+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa refused- help and ideas

chae

Jul 27, 2021
hi
I just finished high school and applied, got accepted, and enrolled in the University of Manitoba
I'm taking software engineering as my major
I'm from Kenya and I'm 19 yo
My visa got rejected last week and this was the reason.
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial assets.
30K POUNDS the account is on interest too and two properties which are both rented out.
My grandma is sponsoring me
I wrote a letter and told them why I picked the course and why I picked Canada and that I don't intend on staying on completion of my program In 2026
What should I rectify when reapplying.

• Sad
Reactions: MZHSECA

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
hi
I just finished high school and applied, got accepted, and enrolled in the University of Manitoba
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial assets.
30K POUNDS the account is on interest too and two properties which are both rented out.
I wrote a letter and told them why I picked the course and why I picked Canada and that I don't intend on staying on completion of my program In 2026
Apply for GSCM notes first before re-applying. Share your notes here when you get it.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
hi
Order GCMS notes. How many years is your program. Tuition is about $20k per year plus another $10k or so for expenses. That is $30k so if the program is 3 years or even 4, how will your afford even tuition?

sb22651

Jul 15, 2021
hi
200(1) is for work permit applications. Are you trying to use your university acceptance letter to work in Canada?

chae

Jul 27, 2021
Order GCMS notes. How many years is your program. Tuition is about $20k per year plus another $10k or so for expenses. That is $30k so if the program is 3 years or even 4, how will your afford even tuition?
should there be 120k in the account I'm confused because I thought minimum amount is 25k idk anyways. the account is on interest tho right now it's at 45-50k....how much should be in the account?

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
should there be 120k in the account I'm confused because I thought minimum amount is 25k idk anyways. the account is on interest tho right now it's at 45-50k....how much should be in the account?
The best amount is the maximum amount. Meeting the minimum threshold only means that you will not be automatically refused. You need to have a comfortable amount... meaning as much as possible.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Is your grandmother earning 50-60K to spend 30K on you every year? If so, then provide proof
How much interest is the account on to get from 45-50K to 120K in 3 years. Is there a reason your parents are not sponsoring you? If so, explain. Your grandmother is not your 'direct' family.

chae

Jul 27, 2021
Apply for GSCM notes first before re-applying. Share your notes here when you get it.
just read about the gcsm notes thing and apparently, it takes 1-2 months, now the problem with this is that I'm already into my first semester online which is ending on august 18th. Accommodation and medical insurance was paid for but I have not utilized them since I'm earning remotely and I need to know if I should take a deferral or withdraw from the university with the visa rejection because paying for the next semester does not make sense if I do not have a visa. I can't wait 1-2 months because I need to know where I stand with this whole visa situation because my family has already put in money that seems to be going to waste (accommodation, medical insurance, and first-semester tuition(assuming I have to take I deferral). The second semester begins mid-next month.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
just read about the gcsm notes thing and apparently, it takes 1-2 months, now the problem with this is that I'm already into my first semester online which is ending on august 18th. Accommodation and medical insurance was paid for but I have not utilized them since I'm earning remotely and I need to know if I should take a deferral or withdraw from the university with the visa rejection because paying for the next semester does not make sense if I do not have a visa. I can't wait 1-2 months because I need to know where I stand with this whole visa situation because my family has already put in money that seems to be going to waste (accommodation, medical insurance, and first-semester tuition(assuming I have to take I deferral). The second semester begins mid-next month.
Talk to your academic advisor and international student advisor. To be honest, you should not have started a program without an approved SP but now you have to decide what you want to do.

Reactions: Simba112

chae

Jul 27, 2021
Is your grandmother earning 50-60K to spend 30K on you every year? If so, then provide proof
How much interest is the account on to get from 45-50K to 120K in 3 years. Is there a reason your parents are not sponsoring you? If so, explain. Your grandmother is not your 'direct' family.
i will have to ask her about her earnings and bank info. I don't know how to answer the last question o_O

chae

Jul 27, 2021
Talk to your academic advisor and international student advisor. To be honest, you should not have started a program without an approved SP but now you have to decide what you want to do.
The university gave deadlines for all that, the visa just took really long as I applied in March and the program started in May, and from what the agent said it would take 2 months at what to get feedback. As for the student advisors they really just gave vague help and said they can't really say anything about the visa. I would just really like to know what the problem is with the application if the bank statements were inadequate or something else. It would help to know if I should just put a close to traveling to Canada or I should reapply. It's all so frustrating and i really dont know what to doo_O.

MZHSECA

Star Member
Jul 8, 2021
hi
Sorry for your refusal experience.As others have said already, please order GCMS notes before you reapply.I also see you have been refused under a very different section rather than R216.

I see you are from Kenya and I presume
that your IRCC visa office was in Nairobi.

While you reapply, please remember, IRCC visa offices, in Africa,particularly,in Nairobi & Dakar have very low approval rates for Temporary Resident Visas.

Because IRCC follows a controversial system of 'socio-economic profiling' of countries to assess likelihood of returning home.

This profiling system automatically reduces chances of approval for African applicants.

Exactly, that's why about TRV applications were refused in 2019 to about 80 African Artificial Intelligence Researchers for a conference in Canada.

In an official hearing in 2017, an IRCC officer openly admitted to one question,he was talking about applicants from Somalia,I quote:

"Q. So what is the criteria to determine the spontaneity of TRV applicant?

It would depend. Everything is relative to each case and is looked at individually. What we have to balance when we make a TRV decision is the reason to go to Canada versus the motivation to return home.

And the motivation to return to Somalia is not high for most people because most people, and if it were for any of us, we know where we would want not to be.

So you have to look at the reason to go back. It would depend. We would look at where they are flying from, in Somalia, depending on the military and other situations. So if it is a more stable area, we are more likely to issue a visa.

We look at their personal situation, their job, their financial situation in Somalia, of their connections to the country and that is what we do for all TRVs, and balance that"

The officer also said,I quote:

" I would say that it’s going to be an uphill battle for someone to convince us to issue a TRV from Somalia.So they would have to give us a very good reason as to why they would want to go back home before we would issue a TRV.

We had issued the TRV in a single journey documents for Somalia officials coming to visit Canada for various things. They have a good reason to go home, but having not served in Nairobi, I can’t tell you what other kinds of TRVs are issued but I would suspect very few"

So,I see,you have been refused by IRCC visa office in Nairobi, you can see for yourself,for a Somali national in Dadaab camp,the chances for getting TRV for Canada is near impossible.

I do not know about your personal background.

But since,you said,you are from Kenya,I would say you need a very detailed SOP because your battle for Study Permit is against IRCC's profiling system,which automatically reduces your chances.

Get GCMS notes before you reapply.

Reactions: Impatient Dankaroo