Vancouver Applicants

mrdrs

Star Member
Aug 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VancouverGal said:
mga kababayan ko!!! Grin

what did CIC told you after your interview? did you got RQ? were there any issues on your application? if none, sooner or later, you will be receiving your notice to take the Oath... congrats & good luck!!!

@ mrdrs I got asked a lot fo questions about my traveling in last 4 years and the officer was checking stamp by stamp to ensure everything matches. Then they asked me to contact CBSA to get entry/exit report to/from US, though I told her I only went to US for day trips so those don't count? Also after I came back from the test I looked at my application and there is a section there where you can either check off "Yes" or "No" for CIC to contact CBSA to get such report...and there is a note there that an applicant should not contact CBSA themselves to obtain such report...hence I'm very confuse now as to what exactly is required from me... :-\

p.s. Congrats to the guys who got their Citizenship! It's a big achievement and you should def celebrate! :D

its realy a big deal for the immigration if they see that you exited from Canada so many times, either to US or to other countries... they will also see to it that your expencess will justify your income. if this will not justify each other, then they will have doubt on you..

if you put a check mark on "yes" before you sumit your application, they will be the one to ask the CBSA about your record, no need for you to go and ask for your record to submitt it to the CIC...

VancouverGal

Sep 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrdrs said:
its realy a big deal for the immigration if they see that you exited from Canada so many times, either to US or to other countries... they will also see to it that your expencess will justify your income. if this will not justify each other, then they will have doubt on you..

if you put a check mark on "yes" before you sumit your application, they will be the one to ask the CBSA about your record, no need for you to go and ask for your record to submitt it to the CIC...
thank you @mrdrs :) I guess I just never thought they would question my day trips to US. I used to live 20 mins from the border and let's be honest here everyone goes to States to shop because everything is cheaper there and more variety...Also I didn't even put those day trips on my application because it's not required but when the officer was questioning me at the interview I was honest and said I go to Bellingham/Seattle a lot to shop...and then she got super concerned and said I need to provide entry/exit records to and from US...I guess my honesty might have cost me :'( but I had nothing to hide...

I printed I94 records from US Border Security site but the records are not in order and pretty hard to follow. Also I found out sometimes when you go to US or come back they don;t necessarily stamp your passport, so some records of my entering to US from I94 don't match my passport pages...Lesson to learn from my case is to be in Canada for as much as possible to avoid any grey area situations like mine :(

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
good morning! ;D

jjr20, vias & steeles, I think we have the same SLOW officer :-X

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Updated today from ECAS: :)

Finally! :)

We sent you a notice on September 15, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on October 14, 2014 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pie_vancouver said:

We sent you a notice on September 15, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on October 14, 2014 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
big congrazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

VancouverGal

Sep 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pie_vancouver said:

CONGRATS!!!!!!!! ;D hopefully all the rest of us will be right after you :p

VancouverGal

Sep 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pie_vancouver said:

I guess that means ECas is being updated daily...someone before told me it's only updated every Tuesday...Pie have you recently called CIC? If so, did they tell you you will get your letter soon?

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Thanks guys :) 11.33 months from start to finish

I checked ecas yesterday afternoon no update, maybe they update it at 12midnite??

I called last week, the guy was nice unlike the lady I talked before that told me it's not even 1 year yet! and 2yrs ave. processing blah blah :p
The guy said I was approved just waiting for the schedule of the oath.

VancouverGal, can you pls put your timeline in our spreadsheet
click Vancouver Applicants on my signature :D

v v v

vias

Star Member
Aug 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pie_vancouver said:

Congrats .. :)

mrdrs

Star Member
Aug 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pie_vancouver said:

congrats!!! :D

mrdrs

Star Member
Aug 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pie_vancouver said:

I checked ecas yesterday afternoon no update, maybe they update it at 12midnite??

I called last week, the guy was nice unlike the lady I talked before that told me it's not even 1 year yet! and 2yrs ave. processing blah blah :p

v v v
you almost broke my record... 11 moths & 2 days... :-D

how can i put my timeline in the spreadsheet?

mrdrs

Star Member
Aug 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VancouverGal said:
thank you @ mrdrs :) I guess I just never thought they would question my day trips to US. I used to live 20 mins from the border and let's be honest here everyone goes to States to shop because everything is cheaper there and more variety...Also I didn't even put those day trips on my application because it's not required but when the officer was questioning me at the interview I was honest and said I go to Bellingham/Seattle a lot to shop...and then she got super concerned and said I need to provide entry/exit records to and from US...I guess my honesty might have cost me :'( but I had nothing to hide...

I printed I94 records from US Border Security site but the records are not in order and pretty hard to follow. Also I found out sometimes when you go to US or come back they don;t necessarily stamp your passport, so some records of my entering to US from I94 don't match my passport pages...Lesson to learn from my case is to be in Canada for as much as possible to avoid any grey area situations like mine :(
you're welcome, VancouverGal... don't worry, you'll get through with that... while waiting for your notice to take the Oath, prepare all your legal documents just in case they will verify something again...

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
pie_vancouver said:

v v v
Sincere congratulations :)

steeles

May 7, 2014
pie_vancouver said:

BIG CONGRATS, PIE!!
Glad to hear from you!!
EVERYTIME when I call CIC, lady agent pick up my phone... :eek:
They always answered same response saying average processing time for non-routine is 36 months.
Then I hang up at the end...