+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa refused- help and ideas

Zeba M

Jan 22, 2021
You don't have enough funds to support yourself while in Canada.

Your purpose is suspicious. Why would you want to go all the way to Canada just to do a accounting program? You can find those courses in your own country. The visa officer does not believe your going to Canada to study.

You have already several years of work experience, an accounting program in Canada won't help you much. There's no reason to apply for a study permit to go all the way to Canada and spend so much money with little to no benefits in return. Therefore it is highly likely you're not going there to study and your purpose is suspicious. Most likely you're trying to get points for Express Entry and immigrate to Canada.
Another thing is, that my program is being offered remotely. And I had clearly said that I will not be travelling to Canada and I will study from my home country, so the question of going all the way to Canada does not even come up.

Davis_B

Jan 26, 2021
As previously stated in your other thread, we can't help if you don't tell us about your profile.

You need to tell us what course you applied for, which country you live in, what your citizenship is, what kind of financial documents you submitted, your prior academic background, your ties to your home country/country of citizenship - all of that.

Simply pasting a generic denial letter tells us nothing about why you were denied.
Hello Goose,
I read your replies and so I think you can help me.

My study permit was refused under these reasons:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

I was admitted in Bachelor Electrical Engineering in Quebec City. My citizenship and current residency is Rwanda. Prior academic is high school graduate in electronic and telecommunication. Financial documents I submitted are my Aunty’s sponsorship in bank statement of 84k USD and her living house.
Thank you for your help.

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
Hi,

I had mentioned to the visa officer in the letter of explanation that I want to look for better job prospects in UAE and that is not possible with my current education level which is why I decided to study. And I chose this program because it is a pathway for CPA and I might intend to pursue it in the future. Which is a fact. I can show more funds when I apply again but can you tell me what is a good amount to show? Anything else I need to change in my application?
Mentioning something in your sop doesn't mean anything. Why would the visa officer take your word? What do you have to support your statement? Nothing. The visa officer thinks you chose this course as an excuse so you can get a visa to enter Canada.

If you want to do a CPA, there are many such courses in your current country or in your home country, why the need to travel all the way to Canada and spend so much money for it? The visa officer also does not think that you have enough money to even support yourself while in Canada during your studies. Why would they believe you will comply with immigration rules and complete the course and return home?

What if you can't follow the course and you fail your course? What if you run out of money and cannot pay for your studies or living expenses?

This is the kind of judgement that the visa officer makes when he decides to approve your study permit or not.

Zeba M

Jan 22, 2021
Mentioning something in your sop doesn't mean anything. Why would the visa officer take your word? What do you have to support your statement? Nothing. The visa officer thinks you chose this course as an excuse so you can get a visa to enter Canada.

If you want to do a CPA, there are many such courses in your current country or in your home country, why the need to travel all the way to Canada and spend so much money for it? The visa officer also does not think that you have enough money to even support yourself while in Canada during your studies. Why would they believe you will comply with immigration rules and complete the course and return home?

What if you can't follow the course and you fail your course? What if you run out of money and cannot pay for your studies or living expenses?

This is the kind of judgement that the visa officer makes when he decides to approve your study permit or not.
Okay. Can you tell me what is a good amount to show as proof of funds?

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
Okay. Can you tell me what is a good amount to show as proof of funds?
Do you how much is your rent in Canada will cost? Bills? Food? Heating? Clothes? Transport? Do you know how much it will cost you to live in Canada? If you have enough to cover all that for the duration of your studies, then you're good.

Jibin g John

Sep 1, 2020
Canada
Category........
STUDY
Hai, I got the refusal letter as below

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status.
Applied date – 23-12-20

Biometric on- 10-01-21

Rejection on- 11-02-21

I have applied under non-sds from UAE. I am 31 years old and applied for MEng Industrial Eng. I had shown my employment history from 2012-2020 after my BTech in 2011. My working experience is related to Industrial Engineering.

I have paid first-year tuition fees+ 10,000 cad GIC (even though it’s not mandatory for non-sds).

I have given fixed accounts statement from Indian banks in my name worth 48K cad+ immovable assets inheriting father’s property worth 150K. Added to that, attached details of spouse’s partnership in one rental shop in UAE. (To show UAE ties)

Doesn’t provide any UAE bank certificates but included my salary slips+ UAE bank SAVING account statements.

