+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Applicants

Steel Detailer

Jul 15, 2014
raymasa said:
US citizenship isn't based on quota either. PR lottery and certain other PR categories, yes, citizenship no. It amaze me how people jump to conclusion. It's dangerous to spread unfounded rumors. Be better to stick to facts. Please.

Ray
Thumb's UP!

hamedsilent

Star Member
Oct 21, 2010
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Steel Detailer said:
Thumb's UP!
Thats not true, What do you call a citizenship application which has got judge approval and status granted since August 12th to wait while others who did their test 2-3 month after me getting their oath. It is definitely not first come first serve. Otherwise, me like many others should have had our oath already.

Bonny_14

Sep 19, 2014
hamedsilent said:
Thats not true, What do you call a citizenship application which has got judge approval and status granted since August 12th to wait while others who did their test 2-3 month after me getting their oath. It is definitely not first come first serve. Otherwise, me like many others should have had our oath already.
I completely agree with you. Same here... Passed test 5 months ago and applied for the citizenship in May 2013!!!! It's definetly not first come first serve! Otherwise we would get ours long time ago.

raymasa

Star Member
Apr 12, 2014
hamedsilent said:
I agree with you. I applied in March 2014 and haven't received a test date yet. While others who applied after me have not only taken the test but have received citizenship. The question, is this because of the country I was born or because of inefficiencies at CIC? I don't believe this has anything to do with my birth country, this has to do with CIC being inefficient on how they process cases. Some agents are just slow and there is no accountability.

Ray

Juney

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
With the raise in fees,CIC should have resolved these inefficiencies. The system should have been more systematic. I think they have gotten better though,with the speed of processing of newer applicants, while you and me who should have been on queue first, are left forgotten. I really feel for those who have been waiting 'forever' for their test invites. It's such a bummer seeing others after you finish the process within 5-6 mos. Well, as for myself,i'll just assume that the officer handling my paper have gone for early Christmas holidays. And will be back this Jan2015 for a new year of processing applications :p

dudleyyvr

Nov 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does the CIC's ECAS status site load for anyone? I have been getting timeouts for a week now on the https pages to check my case status?
Waiting for Oath invitation since late sept.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oathraincouver said:
Me too, i did test in June (already 6 months), but have not received the oath letter yet.
If you are not Post-test RQed, u need to do something, such as contacting you MP

Bakaboy

Mar 27, 2013
Took the test today, schedule was 8:05AM. Was there early but we had to line up and wait for them to let us enter. Test started at ~8:25, finished in about 1.5 minutes or so. I was the first one to finish I think, unless I missed anybody while I was doing the test. Test is really really easy if you do well on the online sample tests. Waited for my interview for about 30 minutes and the whole interview took a whooping 60 seconds (give or take). She asked for the PR card and 2 pieces of ID and half-glanced my COPR. She then went through the residence calculator to match dates with my passports. She never took any of the photocopies I made. Her only questions were, "Do you like it? (pertaining to my work)" and "Have you ever been convicted of a crime?". That was it and yes I got a perfect score. ;D

Good luck to everyone! :)

pedros

Star Member
Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dudleyyvr said:
Does the CIC's ECAS status site load for anyone? I have been getting timeouts for a week now on the https pages to check my case status?
Waiting for Oath invitation since late sept.
Ecas has been slow for me, particularly today. However, I got my oath invitation in the post just under 2 weeks ago and ecas has still not been updated. It may be likely that you'll get the notice in the post before you see anything on ecas.

canucksrig

Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raymasa said:
US citizenship isn't based on quota either. PR lottery and certain other PR categories, yes, citizenship no. It amaze me how people jump to conclusion. It's dangerous to spread unfounded rumors. Be better to stick to facts. Please.

Ray
Raymas, tone down a bit! why are you getting so defensive? this is a forum and I "did "say this is what I think not that this is my sermon! I'm not spending any rumours or trying to fret people just shared what I felt. If you don't agree with me just state it and not go bossing around what I should be doing. And thank you for letting me know that its dangerous to spread unfound rumours. Please advise what else is dangerous!

Anyways good luck with your application!

dudleyyvr

Nov 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LOL. thanks Pedros. the one guy who changes the site is on holiday???! 8)
basically ECAS is useless if it hasn't been updated in 2 weeks and if you want to change your address, you're better off calling for that.

pedros said:
It may be likely that you'll get the notice in the post before you see anything on ecas.

surrey11

Sep 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, everyone!

As my username suggests, I live in Surrey. It takes about 3-5 minutes to walk from our place to the Surrey CIC office; however, my family and I will be writing the citizenship test in Vancouver. Blessing in disguise?

Hoping everything goes well for us and also for all of you.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
surrey11 said:
Hi, everyone!

As my username suggests, I live in Surrey. It takes about 3-5 minutes to walk from our place to the Surrey CIC office; however, my family and I will be writing the citizenship test in Vancouver. Blessing in disguise?

Hoping everything goes well for us and also for all of you.
you are SUPER lucky.
enjoy !!!!!