+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Applicants

raymasa

Star Member
Apr 12, 2014
khowe said:
I am pretty sure the only people who are able to see the transfer in E-Cas are those that have received an E-mail AOR which and have application numbers in the format C0000XXXXX. This seems to be the new way which CIC is communicating with applicants.

My E-Cas shows a fourth line which says: "Your file was transferred to the Citizenship Vancouver office on December 30, 2014. The Citizenship Vancouver office will contact you."
Nice, yes this seems like a new practice and a move in the right direction

Ray

Juney

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dudleyyvr said:
Well . YAY FINALLY --- My grade 3 daughter just got her invite today. LOL. We're singing 'O Canada' on Jan 19. :D
not sure where mine, my wife's and my boy's invites are yet. Maybe tomorrow.
Great! Hopefully we'll see movement for other family applications on here still waiting. Congrats!

dudleyyvr

Nov 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
u4g5 said:
SHOULD BE TMW, its odd u guys dont do oath at the same day.
i expect the mail is just late for us and it arrives today. It would be odd to be separated for days... and expensive taking time off work. Life would still go on and bills still need paying despite the celebrations. As the primary applicant, my e-cas status still shows nothing new - still line 4 is the latest ("scheduled for test" mumbo jumbo.)

dudleyyvr

Nov 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Juney said:
Great! Hopefully we'll see movement for other family applications on here still waiting. Congrats!
you're only a couple weeks behind me with your test date so have no fear my friend.. it's only a matter of time and you'll be singing too.

dudleyyvr

Nov 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
and yes... our remaining invites came today... me, wife and 2 kids. Jan 19. WooHoo!. Good luck to you all.

basharar

Nov 5, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations, how old are your kids, do you plan to take them to ceremony? With my kids, There is no guarantee that they will make a scene and get us kicked out of the room!

canucksrig

Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bonny_14 said:
Wrote the test on July 11... Almost 6 months passed and NO oath invitation:(
Bonny_14 did you try getting a GCMS notes ( I forget what they are called)? I think July 11 and still waiting is really unfair. Hope you get yours soon!

Juney

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got the oath invite for my wife and kid scheduled on Jan.16th. I'd probably have mine in the mailbox later this afternoon after mail delivery. Wait is over except for the invite of the principal applicant. ;) :p ;D :D

dudleyyvr

Nov 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Juney said:
Got the oath invite for my wife and kid scheduled on Jan.16th. I'd probably have mine in the mailbox later this afternoon after mail delivery. Wait is over except for the invite of the principal applicant. ;) :p ;D :D
Congrats Juney. don't worry, i got mine the next day after my daughter. Enjoy it now.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Juney said:
congraz!!!
amost time for Nov test takers!!!

leflex

Jan 9, 2015
Hello,

Here is my timeline

Applied in April 2013

Transferred my file from another city around June/July 2013

Test around mid August 2014

And no oath as of today.

While I have nothing against you guys who get everything done faster than I can dream of, and you stole nothing from me, I have to say that this process is flawed, disrespectful, and gives me a poor image of what is to become my new nation.

I left the country for about two weeks and only once since 2010, I am single, have no criminal record anywhere, have been consistently employed and gave all the requested papers. There is nothing special about my file. Unless CIC is indeed making it harder on applicants from countries that would be considered "surprising" in Vancouver... I don't see any other explanation.

I called CIC and they told me the file was still within the announced 6 months after the test and there was nothing to say about it. This is a total joke and a big disappointment.

derdoppelganger

Jun 27, 2014
North Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2007
Doc's Request.
02-06-2008
AOR Received.
20-12-2007
IELTS Request
30-08-2008
Med's Request
12-01-2010
Med's Done....
16-03-2010
Passport Req..
28-07-2010
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2010
LANDED..........
10-01-2011
Here's my timeline....Other offices are processing their applications way quicker.... ::)

Citizenship:
Date Sent: 23-May-2014
Date Received: 27-May-2014
Processing Started: 25-Jul-2014
AOR Rec'd: 21-Aug-2014
Office: Vancouver
Test Date: TBD
Oath Date: TBD

der doppelgänger

derdoppelganger

Jun 27, 2014
North Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2007
Doc's Request.
02-06-2008
AOR Received.
20-12-2007
IELTS Request
30-08-2008
Med's Request
12-01-2010
Med's Done....
16-03-2010
Passport Req..
28-07-2010
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2010
LANDED..........
10-01-2011
I understand your frustration and part of it is not knowing where things might be stopped. There's not much in our power to change the speed of processing but you might want to consider requesting an AITP so you can take a peek behind the curtains....

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

der doppelgänger

leflex said:
Hello,

Here is my timeline

Applied in April 2013

And no oath as of today.

While I have nothing against you guys who get everything done faster than I can dream of, and you stole nothing from me, I have to say that this process is flawed, disrespectful, and gives me a poor image of what is to become my new nation.

I left the country for about two weeks and only once since 2010, I am single, have no criminal record anywhere, have been consistently employed and gave all the requested papers. There is nothing special about my file. Unless CIC is indeed making it harder on applicants from countries that would be considered "surprising" in Vancouver... I don't see any other explanation.

I called CIC and they told me the file was still within the announced 6 months after the test and there was nothing to say about it. This is a total joke and a big disappointment.

nadalowna

Apr 30, 2014
I finally received my oath letter today!-> Jan 21

Here is my timeline. I was expecting the oath letter in Dec but I was away for 2 wks before the Christmas I guess that's why I got my letter now.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 14, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 14, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on March 27, 2014.

We sent you a notice on July 18, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 19, 2014 at 10:02 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

raymasa

Star Member
Apr 12, 2014
leflex said:
Hello,

Here is my timeline

Applied in April 2013

And no oath as of today.

I feel for you, while I am in somewhat similar situation, it is not as bad as yours. I applied in March this year and haven't received my test date, while other who applied after me have taken their tests and some even their oath. Like you I am single, no criminal record, been employed. And I haven't left Canada, since I moved here permanently.

I ordered my ATIP and there is nothing to indicate there is an issue. All my backgrounds checks have already been done and passed (both according to ATIP and call centre agents).

When I asked whats the next step, call centre agents keep telling me that my file is waiting to be assigned a test date. Yet there are people who have gotten test date, so if all I need is test date assigned, why aren't assigning it, instead of to people who applied after me?

As you said, I have no ill will towards those, I am glad their application is moving forward. But the lack of transparency is very frustrating, and I understand what you are saying.

Hopefully, you will have your oath soon and close this chapter.

Ray