My UAE employment visa is going to expire on FEB 21.

What to do?

Do I reapply from UAE with a valid visa or reapply from the home country, India under SDS

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
Hai, I got the refusal letter as below

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status.
Applied date – 23-12-20

Biometric on- 10-01-21

Rejection on- 11-02-21

I have applied under non-sds from UAE. I am 31 years old and applied for MEng Industrial Eng. I had shown my employment history from 2012-2020 after my BTech in 2011. My working experience is related to Industrial Engineering.

I have paid first-year tuition fees+ 10,000 cad GIC (even though it’s not mandatory for non-sds).

I have given fixed accounts statement from Indian banks in my name worth 48K cad+ immovable assets inheriting father’s property worth 150K. Added to that, attached details of spouse’s partnership in one rental shop in UAE. (To show UAE ties)

Doesn’t provide any UAE bank certificates but included my salary slips+ UAE bank SAVING account statements.

My UAE employment visa is going to expire on FEB 21.

What to do?

Do I reapply from UAE with a valid visa or reapply from the home country, India under SDS
Are you using a study permit to stay in Canada and not leave after your studies? It seems like it.

Smritisharma2

Mar 19, 2021
Hi , I am an international student in Canada and my husband is in India . We applied for his open work permit for second time in August , 2020 and after 8 months we got rejection on the basis of
1) I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 200 (1) of the IRPR , based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence.
2) I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay , as stipulated in subsection 200 (1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation .
3) I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay , as stipulated in subsection 200(1) of the IRPR , based on your personal assets and financial assets
please help me with what type of document they wanted
smriti sharma

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hi , I am an international student in Canada and my husband is in India . We applied for his open work permit for second time in August , 2020 and after 8 months we got rejection on the basis of
1) I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 200 (1) of the IRPR , based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence.
2) I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay , as stipulated in subsection 200 (1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation .
3) I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay , as stipulated in subsection 200(1) of the IRPR , based on your personal assets and financial assets
smriti sharma
Need more details. Age, occupation, college/uni, program level, program, savings, country

Jasmin Singh

Star Member
Jul 19, 2019
smriti sharma
Apply for GCMS notes to know the exact reason

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
Hi canuck78,

I am an international student, age 36 years from Mumbai, India accepted in MBA program for Fall 2021 of Sobey school of Business - Saint Mary's University. I am pursuing a 2nd masters and hence I am a bit worried about study permit refusal. I applied in SDS category.

Can you please assess my chances for Visa approval:

B. Science (Geology) (2006)
Master of Management Studies (MMS) - 2010 ( specialization - Marketing)
Work.ex - 12 years (general insurance)
GMAT - 600
IELTS - 8.5

I have explained clearly in SOP that I want to pursue 2nd MBA to build international network and focus on corporate finance and consulting related subjects which were subjects not covered in my earlier specialization. Also mentioned about recent policies of Govt. of India encouraging privatisation of Indian financial sector and how my education having international exposure will be beneficial for global companies who enter India.
Also, from finance side, total course fee is 44k CAD. Scholarship received - 6k CAD
I paid 1st year tuition - 29805 CAD by education loan of 34k CAD, GIC - 10,200 CAD.

Apart from payments, My finances are
Bank statement - 30k CAD,
For home ties, I am married with my wife working in IT sector in Mumbai. We have a house jointly owned in our name in Mumbai. My mother and married sister all live in Mumbai in their own homes.

Do.you see any reason for rejection of my profile as I have given sufficient reason for pursuing 2nd master and shown proper funds and home ties.
Visa officer would wonder why can't you do it in your home country. Why do you need to spend so much extra money going all the way to Canada. A business master's is available everywhere.

Clearly the course is too expensive for you and you have to take a loan in order to afford it.

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
No. But it's just picking a course out of convinence.visa officer clearly knows that the intention is just to get the visa and express entry point, the course is not the intended goal.
So what ? Do VO holding crystal balls in his hand ?

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
Do you how much is your rent in Canada will cost? Bills? Food? Heating? Clothes? Transport? Do you know how much it will cost you to live in Canada? If you have enough to cover all that for the duration of your studies, then you're good.
You are clearly misguiding people