+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Applicants

raymasa

Star Member
Apr 12, 2014
Pel said:
not really. Im a March 2014 applicant (Vancouver), no test date yet, no RQ or smth. bad luck
Pel, looks like you and I are the only one left from March who haven't received a test date yet. Call centre keeps telling me everything is ok with the application and just waiting for test date opening..:(

Ray

Pel

Jan 31, 2014
raymasa said:
Pel, looks like you and I are the only one left from March who haven't received a test date yet. Call centre keeps telling me everything is ok with the application and just waiting for test date opening..:(

Ray
It looks like. I called cic a week ago and was told not to worry until March 2016 - same thing they told me a month ago.
The ATIP report looks flawless unless couple things I have no idea about:
Type: File
Holder: RC-5831
Responsible office: Vancouver
Priority: 2-Medium
Retention period: 6
Description: TTxxxxxx

raymasa

Star Member
Apr 12, 2014
Pel said:
It looks like. I called cic a week ago and was told not to worry until March 2016 - same thing they told me a month ago.
The ATIP report looks flawless unless couple things I have no idea about:
Type: File
Holder: RC-5831
Responsible office: Vancouver
Priority: 2-Medium
Retention period: 6
Description: TTxxxxxx

Thanks Pel. March 2016? Wow, based on people who have been getting test date who applied after us (May, June, July), I don't understand the delay other than some agents are slow in processing cases while others are faster. Guess ours went to a slow agent..:(

The retention period of 6 months worries me, what happens after 6 months? Does the process starts all over again and more delays?

Ray

basharar

Nov 5, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Unfortunately there is zero logic to all this, all we can do is sit helplessly and wait...just saying...

Pel

Jan 31, 2014
raymasa said:
Thanks Pel. March 2016? Wow, based on people who have been getting test date who applied after us (May, June, July), I don't understand the delay other than some agents are slow in processing cases while others are faster. Guess ours went to a slow agent..:(

The retention period of 6 months worries me, what happens after 6 months? Does the process starts all over again and more delays?

Ray
no clue, Ray. As per ATIP file - I had passed all the ground checks on May (Sydney), so those checks will expire on May 2015. I really hope smth is going to happen before May 2015.. The worst case scenario is that our files were lost or left out somewhere in Vancouver office, but if it's just a slow case processor that handles our files - that's fine, it's just a bad luck.

hamedsilent

Star Member
Oct 21, 2010
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think it all goes back to the priority. Medium-2, I don't know what it is but I know one of the people who did her oath in 8-9 month had priority one. My thought :(

Pel

Jan 31, 2014
hamedsilent said:
I think it all goes back to the priority. Medium-2, I don't know what it is but I know one of the people who did her oath in 8-9 month had priority one. My thought :(
Thanks. We ordered my wife's ATIP to compare. She is a May 2014 applicant and will become citizen in a few days.

raymasa

Star Member
Apr 12, 2014
Pel said:
no clue, Ray. As per ATIP file - I had passed all the ground checks on May (Sydney), so those checks will expire on May 2015. I really hope smth is going to happen before May 2015.. The worst case scenario is that our files were lost or left out somewhere in Vancouver office, but if it's just a slow case processor that handles our files - that's fine, it's just a bad luck.
Agree, let's hope things happen smoothly and before May next year. At least congratulations that your wife's application is moving faster

Ray

raymasa

Star Member
Apr 12, 2014
hamedsilent said:
OK, but why some have priority 2 and some 1? What's the difference? Like Pel, call centre tells me there are no issues with my application, just waiting for test date. Why do some people get priority 1? We all paid the same fee ($400) why favour one over other. Should be on first come, first serve, based on date of application and any issues with the application.

Ray

Pel

Jan 31, 2014
raymasa said:
Agree, let's hope things happen smoothly and before May next year. At least congratulations that your wife's application is moving faster

Ray
thanks Ray. Hopefully, I won't need her sponsorship :D

hamedsilent

Star Member
Oct 21, 2010
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raymasa said:
OK, but why some have priority 2 and some 1? What's the difference? Like Pel, call centre tells me there are no issues with my application, just waiting for test date. Why do some people get priority 1? We all paid the same fee ($400) why favour one over other. Should be on first come, first serve, based on date of application and any issues with the application.

Ray
Well I can't say for certain but many factors like, category of immigration, background, age, status, country of birth and many other factors. My opinion.

vanvanvan

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Hi just got back from my trip. Hows everyone hope all is well and more good news for the coming holiday! Just dropping by. Cheers

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vanvanvan said:
Hi just got back from my trip. Hows everyone hope all is well and more good news for the coming holiday! Just dropping by. Cheers
Thanks for stopping by, this thread is dying slowly, everybody is busy with their Xmas vacation,lol.

raymasa

Star Member
Apr 12, 2014
hamedsilent said:
Well I can't say for certain but many factors like, category of immigration, background, age, status, country of birth and many other factors. My opinion.
I don't think any of that matter. I was told all my background and security checks were completed before file was transferred to local office. I think some agents are just slow in processing and others are faster. Bad luck I got stuck with a slow agent. Agents should be given one file at a time to process not a handful that they sit on.

CIC process is inefficient and things need to change. More importantly, CIC needs to become transparent in how they process cases. It's not enough to say on eCAS that the file is in process. They should show what stage the process is in. The information is available in ATIP and is in the system. Why not show that in eCAS as well? Certainly reduce the number of requests to ATIP, time they can use to process more cases.

More transparency will result in accountability, which CIC is lacking

Ray

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
raymasa said:
I don't think any of that matter. I was told all my background and security checks were completed before file was transferred to local office. I think some agents are just slow in processing and others are faster. Bad luck I got stuck with a slow agent. Agents should be given one file at a time to process not a handful that they sit on.

CIC process is inefficient and things need to change. More importantly, CIC needs to become transparent in how they process cases. It's not enough to say on eCAS that the file is in process. They should show what stage the process is in. The information is available in ATIP and is in the system. Why not show that in eCAS as well? Certainly reduce the number of requests to ATIP, time they can use to process more cases.

More transparency will result in accountability, which CIC is lacking

Ray
Bro, don't mind I ask you a question, what is your country of origin : South Asia, East Asia, SE Asia, Eastern Europe and Russia, EU, Latin America, Africa?