Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
tannygirl said:
Hi everyone!

I applied for the Visitor Visa for Canada from India.
I am happy to inform you that IT HAS BEEN GRANTED to me! :D :D :D

My husband (sponsor) and I (principal applicant) have applied for my PR under Family Class.
On the forum I had read several times that it's nearly impossible to be granted a visitor visa while PR application is in process and that there is a 98% rejection rate, but I'm here to say that it's POSSIBLE!
But I applied and I got it!

I have been granted a ONE-YEAR MULTIPLE ENTRY visa to Canada.

What worked for us is that I showed PLENTY of TIES TO HOME and also convinced them that I will not overstay.

Here is a list of documents I submitted- It took a lot of time and energy to gather, but it's been worth it!

IMP: I applied for a travel duration of ONE MONTH. (They usually issue a 6 month visa, but best not to say you'll stay for 6 months!) It has to be long enough that it's believable, but short enough that it doesn't make them feel like you're trying to stay permanently !

Before applying for Canada Tourist Visa, I also applied (and was granted) a 10 year multiple entry visa to the U.S.
I think this carries some amount of weightage so it's probably a good idea to get a US tourist visa before applying for Canada.

My documents:
1. Income Tax Returns for last 4 years ( as many years as you have filed!)
2. As I am a freelancer, so no employer leave letter I submitted-My invoices, Contracts & Purchase orders for my work. (to prove I have ties to home)
3. Aadhar card copy
4. Drivers license copy
5. Pan card copy
6. Marriage certificate
7. PCC for all the countries I have spent more than 6 months in.
8. Visa Medical
9. Bank statements of the last 6 months
10.Car ownership papers (with ongoing loan)
11.Return flight tickets (THIS IS VERY IMP APPARENTLY- NEVER BOOK A ONE WAY TICKET, THEY'LL SURELY REJECT THE VISA)
12.My travel & employment history (same as submitted for the PR visa application)
13.My resume
14.A kick ass cover letter giving reasons why I will not overstay the Visitor Visa and why I have to return to India after my trip.
15.A letter from my dad on a stamp paper saying I will return as per my flight dates.

My husband's documents:
16. His employment letter of confirmation from the company where he works
17. Income Tax Returns filed in Canada
18. Pay stubs from the last 3 months
19. Bank Statements of last 6 months
20. PR Card copy
21. SPONSORSHIP APPROVAL LETTER (Super important)
22. Our travel together (flight tickets, hotel bookings etc)
23. Our photos together from the wedding & before & after the wedding- to establish that our marriage is real!(this is very important too, apparently, one girl told me to send that in because they rejected her visa saying there isn't enough proof of her marriage- even though she submitted her marriage certificate copy!!)
25. Our chat messages from over 1 year (same as submitted for the PR application)
26. Travel insurance that my husband bought for me (in Canada) for the duration of my trip.
27. A notarized declaration from my husband stating he will pay for my expenses & that I will not be a burden on the Canada.
28. A notarized invitation letter (addressed to VO) from my husband inviting me to visit him in Canada.
29. A hand written personal invitation from him to me asking me come and visit him (this is a personal letter, with lovey-dovey words about how much he misses me and wants to see me)

The reason why people get rejections is because they're not proving their ties to their home country.
If you can show that you have a lot of things/ people/ property/ assets that are in your home country that you won't just leave behind- they will grant you a visa.

Another thing, in my cover letter, I stated UP FRONT that I have a PR application in the system (gave my UCI etc) and said that I would never do anything to jeopardise my PR application by over staying on a Tourist Visa. I just want to visit my husband since we're newly married and I miss him.

Stay positive and send as many documents as you can.
be truthful and stick to your word if you're granted the Visa-
The VOs are humans too and they can empathise with your feelings, as long as you convince them you're not going overstay, they won't reject you. :)

Good luck & God Speed everyone! 8)
Congrats on getting your TRV. The key thing is convincing CIC that you will leave Canada. You did a good job in convincing them and removing their doubt that you will overstay.

The odds were stacked against you and you overcome it. Congrats.

mm848

Jun 7, 2015
Hi! I'm new here. Pls bare with me.

