+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VIRTUAL HEARING EXPERIANCE

Zana Ali

Star Member
Mar 14, 2021
I mean in the Notice you received for the Hearing , what was the Title , for example for me it is "Notice to Appear for a Virtual Short Hearing for your Refugee Protection Claim "
What was Yours? , is it similar?
Did you get notice to appear hearing?

Jon0003

Star Member
Feb 6, 2021
Hey y'all, Just came here to update you all. I was also the one who created this sub forum. I got my decision today and it was positive. y lawyer told me to give it few days for the mail copy.

Reactions: Chimurenga 4

farsxp

Apr 19, 2019
Hey y'all, Just came here to update you all. I was also the one who created this sub forum. I got my decision today and it was positive. y lawyer told me to give it few days for the mail copy.
Congratulations! I wish you a happy prosperious life!
Did your lawyer get the decision electronically?

Jon0003

Star Member
Feb 6, 2021
yeah my lawyer helped me like alot, every time I have a question all I had to do was just email him or one of his colleagues, they would ask me to call if it is a big thing, either way I communicated them about everything via email. And today he emailed me the decision copy and wished me a good life.

Thanks, and you too

Reactions: Simba112

4emad4

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Feb2020 applicant here My case was considered under less complex file review on January 2021 I received a mail today notice for a short hearing July the 7th I know it’s because of lack of evidence that I couldn’t provide to proof my story gay middle eastern here. To be honest I’m scared lol it said in the paper they could decide to go without hearing before 10 days of the hearing but that unlikely is it ?

Reactions: rash2022

radvin2020

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
Feb2020 applicant here My case was considered under less complex file review on January 2021 I received a mail today notice for a short hearing July the 7th I know it’s because of lack of evidence that I couldn’t provide to proof my story gay middle eastern here. To be honest I’m scared lol it said in the paper they could decide to go without hearing before 10 days of the hearing but that unlikely is it ?
Don't worry. I was in your situation and I got the positive decision on hearing without any break. There was only two questions about my case and I answered. The hearing lasted about 45 minutes only. I was worried because my case was selected for file review but it changed to virtual hearing. It was easier than I expected. Where are you from bro?

4emad4

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Don't worry. I was in your situation and I got the positive decision on hearing without any break. There was only two questions about my case and I answered. The hearing lasted about 45 minutes only. I was worried because my case was selected for file review but it changed to virtual hearing. It was easier than I expected. Where are you from bro?
Saudi Arabia

N G

Feb 13, 2021
I had a virtual hearing yesterday. The member was very serious and she said she has not made a decision and will inform it by mail. it took about 2h 30 with a 10 min break. She did not even turn her face from her screen to the camera. I am very stressed and can not focus on any thing ! How long will it take to get the decision? My lawyer told me about 2 weeks.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I had a virtual hearing yesterday. The member was very serious and she said she has not made a decision and will inform it by mail. it took about 2h 30 with a 10 min break. She did not even turn her face from her screen to the camera. I am very stressed and can not focus on any thing ! How long will it take to get the decision? My lawyer told me about 2 weeks.
dont be stressed about member’s expression. Members make decision from your testimony, evidence and NDP etc. Hopeful you’ll get positive decision.

Reactions: N G

N G

Feb 13, 2021
dont be stressed about member’s expression. Members make decision from your testimony, evidence and NDP etc. Hopeful you’ll get positive decision.
Thank you so much. I should stay positive and wait for NOD

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Time until you get NOD is extremely variable and partially depends on what member you had. Some of them are very quick with their decisions and are up to date with their paperwork while some take months. 2 weeks would be the earliest you will hear but don't panic if you don't hear in 2 weeks.

Reactions: N G

DamnYouDaria

Star Member
Aug 20, 2020
Yukon
Category........
Other
I called the IRB last week. No update and they told me that their time table is around 3 months. My case is in the Western Division.