Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
In forum I see no one is has gone or referred to what 216(1) is ? If you read below what it is , it is very clear its NOT one simple text and is referring to many other Divisions, parts, sections and sub sections. and people like jweekend are stating as its applicant mistake that he has applied for expensive course, or they have relatives in Canada or that course is available in their home country. There is something more than that which may vary from applicant to applicant possible mentioned in their GMS notes

----

Study permits

• 216 (1) Subject to subsections (2) and (3), an officer shall issue a study permit to a foreign national if, following an examination, it is established that the foreign national
    • (a) applied for it in accordance with this Part;
    • (b) will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay under Division 2 of Part 9;
    • (c) meets the requirements of this Part;
    • (d) meets the requirements of subsections 30(2) and (3), if they must submit to a medical examination under paragraph 16(2)(b) of the Act; and
    • (e) has been accepted to undertake a program of study at a designated learning institution.
  • Marginal note:Exception
    (2) Paragraph (1)(b) does not apply to persons described in section 206 and paragraphs 207(c) and (d).
  • Marginal note:Study in Quebec
    (3) An officer shall not issue a study permit to a foreign national who intends to study in the Province of Quebec — other than under a federal assistance program for developing countries — and does not hold a Certificat d’acceptation du Québec, if the laws of that Province require that the foreign national hold a Certificat d’acceptation du Québec.

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
Not at all! That is the truth and exactly how the VOs think.
You are not even good then, even if you pay the whole one year tuition fees.

sqfit

Jan 16, 2020
In forum I see no one is has gone or referred to what 216(1) is ? If you read below what it is , it is very clear its NOT one simple text and is referring to many other Divisions, parts, sections and sub sections. and people like jweekend are stating as its applicant mistake that he has applied for expensive course, or they have relatives in Canada or that course is available in their home country. There is something more than that which may vary from applicant to applicant possible mentioned in their GMS notes

----

Study permits

• 216(1) Subject to subsections (2) and (3), an officer shall issue a study permit to a foreign national if, following an examination, it is established that the foreign national
    • (a) applied for it in accordance with this Part;
    • (b) will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay under Division 2 of Part 9;
    • (c) meets the requirements of this Part;
    • (d) meets the requirements of subsections 30(2) and (3), if they must submit to a medical examination under paragraph 16(2)(b) of the Act; and
    • (e) has been accepted to undertake a program of study at a designated learning institution.
  • Marginal note:Exception
    (2) Paragraph (1)(b) does not apply to persons described in section 206 and paragraphs 207(c) and (d).
  • Marginal note:Study in Quebec
    (3) An officer shall not issue a study permit to a foreign national who intends to study in the Province of Quebec — other than under a federal assistance program for developing countries — and does not hold a Certificat d’acceptation du Québec, if the laws of that Province require that the foreign national hold a Certificat d’acceptation du Québec.
@jweekend is just stating the truth. I have been refused even though I paid full 1 year fee and had 39k for my entire stay + 2nd year tuition in Canada because the VO thought I could study the same course in my home country and not spend so much money in Canada.
What people state here are either from personal experiences or seeing what others have gotten refusals for. That is the truth with the IRCC. You cannot question anything even though so many rules are explicitly made for students to stay after studying (PGWP) and so many other routes to become a PR holder but yet you HAVE TO PROVE THAT YOU WILL LEAVE CANADA.
Its at the officers discretion if he wants to approve or not and what people (most of them) that suggest others here is to avoid refusal because no matter how straight the IRCC path looks like, it isn’t.

Reactions: wonderbly

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
@jweekend is just stating the truth. I have been refused even though I paid full 1 year fee and had 39k for my entire stay + 2nd year tuition in Canada because the VO thought I could study the same course in my home country and not spend so much money in Canada.
What people state here are either from personal experiences or seeing what others have gotten refusals for. That is the truth with the IRCC. You cannot question anything even though so many rules are explicitly made for students to stay after studying (PGWP) and so many other routes to become a PR holder but yet you HAVE TO PROVE THAT YOU WILL LEAVE CANADA.
Its at the officers discretion if he wants to approve or not and what people (most of them) that suggest others here is to avoid refusal because no matter how straight the IRCC path looks like, it isn’t.
Seems you have no idea what DUAL INTENT is.

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
Lol I know what is dual intent. It’s not always successful so people stay away from it. Good luck.
Did I say you need to use it ?

rogerdude1

Apr 24, 2021
Guys we have to understand that there are some things left out to VOs discretion knowingly. To give them a simple robotic if else logic of approval and rejection is like an easy formula for any one to exploit out there. Immigration doesn't work that way - maybe your income tax filing does, maybe your entrance examination works that way but immigration will never. It isn't an exact science, just a games of probability. Some cases have higher probability and some have lower and everyone here on this forum tries to give their best to help others based on what they in the right of their mind think is the most probable outcome of an application.

Tete

Jun 26, 2017
Egypt
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
23-06-2020
Passport Req..
20-11-2020
VISA ISSUED...
19-11-2020
Guys we have to understand that there are some things left out to VOs discretion knowingly. To give them a simple robotic if else logic of approval and rejection is like an easy formula for any one to exploit out there. Immigration doesn't work that way - maybe your income tax filing does, maybe your entrance examination works that way but immigration will never. It isn't an exact science, just a games of probability. Some cases have higher probability and some have lower and everyone here on this forum tries to give their best to help others based on what they in the right of their mind think is the most probable outcome of an application.
This is why you always hear that you have to convince a visa officer to accept your visa application, and not only show them that you are eligible.