My husband is a permanent resident. We were married for about a year. We'd like to apply for tourist visa but I don't have work in my home country. Is there any other way to prove my ties in my home country aside from work? Hope to get a reply from you. Thanks!

LLAngel

Star Member
Feb 11, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2015
Doc's Request.
15-09-2015
AOR Received.
20-05-2015
File Transfer...
07-06-2015 (SA) 03-09-2015 (status changed to In Process since 07-21) DM -Nov 26th..received DOCs ready for pick up email
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Submitted with Additional Docs Requested on Oct. 22nd
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 24th and received passport Dec 2nd.
LANDED..........
Landed Dec 6th!!! Wohooo..finally all done!
mm848 said:

My husband is a permanent resident. We were married for about a year. We'd like to apply for tourist visa but I don't have work in my home country. Is there any other way to prove my ties in my home country aside from work? Hope to get a reply from you. Thanks!
I have the same question too. My husband does work in construction back in Kosovo. So 1. He doesn't have a regular schedule..sometimes he works a week straight...sometimes there is no work for 2 weeks :s 2. Jobs there are cash jobs...so no way to proof any tax payment or anything like that.

Not sure what to do.

eminem_n_rihannah99

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
Mississauga, Ontario, canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2015
Nomination.....
SA 25-05-2015
AOR Received.
25-03-2015
File Transfer...
02-06-2015
Med's Done....
31-10-2014
Interview........
WAIVED!!!!!!!!!!!! YIPPII!!!!
Passport Req..
13-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
SOOOOONN!!!
LANDED..........
SOON!
mm848 said:

If you are not financially independent in your home country it is virtually impossible to prove a substantial tie.

still

Jan 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
I got my TRV yesterday. Interestingly, they returned my bank statement unopened when they sent back my passport and the supporting documents.

itsmeysh

Mar 18, 2015
@Tannygirl , a quick question for you - did you have to submit the originals of the PCC again for the TRV or was just copies of the PCC enough for the application ?

DohMan

Star Member
Sep 29, 2014
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
16-03-2015
AOR Received.
26-05-2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
22-05-2015
Med's Request
01-02-2016
Med's Done....
09-01-2015 (Upfront) and 04-02-2016 (Re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
28-03-2016
Hi Folks,
I have applied for my wife's PR in March and the application is currently with NDVO.
We wanted to try our luck and applied for Visitor Visa (Online with NDVO) on June 10th.
Today morning (IST) my wife got a an email that there is an update on the application and when she checked the message online on CIC site, they asked to submit the Original passport at local VFS.
She submitted the same today in Hyderabad and was told that the passport would be sent to Bangalore and would take 5-7 days for processing.

Now the question I wanted to ask is, does this mean her Visa is approved or it's still unknown till we receive the passport and check what was updated on the passport?
-
DohMan

me447

Jun 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi There, Im really happy for you guys.. and can u please guide me with the process for TRV.. did you do with any agent?? can u help me with the contact??
I miss my husband so badly.. He was trying to visit me here in india but he couldnt take off from his work. so im planning to go to canada with TRV.. Somebody help me... my application is with NDVO now on my PR application.

DohMan

Star Member
Sep 29, 2014
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
16-03-2015
AOR Received.
26-05-2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
22-05-2015
Med's Request
01-02-2016
Med's Done....
09-01-2015 (Upfront) and 04-02-2016 (Re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
28-03-2016
My wife got her passport with the visitor visa. Now wifey can visit me for 1.5 months.
We got 1.5 years multiple entry visa. :D :D :D
Applied on June 10, 2015
Passport Request on June 22, 2015
Passport received on June 25, 2015

Blr

Star Member
Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 November 2014
AOR Received.
AOR1: 17 Jan 2015, SA: 30 Jan 2015
File Transfer...
File received at NDVO: 13 Feb 2015 (Through CaseReviewTeam as no AOR2), IP: 12 Sept 2015
Med's Done....
17-07-2014
Pgs_1234 said:
I followed this post and got a 6+ years multiple entry Visa. Good guidelines! Thanks.
If we apply for TRV online, its processed and decision is made by CIC in Canada??? Or High Commission in Delhi or Consulates in Chandigarh or Bangalore??

