+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VIRTUAL HEARING EXPERIANCE

farsxp

Apr 19, 2019
Can you kindly tell me how much is the fees for a main applicant and a dependant?
$550 for each applicant (main applicant and spouse each $550 processing fee) and $150 for each child. If one member of family has not done biometrics add biometrics fees too!

Reactions: Fiza.ali24

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi guys!

I’ve been avidly following these threats to put myself at ease as I was prepping for my hearing and I know how much they help so I thought I would share my experience:

I sought Asylum August 2019.
Submitted BOC and all in quarantine.
Was asked to submit all my supporting documents for the less complex claims process Dec 2019.
Then I was asked to come for a hearing today (20 April) at the end of February.
My lawyer thought I needed more evidence so I sent in stuff 2 weeks ago.
The yesterday we noticed some mistakes and submitted corrections to my documents.
Hand my hearing today and it lasted an hour. We took a 15 minute break and by then I knew the outcome coz things had been going smooth. After the break she (the member) told me she was ready to make a decision and it was positive and she read her reasons and we celebrated!

It has been such a gruesome wait. The anxiety of sending more documents. Having conflicting opinions with my lawyer on that and just worrying about the what if but it paid off. My advice to all those waiting is BE PREPARED! Members know your situation very well and they expect the same of you. Do the work guys and have faith! Thank you to everyone who has shared on the forum too.
Congratulation Lalila...

Refuge

Star Member
Oct 26, 2017
Hi guys!

I’ve been avidly following these threats to put myself at ease as I was prepping for my hearing and I know how much they help so I thought I would share my experience:

I sought Asylum August 2019.
Was asked to submit all my supporting documents for the less complex claims process Dec 2019.
The yesterday we noticed some mistakes and submitted corrections to my documents.
Hand my hearing today and it lasted an hour. We took a 15 minute break and by then I knew the outcome coz things had been going smooth. After the break she (the member) told me she was ready to make a decision and it was positive and she read her reasons and we celebrated!

It has been such a gruesome wait. The anxiety of sending more documents. Having conflicting opinions with my lawyer on that and just worrying about the what if but it paid off. My advice to all those waiting is BE PREPARED! Members know your situation very well and they expect the same of you. Do the work guys and have faith! Thank you to everyone who has shared on the forum too.
Congratulations

Lalina

Apr 20, 2021
Hi guys! (Corrected date errors)

I’ve been avidly following these threads to put myself at ease as I was prepping for my hearing and I know how much they help so I thought I would share my experience:

I sought Asylum August 2020
Was asked to submit all my supporting documents for the less complex claims process Dec 2020.
Then yesterday we noticed some mistakes and submitted corrections to my documents.
I had my hearing today and it lasted an hour. We took a 15 minute break and by then I knew the outcome coz things had been going smooth. After the break she (the member) told me she was ready to make a decision and it was positive and she read her reasons and we celebrated!

zak86

Nov 13, 2019

I’ve been avidly following these threads to put myself at ease as I was prepping for my hearing and I know how much they help so I thought I would share my experience:

Was asked to submit all my supporting documents for the less complex claims process Dec 2020.
Then yesterday we noticed some mistakes and submitted corrections to my documents.
I had my hearing today and it lasted an hour. We took a 15 minute break and by then I knew the outcome coz things had been going smooth. After the break she (the member) told me she was ready to make a decision and it was positive and she read her reasons and we celebrated!

Congratulations but wondering did you get the claimant id? if yes so when and how as there are many people who submitted in march April 2020 they even didn't get claimant id yet? wondering you attend the hearing ..

Lalina

Apr 20, 2021
Congratulations but wondering did you get the claimant id? if yes so when and how as there are many people who submitted in march April 2020 they even didn't get claimant id yet? wondering you attend the hearing ..
Thank you! I got my claimant ID right there and then when I claimed at the boarder. My lawyer was also surprised I got it as well but I guess I just got lucky

Reactions: zak86

Star_hoor

Star Member
Mar 8, 2021
Hello everyone,

I had a virtual hearing on April, 20 at 9:00 a.m.

It was a very difficult and breathtaking moment. The member was so serious and accurate. He asked me thousands of questions about my education, job, family, religion and happenings. He asked exactly about each Sentence in my narration letter.

We started at 9 to 10:10, then 10 min break, we started again at 10:20 to 11:20 a.m.
After 20 min break, Fortunately, he gave us a positive decision.

Timeline: (20 months)
  1. Claim submitted August 2019, Toronto
  2. Received request for documents under less complex claims - October 2019
  3. Submitted my documents - November, 6, 2019
  4. Received hearing appointment letter - February 21st, 2021
  5. Hearing and decision - April 20, 2021

Thanks to everyone who shared their experience in this forum.

Refuge

Star Member
Oct 26, 2017
Hello everyone,

I had a virtual hearing on April, 20 at 9:00 a.m.

It was a very difficult and breathtaking moment. The member was so serious and accurate. He asked me thousands of questions about my education, job, family, religion and happenings. He asked exactly about each Sentence in my narration letter.

We started at 9 to 10:10, then 10 min break, we started again at 10:20 to 11:20 a.m.
After 20 min break, Fortunately, he gave us a positive decision.

Timeline: (20 months)
  1. Claim submitted August 2019, Toronto
  2. Received request for documents under less complex claims - October 2019
  3. Submitted my documents - November, 6, 2019
  4. Received hearing appointment letter - February 21st, 2021
  5. Hearing and decision - April 20, 2021

Thanks to everyone who shared their experience in this forum.
Congratulations

Reactions: Star_hoor

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Congratulations! You may have felt like it was a gruesome wait but you went through one of the fastest processing I have seen in a while. Covid has certainly helped get through the backlog of cases especially the less complex cases. Many others have routinely waited 2-3 years and still may be waiting.

Reactions: Lalina

zak86

Nov 13, 2019
I wish you luck but why you attend two hearings!
It seems weird to me.
it is quite normal my friend attended 2 hearings too in January and both hearings were more than 3 hours with 10 minutes break.. but finally he got positive decision after 2 weeks

4emad4

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
I received on March a mail for my short virtual hearing for July the 7th today I received the same mail but the date changed to the 27th of August is this normal !

May 7, 2021
I called IRB and operator says that your case worker will call you in 3 days, now its 3rd day but haven't received any call, is there any other number where we could get the update same time?

May 7, 2021
it is quite normal my friend attended 2 hearings too in January and both hearings were more than 3 hours with 10 minutes break.. but finally he got positive decision after 2 weeks
Congratulation, got the NOD in two weeks is very quick, lucky you are. Best wishes for your future