+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa GRANTED!(Wife of PR)

vnarayan

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
Hi Indocanadian and Tannygirl,

Can you please reply to some of the questions I have asked related to TRV?

Indocanadian - Congratulations on your TRV. So, what happens when your wife gets the PP request from New delhi office, your wife is going to go back and come back as PR or you are thinking of adjusting your wife's PR status from Canada itself?

Please reply to this.

Thanks and Regards,
Vinod

Kaurmomi

Jul 24, 2015
I'm New in this thread pls help me
How can i show income tax and ties to my home country because I'm a house wife we have already applied for spouse cAse.... Pls tannygirl share your previous reviews

OTR

Jul 25, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30-09-2014
File Transfer...
4-11-2014
Med's Done....
22-07-14
LANDED..........
landed.... sapneya ch
Hi everyone just wanted to clear this
while applying for TRV the form says you have to write your name in native language also. Iam applying online, do i still have to print the form and write name in native language and upload the form
as far as signature is concerned in online forms you have to just enter your name with a security question which works for ur online signature.

also how much bank balance is sufficient to show ? if i say that i will be responsible for all my expenses

thanks

IndoCanadian2015

Star Member
May 4, 2015
vnarayan said:
Hi Indocanadian and Tannygirl,

Can you please reply to some of the questions I have asked related to TRV?

Indocanadian - Congratulations on your TRV. So, what happens when your wife gets the PP request from New delhi office, your wife is going to go back and come back as PR or you are thinking of adjusting your wife's PR status from Canada itself?

Please reply to this.

Thanks and Regards,
Vinod
At the time of Passport request, One can send the passport to Ottawa and have the PR visa issued. Landing can be done at the US border. If she is still here when the PR comes, I think we will just have the visa stamped at Ottawa and drive to a land border for landing.

IndoCanadian2015

Star Member
May 4, 2015
vnarayan said:
My wife will also be trying for US visitor visa but is this necessary to get on your passport before you apply for canadian visitor visa? Please confirm because she may get/apply for US visa after she gets Canadian visitor visa. I mean both of them are totally independent of each other rite, then how will one help other?
Having a US visa is not a requirement and yes both visa processes are independent, but still having a US visa on the passport gives a sense of confidence to the Canadian officers and the chances of getting a canadian visa issued for the said applicant increase. I think there was also a question or something somewhere in the application or in the checklist asking if the applicant has a US visa.

vnarayan said:
Another important question:
Let us say that my wife gets visitor visa to Canada and she comes around Sep 20, 2015. I applied for her PR on July 15, 2015. Now, let us say that she gets her Passport request around Feb 2016 and at that time she is over here. In this case, is it possible to tell CIC that my wife is here and she wants to get her stamping done through Ottawa office instead of going to India and coming back as PR? Now, during the course of granting PR lets say over here if the CIC officer finds out that she has overstayed in Canada compared to what was written on visitor visa application won't that create a "problem". I know I may be thinking too much or it may be difficult to answer this particular question but based on what you know or somebody who knows about this can share his/her experience that would be extremely helpful for me. Thank you very much in advance
Already answered the passport part on my other reply.

Dates on visitor visa application will not matter. At the entry point in Canada, border agent might ask her again about her intended return date.

Let them know that your PR is being processed and you intend to wait in Canada during this time. This is called dual intent - you can find more info on dual intent on CICs website. The border agent will then stamp her passport - This is called visitor permit (not visa. Visa is only for travel). The border agent will either write an expiry date on the visitor permit stamp or it is assumed to expire in 6 months from stamp date. If you guys feel like you may have to stay beyond the expiry of the visitor permit, you can apply for an online extension of visitor permit before it expires.

Hope that helps.

vnarayan

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
Hi IndoCanadian,

Many thanks for the reply!

When she comes on the visitor visa at the border, she would have a return ticket lets say as per the visitor visa application dates. You are saying that in spite of that my wife should say at the border that she intends to stay more than that? Is it even necessary to say that? I mean won't that create any red flag? I thought once you get the stamp on your passport, the visa is automatically valid for 6 months at least from the date of entry and you don't need to say anything about the PR processing.

Please confirm whether my wife needs to explain anything? From your experience, did your spouse explain anything at the border when she came on visitor visa?

If you could share your thoughts that would be really great!

Thank you very much in advance.

Best Regards,
Vinod

me447

Jun 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi There,

Can anyone help me out with the guidance.

I really don't know how to get the Income tax return. I've been working in an organisation for 4+ years.
So is it fine to submit my latest 3 months payslips and 3 months bank statement with outstanding balance of 3 lakhs.

Please somebody guide me.

