+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Applicants

canucksrig

Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think I saw more oath ceremonies dates for Vancouver (till mid OCT). It's back till 29th September? Is it me or you see that as well?

@JJR20 is you took your test in Vancity then your local office is Vancouver most likely! welcome to the "waitingfortheoath" club :D

mrdrs

Star Member
Aug 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vanvanvan said:
Hi Pie! My kababayan! I think you would get your oath invite soon probably this Friday. I called CIC today because of my being anxious as I have a trip 1st week of November. She told me that I should recieve my oath invite in about two weeks from now. My File was approved for Oath on August 07. So they are scheduling the oath roughly for first week of October. Cheers!
mga kababayan ko!!! ;D

what did CIC told you after your interview? did you got RQ? were there any issues on your application? if none, sooner or later, you will be receiving your notice to take the Oath... congrats & good luck!!!

VancouverGal

Sep 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mga kababayan ko!!! Grin

what did CIC told you after your interview? did you got RQ? were there any issues on your application? if none, sooner or later, you will be receiving your notice to take the Oath... congrats & good luck!!!

@mrdrs I got asked a lot fo questions about my traveling in last 4 years and the officer was checking stamp by stamp to ensure everything matches. Then they asked me to contact CBSA to get entry/exit report to/from US, though I told her I only went to US for day trips so those don't count? Also after I came back from the test I looked at my application and there is a section there where you can either check off "Yes" or "No" for CIC to contact CBSA to get such report...and there is a note there that an applicant should not contact CBSA themselves to obtain such report...hence I'm very confuse now as to what exactly is required from me... :-\

p.s. Congrats to the guys who got their Citizenship! It's a big achievement and you should def celebrate! :D

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
good morning, van ppl.
i studied the discover canada guide until midnight and roughly went through it for the first time. b4 last night i already started doing practice questions and canadian history is my weakest spot. plan to write down all those important names and time, then memorize it. and if anyone wants to share their study tips, much appreciated!
About the interview part, i have the latest CBSA report ready, and will bring my last pay stub along with my original degrees and transcript, NOA, T4,etd which CIC has photo copies already. anything else i should be aware of?
Thanks all

ms12001w

Star Member
Mar 31, 2014
hey guys ,

i am from Vancouver and i have my test schedules in a couple of weeks and i was wondering whether i should order CBSA report for entries and take it with me for the interview or not?

does it help at all?

thanks,

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
ms12001w said:
hey guys ,

i am from Vancouver and i have my test schedules in a couple of weeks and i was wondering whether i should order CBSA report for entries and take it with me for the interview or not?

does it help at all?

thanks,
I have not had mine and there was no issue. Just relax and focus on preparing for the test. All the best and good luck :)

manachinu

Star Member
Dec 22, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Done with my Test this morning.

Got 19/20 correct, took 5 mins to finish

Interview was quick, the lady interviewer was very helpful and pleasant to deal with. Just generic questions. Where i work, do i have family in canada, do i have kids, have i ever been convicted and have i ever had immigration issues. Checked my travel stamps on the passport.

Was told I will hear from them about oath ceremony which will be somewhere 3-5 months.

Was out of there in 1hr 15 mins

canucksrig

Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Very good to hear your update blestcheche!! Welcome to the club of "waitingfor oath" manachinu and family :)

canucksrig

Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
u4g5 said:
good morning, van ppl.
i studied the discover canada guide until midnight and roughly went through it for the first time. b4 last night i already started doing practice questions and canadian history is my weakest spot. plan to write down all those important names and time, then memorize it. and if anyone wants to share their study tips, much appreciated!
About the interview part, i have the latest CBSA report ready, and will bring my last pay stub along with my original degrees and transcript, NOA, T4,etd which CIC has photo copies already. anything else i should be aware of?
Thanks all
Practice test online. I also downloaded some apps from istore (free mostly) top practice in bus etc. There is one from radiant tech. Good luck with test!

vias

Star Member
Aug 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
did test on June17th .........3 months completed

Called CIC today and nothing scheduled ......got reply from call centre agent , they have 6 months time to look at my application ...

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
vias said:

Called CIC today and nothing scheduled ......got reply from call centre agent , they have 6 months time to look at my application ...
I got the same reply and I was scheduled a couple of weeks later. Do not worry :)

manachinu

Star Member
Dec 22, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canucksrig said:
Very good to hear your update blestcheche!! Welcome to the club of "waitingfor oath" manachinu and family :)
Thanks canucksrig...let the wait begin!!!!

steeles

May 7, 2014
vias said:

Hi, vias
Did you apply as an individual/single? or family?
Did you have RQ before the test?