How many days it takes to process and make decision on Online TRV??

If its processed and decision made in India, its by CHC New Delhi or Consulates in Chandigarh or Bangalore? How do they decide this?

Please reply

rambopg

Apr 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
25-Jun-2015
File Transfer...
07-Jul-2015
Med's Request
25-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
24-May-2016
Passport Req..
14-Jun-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
1-Jul-2016
Blr said:
If we apply for TRV online, its processed and decision is made by CIC in Canada??? Or High Commission in Delhi or Consulates in Chandigarh or Bangalore??

How many days it takes to process and make decision on Online TRV??

If its processed and decision made in India, its by CHC New Delhi or Consulates in Chandigarh or Bangalore? How do they decide this?

Please reply
If you see DohMan's post you will see that he applied Online TRV with NDVO and got it in 12 days.

Masriixo

Jul 5, 2015
App. Filed.......
April 15th, 2015
LANDED..........
June 20th, 2017
This sounds amazing. Congrats!

After realizing that it would take almost 2 years for our papers to process, I immediately applied for a TRV for my husband in Ankara Turkey.

I applied April 27th and did not hear anything (The CIC website says it takes 37 days to process) I e-mailed constantly to no avail, both to Ankara Immigration and the Embassy. Finally I contacted my MP and they were able to contact someone at CIC to clear whether they have looked into it or not.

Im scared because I didnt show much proof of return. After getting married in Amman, we moved to Turkey. He was only allowed a visit visa of 30 days in turkey. we couldnt apply to PR in Turkey (so much money) so we applied to the UN. So the first problem is that he doesnt have status.

I am planning on living with my husband in Turkey until our sponsorship papers are done in Amman. I tired to show that I am only here in Canada for the summer to finish my schooling and that we will go back to Turkey together once my spring semester ends and the end of august. I tried to emphasize that we will go back together at the end of August, I as well do no want to jeopardize my PR status.

I added my enrolment form from school and attached my ticket back to Turkey on August 31st. I also attached a cover letter that would make a grown man cry. (As I would like to think so hehe) As well as my employment letter from my side stating that I will take care of all expenses while hes here in Canada.

So I am hoping and praying on my hands and knees that this gets approved. It would be great if he got the multiple entry visa so we can go back and forth as we wish..

vnarayan

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
Hello Tannygirl,

Many many congratulations and very happy for you! Very nicely done! Many thanks for sharing your experience!

I must say I am also glad to see your post like many others! I will try to exactly do what you have done and hope it works for me as well but I have few questions for you. If you can please reply to them that would be great.

Before applying for Canada Tourist Visa, I also applied (and was granted) a 10 year multiple entry visa to the U.S. ------------------------------------- My wife will also be trying for US visitor visa but is this necessary to get on your passport before you apply for canadian visitor visa? Please confirm because she may get/apply for US visa after she gets Canadian visitor visa. I mean both of them are totally independent of each other rite, then how will one help other?
I think this carries some amount of weightage so it's probably a good idea to get a US tourist visa before applying for Canada.

My documents:
1. Income Tax Returns for last 4 years ( as many years as you have filed!)
2. As I am a freelancer, so no employer leave letter I submitted-My invoices, Contracts & Purchase orders for my work. (to prove I have ties to home)
3. Aadhar card copy
4. Drivers license copy
5. Pan card copy
6. Marriage certificate
7. PCC for all the countries I have spent more than 6 months in.
8. Visa Medical
9. Bank statements of the last 6 months
10.Car ownership papers (with ongoing loan)
11.Return flight tickets (THIS IS VERY IMP APPARENTLY- NEVER BOOK A ONE WAY TICKET, THEY'LL SURELY REJECT THE VISA)
12.My travel & employment history (same as submitted for the PR visa application)
13.My resume
14.A kick ass cover letter giving reasons why I will not overstay the Visitor Visa and why I have to return to India after my trip.
15.A letter from my dad on a stamp paper saying I will return as per my flight dates.