Thanks in advance.
Me447

me447

Jun 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
and Im from Chennai so do i have to apply to bangalore or to delhi??

or should i go with some travel agent to do this???

deedee33

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
Romania
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/QB/Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2014
AOR Received.
5 Mar 2015
File Transfer...
11 Mar 2015
Med's Done....
17 Nov 2014
Passport Req..
31 July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
TRV 26 May 2015, PR 14 AUG 2015
LANDED..........
15 AUG 2015 (flag pole landing)
@me447, I've added my invoices and bank statements for the last 6 months when applying for visitor visa. I think 3 months is enough, i just did 6.

You just add all you have, any possible proof and hope for the best!

@IndoCanadian2015 I have one question regarding the landing within Canada. You said this can be done at any US border, but on CIC website I saw they said we must cross the border and come back, so this cannot be done without a US visa... I will be soon in this situation and I'm not sure what to do. Thanks!

vnarayan

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
@ me447,

For spousal visitor visa as much documents as you show it is better. I think it is better if you can submit bank statements and pay stubs for 6 months instead of 3 months as they will understand that you have continuous income for almost half a year and since you are not able to show income tax returns it is always better to do submit more of those. My suggestion to you is to try to submit as much as you can, follow the document checklist that has been posted by some of the guys in this forum who have been successful in getting the visitor visa and then just hope for the best!!

As for your question related to visa office, I am sure that it does not matter whether it is bangalore or delhi. Whatever works for you. Going through travel agent is also an option because they will take care of everything, you just need to submit the documents to them. You don't need to worry about this too much.

vnarayan

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
@ Deedee, the best option is to apply for US visa and get that as soon as possible before you want do the landing as "PR". I think you need to confirm with the CIC office about that because I think they give you an option of doing the PR landing at the border. You don't need to necessarily cross it. You should probably talk to CIC office or try to get the US visa asap to avoid this situation.

I have a quick question for you - The processing time for Bucharest - Romania shows to be 17 months + 2 months for sponsorship at present. I am quite surprised that you got the passport request within 7 months. Are the applications getting processed faster? I am curious to know. My visa office would be New delhi, India which is also showing 16 months at present.

Thanks,
Vinod

me447

Jun 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ deedee33 / vnarayan ,

Thank you so much guys. im working on my docs and will be applying by September. I'll keep you guys posted.

Thanks again.

IndoCanadian2015

Star Member
May 4, 2015
vnarayan said:
Hi IndoCanadian,

Many thanks for the reply!

When she comes on the visitor visa at the border, she would have a return ticket lets say as per the visitor visa application dates. You are saying that in spite of that my wife should say at the border that she intends to stay more than that? Is it even necessary to say that? I mean won't that create any red flag? I thought once you get the stamp on your passport, the visa is automatically valid for 6 months at least from the date of entry and you don't need to say anything about the PR processing.

Please confirm whether my wife needs to explain anything? From your experience, did your spouse explain anything at the border when she came on visitor visa?

If you could share your thoughts that would be really great!

Thank you very much in advance.

Best Regards,
Vinod
My wife isn't here yet. We are planning for her to come in a couple of months. Our plan is to be truthful and inform the officers. I don't know if this is the right way or the best way as we do not have any experience with this yet.

IndoCanadian2015

Star Member
May 4, 2015
deedee33 said:
@ me447, I've added my invoices and bank statements for the last 6 months when applying for visitor visa. I think 3 months is enough, i just did 6.

You just add all you have, any possible proof and hope for the best!

@ IndoCanadian2015 I have one question regarding the landing within Canada. You said this can be done at any US border, but on CIC website I saw they said we must cross the border and come back, so this cannot be done without a US visa... I will be soon in this situation and I'm not sure what to do. Thanks!

You don't need a US visa. I did this myself few years ago when I did my PR landing. Tell them that you are there only to return to Canada so you can land as a PR. The US knows about this and they will issue you an administrative refusal (this is for records purpose only and does not affect any future travels to the US - the US officer on duty will say the same thing) then take a U-turn, go back to Canada IMM office, show the document and it flows form there...

Hope that helps.

deedee33

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
Romania
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/QB/Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2014
AOR Received.
5 Mar 2015
File Transfer...
11 Mar 2015
Med's Done....
17 Nov 2014
Passport Req..
31 July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
TRV 26 May 2015, PR 14 AUG 2015
LANDED..........
15 AUG 2015 (flag pole landing)
Hello,

Thank you everyone, yes I did a flagpole today, just went at the border, the officer told me to make a U turn, gave me the administrative refusal paper and that was it, I did the landing in the next hour.
So no, you don't need an USA visa to land from inside Canada. Very good! Thanks to this forum I knew about this shortcut :)

Regarding the time for Bucharest embassy, it was very surprising for me too! That is why I applied for visitor visa, spent money and nerves, because I thought it will take 17 months. After 2 weeks in Canada on tourist visa they requested my passport.

For SA I waited almost 3 months... I am not sure why they started to process the app faster, but they are indeed, another romanian applicant took the visa even faster than me, so this is very strange, but I am grateful! I wish you all a fast process, so you don't have to believe the times they are showing, hope for better!