+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Applicants

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
Dear Vancouverites,

I see that we are a minority here :) and that is why I thought of initiating this thread to gather more info related to the timeline of our Vancouver office.

Apparently some offices in the east are finishing applications within only 4-5 months!! How about our office?

Can everyone share his timeline here?

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
My timeline:

Received: 24th October 2013.
Sent the letter and the book: 24th October 2013.
Started processing: 23rd January 2014.

charmed10-2013

Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thank you for this thread oct13 ;D

my timeline is:

Application sent: Oct 8, 2013
Application Received: Oct 16, 2013
AOR & Discover Canada: Oct 16, 2013
In Process: Jan 21, 2014

Waiting for the handbook and AOR letter :)

charmed10-2013

Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are right Oct13, we are minority here. So we have to work together to keep this thread going, to give us a better grasp of Vancouver Office Processing Timeline :)

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had test on jan 21, now still waiting.
See my signature for timeline.
If you received an RQ, then you would be in the same situation as me...waiting!!!!

charmed10-2013

Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello nguyentu2001,

when did you get your RQ? before the Discover Canada Handbook? Or after?

Thanks.

Wish you will have your Oath sooooonn..

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
nguyentu2001 said:
I had test on jan 21, now still waiting.
See my signature for timeline.
If you received an RQ, then you would be in the same situation as me...waiting!!!!
Some offices in the east are having very short period between receiving the application to the test. Some applicants from October 2013 had their tests!

Have you heard of such new trend in Vancouver? Or do you expect that might happen?!

charmed10-2013

Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oct13 said:
Some offices in the east are having very short period between receiving the application to the test. Some applicants from October 2013 had their tests!

Have you heard of such new trend in Vancouver? Or do you expect that might happen?!
i think it is getting faster. not as fast as offices in the east. but i have a friend who applied in Oct 2012, got AOR Sep 2013. that's almost a year to get an AOR. somehow we get ours in 3 mos. that's already a good sign. :D

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
But the AOR is probably sent by the central office not the local one! If that is true, then it is a sign whether or not the Vancouver office has gone faster!

charmed10-2013

Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh sorry for confusion. I meant from AOR to In Process :D

it used to be around a year for your file to be in process, but now it takes 2-4 mos.

as per cic website, in process means:

Application In Process
Your file has been sent to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) office closest to your home for processing.

The CIC office will complete the necessary steps for a citizenship judge to make a decision on your application. If additional information or documents are needed, the CIC office will contact you.

If you are between the ages of 18 and 54, you will have to write the citizenship test. The citizenship test will determine if you meet the language and knowledge requirements for citizenship. You will be notified by mail about the time and place of your test. Once you receive your acknowledgment letter and the booklet called Discover Canada by mail, you should begin to study for the test. Applicants who are 55 years old or older and minors are not required to take the citizenship test.

An interview with a citizenship judge may also be required. Should this be necessary, you will be notified by mail about the time and place of your interview.

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
"In process" was discussed here in the form before. Contrary to CIC, it does not mean that the file is transferred to the local office! It used to be, but not anymore.

I called CIC a week ago and the agent told me that mine is not transferred yet, although it appears "In process"!

charmed10-2013

Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oct13 said:
"In process" was discussed here in the form before. Contrary to CIC, it does not mean that the file is transferred to the local office! It used to be, but not anymore.

I called CIC a week ago and the agent told me that mine is not transferred yet, although it appears "In process"!
With due respect to CIC call centre, I think it is trying its best to accommodate all the calls and inquiries, however I believe that the call centre is designed to answer FAQ, so they give you standard answer to standard question. I do not think they can really tell you the details of your own case. So when you give them a date when you sent your application, they will give you a standard answer of your file still being in the Central Office, by roughly calculating based on the date you've given.

Personally, I choose to believe that what's on the website is true. Hopefully, we get test notice from the Vancouver office soon too :)

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
charmed10-2013 said:
hello nguyentu2001,

when did you get your RQ? before the Discover Canada Handbook? Or after?

Thanks.

Wish you will have your Oath sooooonn..
before i got the book of course

pls see below
Applied in 2011
Got RQ in 2012 but the mail was lost
Got final request for RQ again in Feb 2013.
Submitted RQ in March
Got letter to appear test Jan 09,14
Test taken Jan 21,2014. Vancouver
Passed test and interviewed with CIC Officer
Now waiting