+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VIRTUAL HEARING EXPERIANCE

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Dear Seniors and all members,

Today i had my 2nd hearing (virtual hearing) member was very kind and polite it lasted only 45 min including introduction and closing, apart of 2 question from Narrative member mainly focused on IFA which i replied in detail and then my lawyer submitted his remarks to cover everything regarding IFA she said she will send me answer soon.

How do you see this, is it positive?
Good that you were able to defend IFA, incl your lawyer's submission. It looks positive indication, in my opinion, but its up to member to give final decision..

N G

Feb 13, 2021
Time until you get NOD is extremely variable and partially depends on what member you had. Some of them are very quick with their decisions and are up to date with their paperwork while some take months. 2 weeks would be the earliest you will hear but don't panic if you don't hear in 2 weeks.
Thank you for the expalnation

Samosami

Feb 6, 2021
Don't worry. I was in your situation and I got the positive decision on hearing without any break. There was only two questions about my case and I answered. The hearing lasted about 45 minutes only. I was worried because my case was selected for file review but it changed to virtual hearing. It was easier than I expected. Where are you from bro?
I had the same case, how long did it take for your notice of decision to arrive in the mail

Star_hoor

Star Member
Mar 8, 2021
Hello everyone,
Today I received my positive decision electronically through my counsel.
My hearing was scheduled for March 13 and the member made her decision on March 18 and they sent the electronic version of the NOD to my counsel through MyCase Portal and mailed it to me and my counsel. I have not received the mail yet but I am going to apply for my health card and PR ASAP with this electronic version.
I hope everyone gets their positive decision soon.
Here the timeline for my case:
1. Made the claim in June 2019.
2. Got a "less complex" letter a few months later.
3. Then nothing until December 2019 when I called IRB and they said they have decided to have a short hearing.
4. Then Covid hit in March and nothing for almost 9 months later
5. 3 months ago I received a Notice to Appear letter.
6. March 13 was the hearing and the member did not make a decision. The fact that she did not make a decision at the hearing was extremely stressful.
7. I called IRB multiple times and first week after hearing they had no updates. Second week they said that they had a decision but sent it to a third party company for transcription. Third week I called they said to wait.
8. Finally I received the electronic NOD today April 6. So totally it took almost 3 weeks.

From the day I made a claim until today it took almost 1 year and 8 months.
Congratulations

How did you get the electronic NOD? Email?

Jahangir1234

Star Member
Apr 16, 2018
Are they sending it via email these days?
One of the lawyer says that it comes only by mail and they don't use email option.

zak86

Nov 13, 2019
Are they sending it via email these days?
One of the lawyer says that it comes only by mail and they don't use email option.
No first they update in an online portal which is in your counsel's control and mail at same time too but the electronic update came right away however letter took 5 to 8 days.

Jahangir1234

Star Member
Apr 16, 2018
No first they update in an online portal which is in your counsel's control and mail at same time too but the electronic update came right away however letter took 5 to 8 days.
Thank you for your response.
And normally how long does it take this email to receive?

Deffy2016

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2016
AOR Received.
SA received March 15 2016
File Transfer...
March 24 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
November 2015
Passport Req..
October 24th 2016
My brother received his NOD on Friday. It was mailed to him with other application form to apply for his CSQ (only for those in QC). His hearing was on March 23rd.

farsxp

Apr 19, 2019
Guys is there a deadline to apply for PR after getting a positive decision? I am short on money and the PR app is expensive. I am not able to apply for PR at least for the next couple of months.

Fiza.ali24

Dec 23, 2020
Guys is there a deadline to apply for PR after getting a positive decision? I am short on money and the PR app is expensive. I am not able to apply for PR at least for the next couple of months.
Can you kindly tell me how much is the fees for a main applicant and a dependant?