+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Applicants

canucksrig

Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hamedsilent said:
Well, Finally got the oath today. So happy. Scheduled for January 6th. I guess, I was just on waiting list for next year. :) :)
Many congratulations! Finally the wait is over!u4g5 you are in line for the grabs!!!

Juney

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratz hamedsilent. Hope we who are also waiting for long, will get ours this week. We'll see.

nadalowna

Apr 30, 2014
hamedsilent said:
Well, Finally got the oath today. So happy. Scheduled for January 6th. I guess, I was just on waiting list for next year. :) :)
Congrats!
My test was 8/19 so hopefully fingers are crossed!!!!!!!!!

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Hello Citizenship Friends,
Any one else waiting like me for a long time?
This is my time line:

Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 22, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 22, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on June 27, 2014.

We sent you a letter on July 7, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

raymasa

Star Member
Apr 12, 2014
Mark_Anna said:
This is my time line:

Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 22, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 22, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We sent you a letter on July 7, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Are you still waiting for the letter sent on July 7th? If so, you may want to contact CIC.

They received my application on March 12th, still no test date

Ray

Pel

Jan 31, 2014
Mark_Anna said:
This is my time line:

Citizenship

Application received on March 11, 2014
Process started on April 17
no test date yet..

Juney

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Called CIC today, still no oath invite, meanwhile some Nov. test takers are already scheduled for oath. :-\

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
No with regards to that letter I sent them documents and they changed also my name because it was name change request, now just waiting for the test letter?

lilbabu

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2011
AOR Received.
27-04-2012
Med's Request
27-04-2012
Passport Req..
18-09-2012
LANDED..........
06-10-2012
Hi All, I have a question. I am eligible for application of citizenship in February 2015. I have been in Canada for over 7 years and landed as a PR in 2012. During 2011-2013 period, I have made quite a few trips to the US, around 20 -25 times, mostly shopping day trips. Now I am wondering if those day trips will impact me . I am planning to submit my application at 1098 days. Do I need to accumulate more days? I am just afraid the new bill will come into effect early so that I will have to wait for another two years.

Please advise!

Thanks!!!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
lilbabu said:
Hi All, I have a question. I am eligible for application of citizenship in February 2015. I have been in Canada for over 7 years and landed as a PR in 2012. During 2011-2013 period, I have made quite a few trips to the US, around 20 -25 times, mostly shopping day trips. Now I am wondering if those day trips will impact me . I am planning to submit my application at 1098 days. Do I need to accumulate more days? I am just afraid the new bill will come into effect early so that I will have to wait for another two years.

Please advise!

Thanks!!!
Same day trips do not need to be declared. The overall application is assessed by the citizenship officer. Trips outside canada is is not only the only factor for assessing the application. Your employment and other ties to canada plays major role as well. Give atleast 2-3 weeks buffer to be on safer side

raymasa

Star Member
Apr 12, 2014
Mark_Anna said:
No with regards to that letter I sent them documents and they changed also my name because it was name change request, now just waiting for the test letter?
Ah, if they asked you for update of documents, that is a good sign, they are working on your application.

Pel, it really looks like you and I are the only one from March who haven't received a test date yet. I am starting to wonder if they have lost our files. Although the call centre keeps telling me otherwise.

Ray

Pel

Jan 31, 2014
raymasa said:
Ah, if they asked you for update of documents, that is a good sign, they are working on your application.

Pel, it really looks like you and I are the only one from March who haven't received a test date yet. I am starting to wonder if they have lost our files. Although the call centre keeps telling me otherwise.

Ray
no clue, Ray
getting ready for the worst..

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anyone is attending jan 12/2015 oath ceremony??That's the latest ceremony date on CIC website.
if so, could you share when did you write the test?
Thanks.
Happy New Year, Vancouver PPL!