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
I totally agree as singular and highly discretionary reason for refusal such as “I do not believe you will leave Canada at the end of your stay due to the purpose of your visit.” are there for a purpose and people over here posting as it was applicant's fault. Yes the keyword over here is convince as Tete mentioned.

But question is how you are going to convince them if the applicant's brother is a Canadian PR and parents are in home country and so as other siblings in home country and rejection comes as

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

despite being a SDS applicant as if VO has crystal ball at his desk.

altctrdelighted

Star Member
Dec 17, 2020
I totally agree as singular and highly discretionary reason for refusal such as “I do not believe you will leave Canada at the end of your stay due to the purpose of your visit.” are there for a purpose and people over here posting as it was applicant's fault. Yes the keyword over here is convince as Tete mentioned.

But question is how you are going to convince them if the applicant's brother is a Canadian PR and parents are in home country and so as other siblings in home country and rejection comes as

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

Valid question.
My solution is to write the best SOP you can. If that doesn't work then reapply via a Canadian immigration lawyer (not consultant). If that also doesn't work then go for a JR. You have to keep 7-8k CAD aside for this process.

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
Valid question.
My solution is to write the best SOP you can. If that doesn't work then reapply via a Canadian immigration lawyer (not consultant). If that also doesn't work then go for a JR. You have to keep 7-8k CAD aside for this process.

Yep applied for GCMS notes to get insight what are the VO's notes. I rarely doubt JR would make any difference unless you have a great lawyer perhaps, as what they are doing is not against the law. Law has provided them these teeth to VOs

rogerdude1

Apr 24, 2021

That is a bit complicated but not an unsolvable situation. Think about how your parents matter to you. Is there something different about you and their relation from any other average applicant (may be a single parent as was my case or a business that you are interested in carrying forward etc etc). Think with a cool mind after reading your GCMS I am sure you'll come up with something reasonable and convincing enough. You should be through with second application after a few of these touch-ups.

Reactions: canada11

Adwoasefa

Jul 16, 2021
I’m 18 years old and I haven’t been accepted to study Bachelor of Arts at Mount Saint Vincent University in Halifax.
My study was just refused because of two reasons
1) I couldn’t proof I’ll leave to my home country based on
1)My purpose of visit
2)My personal assets and Financial Status
I made it pretty clear that my Aunt is sponsoring me and has 100k cad funds in her account which according to the Canadian requirements is more than enough. I also attached the certificate of a land my dad bought for me.
Below is the Letter of explanation I got denied of.

LETTER OF EXPLANATION

I am Abena Dwomoh applying for a student visa in Canada. I have been accepted at Mount Saint Vincent University to study a 3 year Bachelor of Arts degree.
During my high school years I made research about countries that will be suitable for me to study . From my research ,I found Canada to be a very peaceful and much suitable place for me. This was because Canada is a home for aboriginal people and one of the highest selling point of education with a worldwide reputation of commitment to excellence. Canadian instituitions consistently ranked among the best in the world and qualifications are accepted, valued and recognized internationally. The teaching and study method used in Canada gives one creativity to improve upon skills and confidence. The cost of living in Canada is very moderate and have a low crime rate which makes a society peaceful to live in.
I chose to sudy at Mount Saint Vincent University due to their education system which is known to be multicultural with students all over the world. As far as quality training program is concerned, the institute has good standing remarks in delivering service excellence. I believe it can provide me a much healthier understanding and a better grasp on how to deal and supervise people physically, mentally and emotionally.
My entire family lives in Ghana and I hope to settle there after I compelete my studies in Canada. I will pursue a career as an Operations Manager in Ghana after my degree .
Can you help me correct the mistakes I made. And what do you think I should add

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
I’m 18 years old and I haven’t been accepted to study Bachelor of Arts at Mount Saint Vincent University in Halifax.
1)My purpose of visit
I made it pretty clear that my Aunt is sponsoring me and has 100k cad funds in her account which according to the Canadian requirements is more than enough. I also attached the certificate of a land my dad bought for me.

LETTER OF EXPLANATION

I am Abena Dwomoh applying for a student visa in Canada. I have been accepted at Mount Saint Vincent University to study a 3 year Bachelor of Arts degree.
During my high school years I made research about countries that will be suitable for me to study . From my research ,I found Canada to be a very peaceful and much suitable place for me. This was because Canada is a home for aboriginal people and one of the highest selling point of education with a worldwide reputation of commitment to excellence. Canadian instituitions consistently ranked among the best in the world and qualifications are accepted, valued and recognized internationally. The teaching and study method used in Canada gives one creativity to improve upon skills and confidence. The cost of living in Canada is very moderate and have a low crime rate which makes a society peaceful to live in.
I chose to sudy at Mount Saint Vincent University due to their education system which is known to be multicultural with students all over the world. As far as quality training program is concerned, the institute has good standing remarks in delivering service excellence. I believe it can provide me a much healthier understanding and a better grasp on how to deal and supervise people physically, mentally and emotionally.
My entire family lives in Ghana and I hope to settle there after I compelete my studies in Canada. I will pursue a career as an Operations Manager in Ghana after my degree .
This LOE is quite bad, but it's not the reason you were refused.
Did you pay 1st year tuition fee?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
1)My purpose of visit

LETTER OF EXPLANATION

Your SOP is very poorly written. What does aboriginal people have to to with your, your program and your career. So your aunt wants to use almost all her savings for your education. Tuition is $20k per year so $60k not including living expenses of another $10-20K per year. So the program is $90-100k. Do you have any personal funds that are you or your immediate family. Order GCMS notes.

Reactions: wonderbly