I had successfully obtained both visas, no additional documents requested, no nothing. If one doesn't have a strong case, how can someone else help you?
In my opinion is a waste of money, unless you really don't care to study the documentation or you don't have time for this process or you don't know English or French at all.
For example, if one person is not working at all, how could an agent help? Also, I didn't own a house, I guess no agent could fake me some property documents.
I strongly believe each case is different and also it's a matter of luck, some people in administration are checking our files, it's still subjective, they are not robots.

But I am really interested in how much an agent makes for one case!

So yes, use an agent if you feel better, but for sure it can be done by yourself!

vnarayan

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
@ DeeDee33,

I am just saying that it can be done by yourself but if you use agent it may sometimes help you. There is no harm in that. The agent doesn't charge much either like their fees is very minimal.

Cheers.

badboyz

May 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2015
AOR Received.
01-04-2015
File Transfer...
15-04-2015
Hey guys,

Following this thread, I also applied for tourist visa of my wife with her immigration application is in progress and we got 1 year multiple entry.

My wife is a housewife and still she got it. I would recommend everyone here to give it a shot. Apparently, it is a pretty quick process too. We got ours in 4 business days.

Anyone in this forum, who is already in Canada as a Visitor, can you please tell me if there are any documents required at the point of entry? besides return ticket of course.

Thanks.

Reactions: Gumbani

007JB

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Jul-2015
AOR Received.
05-Aug-2015
File Transfer...
07-Sep-2015 (AOR2)
Med's Done....
22-Jun-2015
Passport Req..
21-Apr-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-Apr-2016
LANDED..........
06-May-2016
badboyz said:
Hey guys,

Following this thread, I also applied for tourist visa of my wife with her immigration application is in progress and we got 1 year multiple entry.

My wife is a housewife and still she got it. I would recommend everyone here to give it a shot. Apparently, it is a pretty quick process too. We got ours in 4 business days.

Anyone in this forum, who is already in Canada as a Visitor, can you please tell me if there are any documents required at the point of entry? besides return ticket of course.

Thanks.

wow congratz :)

Kaurgeous

Sep 12, 2015
badboyz said:
Hey guys,

Thanks.

Hey many congratulations.. Can you please share what ties did your show'd!!
Thanks

Shwemir

Star Member
Sep 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2015
AOR Received.
AOR1:14-10-2015.................SA : 28-10-2015
File Transfer...
AOR2 : 09-11-2015
Med's Done....
done upfront July 2015
Passport Req..
21-04-2016.............DM : 22-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-05-2016
LANDED..........
Flagpole : 08-05-2016
Hi All,
I hav a question..we applied for PR on 27 August 2015 and now planning to apply for visitor visa. Here's wht we are planning :
I am currently working and will be applying for tentative 4 weeks leaves during jan 2016 as I hav exhausted all my leaves for this year due to marriage etc..by doing so I wil obtain a letter from HR stating I am an employee of the firm and hav 4 weeks leaves approved n will be resuming office back on the mentioned date, and wil be using this letter to apply for visitor visa..
Now suppose i get the visa by oct this year then the plan is to resign from here and my husband would be coming India in jan 2016 and I wil directly go with him to Canada n wait out the PR period there with the help of the 6 months visitor visa and then extending based on the status of PR..
My concern here is that is it ok if I resign from my current job after I get my visitor n leave for Canada in jan, will it cause any issue coz I applied for leaves in January but later on changed and resigned instead ?????
Pls suggest m confused