+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Applicants

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
I think there are many teams processing the applications. Basically the system doesn't make difference based on the look of your face, but some officers just seem to push applicants that look the same with him/her first. Of course every application is unique on it's own, but one guy here, I think PEL, his wife got test first even applied 3 months later. Looks like his wife's application is being processed by a team that doesn't bring personal taste to work.

pedros

Star Member
Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BLT said:
I think there are many teams processing the applications. Basically the system doesn't make difference based on the look of your face, but some officers just seem to push applicants that look the same with him/her first. Of course every application is unique on it's own, but one guy here, I think PEL, his wife got test first even applied 3 months later. Looks like his wife's application is being processed by a team that doesn't bring personal taste to work.
I just don't get these assumptions that there is some mysterious and bias criteria the Citizenship Officers personally use in order to determine the ordering of processing of candidates, even if that is something they individually have control over. How about a another explanation with PEL is that his application is being processed under the old CIC workflow and his wife is being processed under the new "more efficient" one-step processing workflow that CIC introduced on Aug 1st (given she is a May applicant her application was likely started processing around that time). Or may be there is political motivation coming from higher up for newer candidates to be processed quicker after Bill C-24 was passed back in June, so the Conservatives can turnaround and say "hey look how quick candidates are being processed since our bill came into law". I could definitely believe that.

These are all reasonable but then I am making assumptions as well. Like with the majority of governmental departments around the world, (unless you have some inside knowledge) the best you can do is to assume our applications go into some black hole, where there are inefficiencies, politics, red tape and bureaucracy, and hope they come out the other end with a result that we want. Anything else is just conjecture.

Pel

Jan 31, 2014
pedros said:
I just don't get these assumptions that there is some mysterious and bias criteria the Citizenship Officers personally use in order to determine the ordering of processing of candidates, even if that is something they individually have control over. How about a another explanation with PEL is that his application is being processed under the old CIC workflow and his wife is being processed under the new "more efficient" one-step processing workflow that CIC introduced on Aug 1st (given she is a May applicant her application was likely started processing around that time). Or may be there is political motivation coming from higher up for newer candidates to be processed quicker after Bill C-24 was passed back in June, so the Conservatives can turnaround and say "hey look how quick candidates are being processed since our bill came into law". I could definitely believe that.

These are all reasonable but then I am making assumptions as well. Like with the majority of governmental departments around the world, (unless you have some inside knowledge) the best you can do is to assume our applications go into some black hole, where there are inefficiencies, politics, red tape and bureaucracy, and hope they come out the other end with a result that we want. Anything else is just conjecture.
Hi Pedros. I more likely bow to the opinion that my application is being processed under the old CIC workflow and I hope that is the real reason. CIC has significantly increased the application processing speed in the middle of 2014. My wife had applied on late May and her process was started on July 30. Our applications look exactly the same unless she is a female.

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
pedros said:

Many people that applied in the same month with PEL already traveling with Canadian passport.

raymasa

Star Member
Apr 12, 2014
pedros said:
How about a another explanation with PEL is that his application is being processed under the old CIC workflow and his wife is being processed under the new "more efficient" one-step processing workflow that CIC introduced on Aug 1st (given she is a May applicant her application was likely started processing around that time). Or may be there is political motivation coming from higher up for newer candidates to be processed quicker after Bill C-24 was passed back in June, so the Conservatives can turnaround and say "hey look how quick candidates are being processed since our bill came into law". I could definitely believe that.
I think there is credence to this explanation. They did the same thing a few years ago with PR applications. When they changed the rules, they put resources in processing new applications quickly, which meant the older applications were delayed even more. So I buy that as a possible reason.

And while I think they should process application on first come, first serve basis, they increased the fee in February, and if they are going to give preference to people who paid more fees, then everyone after the fee increase should be getting faster process, not just those after August. Having said that, I have no issues with people, even those who paid less fee, who applied before I did getting process before me. I also have no issues with people who applied after me getting processed faster. I am happy for them. But frustrated with lack of information from CIC, whose call centre agents keep telling me there are no issues with my application, just waiting for test date, yet others are getting test dates. Why is that not on first come, first serve. If my application is ready to be assigned a test date, why are people who applied after me, getting test dates and not me? If there is an issue with the application, just tell me so I can fix it.

In addition to the above possible explanation, I still believe that there is no accountability of how agents process the applications. Some are quick, others not so much. I think CIC really needs to bring some accountability as well as transparency to the process.

I don't think the slowness for some applications is due to bigotry, birth country or anything like that. I think it is fundamentally an issue of inefficiency due to lack of accountability and transparency.

Ray

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
raymasa said:
I think there is credence to this explanation. They did the same thing a few years ago with PR applications. When they changed the rules, they put resources in processing new applications quickly, which meant the older applications were delayed even more. So I buy that as a possible reason.

And while I think they should process application on first come, first serve basis, they increased the fee in February, and if they are going to give preference to people who paid more fees, then everyone after the fee increase should be getting faster process, not just those after August. Having said that, I have no issues with people, even those who paid less fee, who applied before I did getting process before me. I also have no issues with people who applied after me getting processed faster. I am happy for them. But frustrated with lack of information from CIC, whose call centre agents keep telling me there are no issues with my application, just waiting for test date, yet others are getting test dates. Why is that not on first come, first serve. If my application is ready to be assigned a test date, why are people who applied after me, getting test dates and not me? If there is an issue with the application, just tell me so I can fix it.

In addition to the above possible explanation, I still believe that there is no accountability of how agents process the applications. Some are quick, others not so much. I think CIC really needs to bring some accountability as well as transparency to the process.

I don't think the slowness for some applications is due to bigotry, birth country or anything like that. I think it is fundamentally an issue of inefficiency due to lack of accountability and transparency.

Ray
Ray, my man, since you are from UK, do you look like Lewis Hamilton or Jenson Button? ;D

Juney

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow,a couple who took the test on the same day as us had already taken their oaths. This has made my day!!!Nothing for us still. Have a great weekend.

Juney

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi jujuberanch. Oct. 7, now this has proven that it has nothing to do about country of origin. Coz, we are from the same country. If it isn't for a sloppy officer,maybe our oath invites had been lost in the mail. Any chance?

Juney

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone from those who have received their oath invites have their ECAS updated. I'm starting to worry if ours got lost in the mail.

jujuberanch

Mar 26, 2013
I wrote mine about a month after you did. Give them a call and ask if you have been scheduled for taking the oath if you are so worried.

Juney said:
Hi jujuberanch. Oct. 7, now this has proven that it has nothing to do about country of origin. Coz, we are from the same country. If it isn't for a sloppy officer,maybe our oath invites had been lost in the mail. Any chance?

Juney

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If only we can ask the vancouver office, which has the first-hand in giving the oath invites. I don't think they can accomodate such inquiry. It would be best if they can consistently update the individual ECAS as soon as Oath Invites come out of the office.

ytmackerel

Dec 3, 2014
Juney said:
I took the test on the same day too. But still nothing in the mailbox and call centre agent kept telling me to just wait......

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Hello Citizenship Friends,

I didn't get any invitation for test yet. My local office is Vancouver. I changed my legal name which they did on e-cas too but didn't get test letter yet. Any Idea?

Thanks
My Time line as under:

Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 22, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 22, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on June 27, 2014.

We sent you a letter on July 7, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.