My husband's documents:
16. His employment letter of confirmation from the company where he works
17. Income Tax Returns filed in Canada
18. Pay stubs from the last 3 months
19. Bank Statements of last 6 months
20. PR Card copy
21. SPONSORSHIP APPROVAL LETTER (Super important) ------------------------- I have applied for my Wife's PR on July 15, 2015. Is it necessary to wait till I get my SA and only apply for visitor visa after that or I can still mention my UCI/client ID in my letter of invitation saying that I already applied for PR and it is in sponsorship approval process and go ahead with the visitor visa application? This is important for me to understand because I don't want to lower the chances of my wife's visitor visa because of this reason. Please confirm. I was thinking that it does not matter as visitor visa process is independent of the PR process and canada does recognize "dual intent" immigration which means a person can always try for visitor visa while his/her PR is in process irrespective of where it is in approval process.
22. Our travel together (flight tickets, hotel bookings etc)
23. Our photos together from the wedding & before & after the wedding- to establish that our marriage is real!(this is very important too, apparently, one girl told me to send that in because they rejected her visa saying there isn't enough proof of her marriage- even though she submitted her marriage certificate copy!!)
25. Our chat messages from over 1 year (same as submitted for the PR application)
26. Travel insurance that my husband bought for me (in Canada) for the duration of my trip.
27. A notarized declaration from my husband stating he will pay for my expenses & that I will not be a burden on the Canada.
28. A notarized invitation letter (addressed to VO) from my husband inviting me to visit him in Canada.
29. A hand written personal invitation from him to me asking me come and visit him (this is a personal letter, with lovey-dovey words about how much he misses me and wants to see me)

Another important question:
Let us say that my wife gets visitor visa to Canada and she comes around Sep 20, 2015. I applied for her PR on July 15, 2015. Now, let us say that she gets her Passport request around Feb 2016 and at that time she is over here. In this case, is it possible to tell CIC that my wife is here and she wants to get her stamping done through Ottawa office instead of going to India and coming back as PR? Now, during the course of granting PR lets say over here if the CIC officer finds out that she has overstayed in Canada compared to what was written on visitor visa application won't that create a "problem". I know I may be thinking too much or it may be difficult to answer this particular question but based on what you know or somebody who knows about this can share his/her experience that would be extremely helpful for me. Thank you very much in advance

The reason why people get rejections is because they're not proving their ties to their home country.
If you can show that you have a lot of things/ people/ property/ assets that are in your home country that you won't just leave behind- they will grant you a visa.

Another thing, in my cover letter, I stated UP FRONT that I have a PR application in the system (gave my UCI etc) and said that I would never do anything to jeopardise my PR application by over staying on a Tourist Visa. I just want to visit my husband since we're newly married and I miss him.

Stay positive and send as many documents as you can.
be truthful and stick to your word if you're granted the Visa-
The VOs are humans too and they can empathise with your feelings, as long as you convince them you're not going overstay, they won't reject you. Smiley

Good luck & God Speed everyone! Cool

IndoCanadian2015

Star Member
May 4, 2015
Thank you very much for this post. This has been very helpful

We applied for a TRV based on this thread and got a 1 year multiple entry visa. :D :D :D

Along with the application, here is a list of all the supporting information we submitted:

1. Cover Letter explaining our intent.
2. Letter from employer granting leave.
3. Income tax returns for past two years for both the principal applicant and the sponsor.
4. Evidence of financial standing for both the principal applicant and the sponsor - pay stubs, bank statements, savings certificates, etc.
5. Tentative flight itinerary.
6. Proof of completion of upfront medical exam (same from the sponsorship application).
7. Police Certificates and Clearances (same from the sponsorship applications).
8. Notarized letter of invitation and sponsorship (declaring full financial support) from sponsor in Canada.
9. Copy of Marriage Certificate to prove relationship to the inviter.
10. Copy of the Sponsorship Approval Letter from our immigration application.

I would encourage everyone to apply for a TRV. Its completely possible to get one. Just make sure you provide enough proof that you will leave canada at the end of your trip and that you have enough financial standing to support your trip(s).

Cheers.