+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Applicants

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Mark_Anna said:
Hello Citizenship Friends,

I didn't get any invitation for test yet. My local office is Vancouver. I changed my legal name which they did on e-cas too but didn't get test letter yet. Any Idea?

Thanks
My Time line as under:

Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 22, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 22, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on June 27, 2014.

We sent you a letter on July 7, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
What documents were asked when the letter was sent on July 7th 2014?

nadalowna

Apr 30, 2014
I thought my case was processing so fast but here i am still waiting for my oath date.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 14, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 14, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on March 27, 2014.

We sent you a notice on July 18, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 19, 2014 at 10:02 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

I called CIC they said there is no problem with the case. The agent said The processing time is normally up to 24 months. lol

Juney

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A case of misfiling???24 mos. normally???While mostly are done in 6mos. nowadays. We can only assume of the reasons for these delays 'coz there aren't any clear explanations. ???

dudleyyvr

Nov 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yeh it sucks . LAZY ASS CIC is the only explanation i can give it :mad:

From www . cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/cit-processing.asp :
"The table below shows the processing time from receipt of application to finalization for 80 percent of cases processed between October 1, 2013 and September 30, 2014:

Routine citizenship applications : 24 months
Non-routine citizenship applications : 36 months
"

dudleyyvr

Nov 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i swear when I sent my application the times were more moderate (ie, 8-14months). They can just change these times at will.. so easy to change the site based on how lazy they want to feel because they have no accountability to us applicants that they're doing their best.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nadalowna said:
I thought my case was processing so fast but here i am still waiting for my oath date.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 14, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 14, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on March 27, 2014.

We sent you a notice on July 18, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 19, 2014 at 10:02 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

I called CIC they said there is no problem with the case. The agent said The processing time is normally up to 24 months. lol
you gotta contact your MP after 5 months mark, which is january 19 if you still hear nothing. It is not normal to wait for more than 5 months, and they r instructed applicants that oath will be 3-5 after passing test.

gd luck

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Juney said:
A case of misfiling???24 mos. normally???While mostly are done in 6mos. nowadays. We can only assume of the reasons for these delays 'coz there aren't any clear explanations. ???
I don't think _most_ of the cases are complete in 6 months. I believe those are rare cases..

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
yyzhuang said:
I don't think _most_ of the cases are complete in 6 months. I believe those are rare cases..
6 months if you look like Brian or Rob. If you look like Chan, Ali, Bramjit, etc., it's going to take sometimes. ;D

dudleyyvr

Nov 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BLT said:
6 months if you look like Brian or Rob. If you look like Chan, Ali, Bramjit, etc., it's going to take sometimes. ;D
lol. Thats why all of us indians and asians have english versions of our names.

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
Now the waiting feels longer because it is winter. When Spring comes, 6 months would feel like 1 month. :p

Juney

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No longer rare on the last quarter of this year. Mostly cases processed on May and later this year, have their applications completed in 6mos. That wasn't the case with applications submitted last year. But the current trend now is on a faster pace.

dudleyyvr

Nov 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
all quiet at CIC this week it seems...candy sucking slackers.
been 3 mths (Sept24) and not an oath invite yet. Oh well... look forward to the new year as a Canadian Citizen.

Happily Merry Christmas and Merrily Happy New Year too

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hamedsilent said:
Well, Finally got the oath today. So happy. Scheduled for January 6th. I guess, I was just on waiting list for next year. :) :)
CONGRAZ!!!
when did the letter issue by CIC? thanks