+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Applicants

Deepak K

Star Member
Jan 27, 2010
Hi All

My file is Transferred to Vancouver Office.

How much time it takes to get Test invite from Vancouver Office on Average ?

Thanks

Juney

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Within 3mos. Sometimes less or more. They have been exceptionally faster now with newer applications. They usually send your test invite a month before the scheduled date. Who knows, you might get one in the mail in few days.

dudleyyvr

Nov 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Happy New Year.

I had my test Sept 24. at that time, the citizenship officer told me everything was fine and gave me a letter that said 2-3 for next step (the Oath ceremony).

I called CIC Call center today and the fella (he was very polite) said they had a lot of cases recently to schedule and due to the delays, they are now up to 6 months so please wait and if i havent heard in march, call them and they can take steps to expedite.

We've come so far so what harm in being nice good Citizens and waiting and appreciating they have a heavy load.

Juney

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yep. We'll just be patiently waiting while applications after us are getting done in an instant.

dudleyyvr

Nov 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sure - it's only a problem if you let yourself get irritated by it.

For me, I'm not sure in what huge way life is going to change anyway for PR resident, once the color of their passport changes... What's the diff anyway So why the panic? We waited a decade to come this far. PR gave us most of the comforts we immigrated for.

Anyways, to each his own. Peace.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dudleyyvr said:
Happy New Year.

I had my test Sept 24. at that time, the citizenship officer told me everything was fine and gave me a letter that said 2-3 for next step (the Oath ceremony).

I called CIC Call center today and the fella (he was very polite) said they had a lot of cases recently to schedule and due to the delays, they are now up to 6 months so please wait and if i havent heard in march, call them and they can take steps to expedite.

We've come so far so what harm in being nice good Citizens and waiting and appreciating they have a heavy load.
a guy wrote test in late oct finished oath in dec 19, so it all depends on luck

wannabe_ca

Jan 4, 2015
Hi fellow wannabe Canadians from Vancouver! I decided to join you and share my timeline with you.
I applied from Montreal but after receiving the letter of acknowledgement, i relocated to Vancouver in September.
I changed my address and called them to check all is ok. They told me that it can take up to 3 months to transfer the file from one office to another, and yet there is no guarantee that i will be transferred (its up to them to decide). So since then no updates at all.

Wandering if anyone has had the same experience? How long it takes to get the test date in Vancouver after receiving the letter of acknowledgement?

Thanks!

---------------
Application received: Apr 02, 2014
In process: May 15, 2014
Received line gone in ecas: Aug 29, 2014

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Dear Friends,

This is my timeline. My local office is Vancouver. No letter for test yet, any idea? I already sent them all documents, what they want & they even change my name on e-cas (It was name change documents)......

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 22, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 22, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on June 27, 2014.

We sent you a letter on July 7, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
this thread is so quiet!!!
anyone who hasnt received oath lette, please come share timeline so we can all wait together!! any support is appreciated!

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is my timeline. Called CIC and they informed me that my file has been transferred to Vancouver office and I am in queue for test invite. Haven't heard anything from Vancouver office though.

Date Sent => 14-AUG-2014
Date Received => 18-AUG-2014
Processing Started =>16-OCT-2014
Rcvd Line disappeared =>24-OCT-2014
AOR via Mail => 14-NOV-2014
Test Date =>
Oath Date =>

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OP_POP said:
This is my timeline. Called CIC and they informed me that my file has been transferred to Vancouver office and I am in queue for test invite. Haven't heard anything from Vancouver office though.

Date Sent => 14-AUG-2014
Date Received => 18-AUG-2014
Processing Started =>16-OCT-2014
Rcvd Line disappeared =>24-OCT-2014
AOR via Mail => 14-NOV-2014
Test Date =>
Oath Date =>
u should receive sth this month and test next month.