+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa refused- help and ideas

Laml_aml

Apr 20, 2020
Hi. I got my student visa rejection letter yesterday. These were the reasons.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.

I want to re-apply for my visa again but let me first tell you about my background. I completed my B.Com in India in 2012. Just after I graduated I got a job and worked for 7 years as a US Tax Professional and then moved to Dubai in 2019 after I got married to be with my husband. Once I came here, I got a job after 6 months in taxation. I wanted to study further to get into a better company in UAE and after extensive research, I found and applied for 1 year Professional Accounting program in Canada.

Now, with regards to the reasons for rejection:

1) My tuition fees is $19,000 CAD and I have already paid $13,000 and showed 42,000 AED, and 1,00,000 INR (the total of both is equivalent to 16,500 CAD approx.) and also 5000 AED in my husband's account (equivalent to 1,750 CAD approx.)
2)The purpose of my visit was just to study and I had indicated in my visa application that my husband will not be accompanying me. Also, since the course is being offered remotely, I had mentioned in the letter of explanation that I will not be travelling to Canada and I will study from UAE so that I can be with my husband.
3)My current employment situation is that I am still employed. However, in my application, under the employment section for start and end dates, I had updated the end date the same as when I had applied for the visa as I wasn't sure what else to update).
4) I have travelled to Bali and Turkey for vacation.

What should I do differently when I re-apply for my visa? Please help me out. Appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks.
Can you share your time line?

Zeba M

Jan 22, 2021
Completed B.Com in May 2012. Joined work also in May 2012. Got married in Dec 2018. Resigned in March 2019. Came to UAE in April 2019. Got a job in Feb 2020. Applied for Professional Accounting program in August 2020, after all the procedures, I was able to apply for my visa on December 14. Gave biometrics on 29th December and got my rejection yesterday on January 21st.

Laml_aml

Apr 20, 2020
Completed B.Com in May 2012. Joined work also in May 2012. Got married in Dec 2018. Resigned in March 2019. Came to UAE in April 2019. Got a job in Feb 2020. Applied for Professional Accounting program in August 2020, after all the procedures, I was able to apply for my visa on December 14. Gave biometrics on 29th December and got my rejection yesterday on January 21st.
Under which category you applied? Refusal reasons?

Zeba M

Jan 22, 2021
Also, I have travelled to Oman too but that was more than 5 years back. It was not mentioned in the travel history because in the form it asked to mention only what is within 5 years. However the Oman stamps were shown in the scanned copy of my passport.

Dhritik

Star Member
Aug 16, 2020

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.

I want to re-apply for my visa again but let me first tell you about my background. I completed my B.Com in India in 2012. Just after I graduated I got a job and worked for 7 years as a US Tax Professional and then moved to Dubai in 2019 after I got married to be with my husband. Once I came here, I got a job after 6 months in taxation. I wanted to study further to get into a better company in UAE and after extensive research, I found and applied for 1 year Professional Accounting program in Canada.

1) My tuition fees is $19,000 CAD and I have already paid $13,000 and showed 42,000 AED, and 1,00,000 INR (the total of both is equivalent to 16,500 CAD approx.) and also 5000 AED in my husband's account (equivalent to 1,750 CAD approx.)
2)The purpose of my visit was just to study and I had indicated in my visa application that my husband will not be accompanying me. Also, since the course is being offered remotely, I had mentioned in the letter of explanation that I will not be travelling to Canada and I will study from UAE so that I can be with my husband.
3)My current employment situation is that I am still employed. However, in my application, under the employment section for start and end dates, I had updated the end date the same as when I had applied for the visa as I wasn't sure what else to update).

What should I do differently when I re-apply for my visa? Please help me out. Appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks.
share ur timeline plz.

Zeba M

Jan 22, 2021

Lahore90

Star Member
Oct 27, 2020

I got exactly the same reasons. Exactly

Zeba M

Jan 22, 2021
I got exactly the same reasons. Exactly
Can you give me a background about your situation. For example, how much did you show for proof of funds, which program you applied for, how did you try to convince the officer that you will leave, how much gap you have in your studies etc. Also, are you going to apply again?

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019

You don't have enough funds to support yourself while in Canada.

Your purpose is suspicious. Why would you want to go all the way to Canada just to do a accounting program? You can find those courses in your own country. The visa officer does not believe your going to Canada to study.

You have already several years of work experience, an accounting program in Canada won't help you much. There's no reason to apply for a study permit to go all the way to Canada and spend so much money with little to no benefits in return. Therefore it is highly likely you're not going there to study and your purpose is suspicious. Most likely you're trying to get points for Express Entry and immigrate to Canada.

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
That applies to 99.9% of the courses offered at Canadian colleges and universities. That has never been an important reason behind denials even if the visa officer might mention it in the rejection.
No. But it's just picking a course out of convinence.visa officer clearly knows that the intention is just to get the visa and express entry point, the course is not the intended goal.

Zeba M

Jan 22, 2021
No. But it's just picking a course out of convinence.visa officer clearly knows that the intention is just to get the visa and express entry point, the course is not the intended goal.
Hi,

I had mentioned to the visa officer in the letter of explanation that I want to look for better job prospects in UAE and that is not possible with my current education level which is why I decided to study. And I chose this program because it is a pathway for CPA and I might intend to pursue it in the future. Which is a fact. I can show more funds when I apply again but can you tell me what is a good amount to show? Anything else I need to change in my application?